• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

congrats Onasis!

Folks, i also picked my visa together with that of my wife the same day. i may have met Onasis there. We have also bought our ticket and will be departing Accra on 4th April with British airways to Virginia through London. Wishing all others who are yet to pick their visas and those yet to be current, all the best

@ Kartey21
Whats the fare of BA and the baggage allowance per person. Congrats to you too

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE
DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY
RANK
CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN MAY
For May, immigrant numbers in the DV
category are available to qualified DV-2011
applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible
countries as follows. When an allocation cut-
off number is shown, visas are available only
for applicants with DV regional lottery rank
numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-
off number:
Region
All DV
Chargeability
Areas Except
Those Listed
Separately
AFRICA 42,000 Except: Egypt 31,200
Ethiopia 26,200
Nigeria 15,450
ASIA 23,500
EUROPE 27,800
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 12
OCEANIA 1,175
SOUTH AMERICA, and the
CARIBBEAN 1,150

@ Kartey21
Whats the fare of BA and the baggage allowance per person. Congrats to you too

@ onasis
The fare for BA(roundtrip) is USD 1400/person for 2weeks to washington dulles int airport, which serves virginia, though we are not returning ( note that one way ticket is most of the time expensive than roundtrip). i bought it online at BA's website.its always cheaper to buy online.when you make the reservations online, you will be given a code which you will take to any stanchart branch and pay. i dont know about your final destination, but this fare is for my destination. your destination may be cheaper than mine-who knows?

i'm really sorry for posting this so late, i av been battling since afternoon to post it, after typing everything with my phone i lost it and the internet in the laptop was not helping matters, but thank God finally.
Pls permit me to skip some protocols. after the usual security check, payment and submission, i was called to window 12 by a young good looking american guy 4 my interview.
Me: gud morning sir!(with ease)
Co: gud morning(with a sincere smile)
Co: raise ur right hand up
Me: i did
Co: do u swear to tell the truth today?
Me: yes i do
Fingerprint was taken
Co: u are here because u were selected 4 further processing
Me: yes
Co: wats ur highest educational qualification?
Me: university degree
Co: wat school?
Me: ESUT
Co: wat course did u do?
Me: mechanical engineering
Co:did u do a project?
Me:yes
Co:wat was it?
Me: reactivation and experimentation of impact of jet apparatus
Co: tell me about it
Me: i did...................
Co: so wat was ur conclusion?
Me: i did.....................
Co: tell me the courses u did in ur final year
Me: i did(started wit the once i can talk about)
Co: tell me about thermodynamics
Me: i did a little bit
Co: started typing
Co: i’m curious, tell me more about thermodynamics i don’t know about it(wit a smile)
Me: i did............
Co: wat other courses did u do?
Me: i mention it all over again
Co: tell me about engineering drawing
Me: i did..........
Co: ok
That was it my brothers and sisters, its the Lord’s doing.
First of all let me give thanks the almighty God for His favour and also to u all for all ur prayers, expecially those of u who took time to fast and pray for, may the almighty God do for u wat u cannot do for urselves, i’ll also want to say that i have found in u all a family that is priceless. Thank u and God bless. For those waiting for their date, just do ur best and leave the rest to God,Him alone can show u favour beyond ur espectations.

hi kenny,
I.m very happy for you. congratulations. i believe you will agree with me as well as all others who have already gone for their interviews that, the secret to success in this 'game' are self awareness, honesty, prayers and keeping calm. minus one of these factors= failure. wishing you all the best.

hi kenny,
i.m very happy for you. Congratulations. I believe you will agree with me as well as all others who have already gone for their interviews that, the secret to success in this 'game' are self awareness, honesty, prayers and keeping calm. Minus one of these factors= failure. Wishing you all the best.
thanks kartey, i quite agree with u, the key secret is prayers, i pray that those that are yet to go for their interview will successfully sail through in jesus name.

CN: 2010AF000400XXX

i called the KCC and i was told my interview on 17 May but i have sent them an email just to be sure.
also i hope the 2letter gets here in time.

surely GOD will have mercy and show us divine favour AMEN....

Wish you all the best in your preparation for the interview.

Hi Ammeck09,
May the good Lord bless you for your kindness on this forum. Please I would like to know what KCC specifically look at on the BECE cert. Is it the result/ grade OR the date of birth and the name. I had 5 and 6 in the BECE (English and Maths), will it cause any WAHALA? NEED YOUR HELP. Thanks!!!! God bless all March interviewees.

You don't need passes in BECE to qualify for the DV lottery. What they need is O/Level, SSSCE or the new WAEC (I don't know the new name) to qualify, so just forget about the grades on the BECE. Sometimes, the embassy ask for the BECE cert if only your highest qualification is SSSCE - so that they could cross-check the name with that on the SSSCE, but BECE is not a requirement.

Hi Forumites,
I just called KCC and was told the interview has been scheduled on May 12. Preparation starts now. With GOD all things are possible. Falainwest thanks a lot, you can check yours too.

Yea, preparation must start now - go all out for it and with prayers you are destined to succeed.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE
DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY
RANK
CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN MAY
For May, immigrant numbers in the DV
category are available to qualified DV-2011
applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible
countries as follows. When an allocation cut-
off number is shown, visas are available only
for applicants with DV regional lottery rank
numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-
off number:
Region
All DV
Chargeability
Areas Except
Those Listed
Separately
Ethiopia 26,200
Nigeria 15,450
ASIA 23,500
EUROPE 27,800
OCEANIA 1,175
SOUTH AMERICA, and the
CARIBBEAN 1,150

Good, as we are all aware, last year the cut-offs for May was 39,000+. This means there has been an increase of about 3,000 for this year which is a good sign for those having high case numbers. I hope Africa will be current in August this year.

@ onasis
The fare for BA(roundtrip) is USD 1400/person for 2weeks to washington dulles int airport, which serves virginia, though we are not returning ( note that one way ticket is most of the time expensive than roundtrip). i bought it online at BA's website.its always cheaper to buy online.when you make the reservations online, you will be given a code which you will take to any stanchart branch and pay. i dont know about your final destination, but this fare is for my destination. your destination may be cheaper than mine-who knows?

wow, Washington Dulles Airport was my landing place when I first touched down in Obamaland.

For May, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
Ethiopia 26,200
Nigeria 15,450

ASIA 23,500
EUROPE 27,800
OCEANIA 1,175
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,150

wow, Washington Dulles Airport was my landing place when I first touched down in Obamaland.

wo........w ameck09, guess we have something in common in obamaland. that's touching down in the same airport. bro, would you mind if i drop you a pm?

@onasis,
the baggage allowance for BA and for that matter most airlines is 23KG for checked in luggage and an equivalent of two pieces of laptop bag sized luggage for the cabin.

i'm really sorry for posting this so late, i av been battling since afternoon to post it, after typing everything with my phone i lost it and the internet in the laptop was not helping matters, but thank God finally.
Pls permit me to skip some protocols. after the usual security check, payment and submission, i was called to window 12 by a young good looking american guy 4 my interview.
Me: gud morning sir!(with ease)
Co: gud morning(with a sincere smile)
Co: raise ur right hand up
Me: i did
Co: do u swear to tell the truth today?
Me: yes i do
Fingerprint was taken
Co: u are here because u were selected 4 further processing
Me: yes
Co: wats ur highest educational qualification?
Me: university degree
Co: wat school?
Me: ESUT
Co: wat course did u do?
Me: mechanical engineering
Co:did u do a project?
Me:yes
Co:wat was it?
Me: reactivation and experimentation of impact of jet apparatus
Co: tell me about it
Me: i did...................
Co: so wat was ur conclusion?
Me: i did.....................
Co: tell me the courses u did in ur final year
Me: i did(started wit the once i can talk about)
Co: tell me about thermodynamics
Me: i did a little bit
Co: started typing
Co: i’m curious, tell me more about thermodynamics i don’t know about it(wit a smile)
Me: i did............
Co: wat other courses did u do?
Me: i mention it all over again
Co: tell me about engineering drawing
Me: i did..........
Co: ok
That was it my brothers and sisters, its the Lord’s doing.
First of all let me give thanks the almighty God for His favour and also to u all for all ur prayers, expecially those of u who took time to fast and pray for, may the almighty God do for u wat u cannot do for urselves, i’ll also want to say that i have found in u all a family that is priceless. Thank u and God bless. For those waiting for their date, just do ur best and leave the rest to God,Him alone can show u favour beyond ur espectations.

Glory, Honor, Praise be unto the Name of our Lord God Almighty for finally bringing you to this successful end. Lord we thank you very much.

Congrats Kenny, I pray that you'll be success shall follow you in all your endeavours.

Folks, I successfully picked my visa on Friday few minutes after 9am. I thank Jesus for bringing me this far. It is not by my strength but by His Divine Power which has given me this opportunity. I thought I was dreaming but it is a reality. When I saw a friend's IV last year I said to myself :when will get my own, I was thinking it will take a decade but I have it now...PRAIZ GOD, for His mercies endureth forever...Amen

Congratulations Onasis. By his grace all shall be well when you arrive here in the US. I have been here for 2 weeks and already have my SSN, opened a bank account and will be doing a driving test tomorrow. You will need to have most of this documents before starting the job application process. Stay blessed

Glory, Honor, Praise be unto the Name of our Lord God Almighty for finally bringing you to this successful end. Lord we thank you very much.

Popescandy,
Next visa bullettin and you'll definately be current. Start preparing for success is already granted. We shall continuously be with you in prayers. Stay blessed.

Dear ALL,

We thank God for the VISA BREAKTHROUGH he has started this month in the life of KennyEast and we decree that ALL of us going for interview next week,coming weeks and upcoming months shall find the favour of God i the face of consular officers and VISA SUCCESSFUL in Jesus name,AMEN

My interview and my wife comes up next week 15th March,2011,we need your prayer that God in his infinite mercy go with us and grant us VISA BREAKTHROUGH IN JESUS NAME,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE SHALL ALL CELEBRATE ON THIS FORUM IN JESUS NAME,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The Lord is good ALL the time and ALL the time,the Lord is Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello forumites, Can aomeone help

me with this.

The issue is I have been using

different email address apart

from the one I use to enter the

lottery and fill the form to

contact kcc for a while but I

have been receiving a reply. The

case is the email address I have

been using is having some problem

and I want to use the one I use

to enter the lottery to contact