• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

At the moment it is 101 day since our case was.delivered to Chicago. We hope it would be 140 days from that date, not from the date of NOA. But....we'll see....
It's demoralizing to see that cybor, who is at the same FO is me is taking so long, I do not have 140 days left to adjust, does it matter to USCIS the amount of people that is adjusting? Would that calculate into the amount of time reviewing a case? I'm gonna go to an INFOPASS, as I don't have that many days left to adjust.

Ok, so here is my INFOPASS appointment. First at the triage where i take my number the woman ask me what I was doing there, here is our conversation:

IO: You just applied in June, there is nothing we can tell you.
Me: I just want to know if its moving along.
IO: I don't know why you filed so late, you're suppose to file beginning of October.
Me: But then I would get denied for early filing since my number wasn't current till August.
IO: I'll give you a ticket, but I don't know if anyone can tell you anything, friday is our day off, the officer on your case might not be here.

Gives me a ticket, I sit down and wait. Then my number was called. This IO was much nicer

IO: How can I help you.
Me: I just want to check my status. (Punches in my receipt number)
IO: OK, your file is in the local office since July 1st, there is nothing scheduled as of yet, you have to wait 90 days.
Me: But will I be able to get it before Sept 30th?
IO: We can't guarantee, but just wait for your EAD in the mean time, its just as good as a green card.
Me: But after September 30th, my case will be denied.
IO: Why would it?
Me: Because the DV Lottery fiscal year ends on September 30th and I can't get a green card after.
IO: I don't think thats true.
Me: ..................
IO: Let me go check. (Walks to some computer station)
IO: I'm sorry but theres nothing scheduled, you have to wait 90s.
Me: Did i clear name check and finger print
IO: yep, fingerprint was clear on 19th and name check was cleared today.
Me: Ok thank you for your help.

So I guess I'll just have to show them some evidence that I have to get approved before September 30th to get an interview, I can't wait for 90 days.

Hi,

Just got second interview this morning. By the time my interview at 800am was called by 820am, and the IO asked me the doc from sponsor then I gave to him.
The IO was very kind to me, also he asked me about the EAD card told me that needs to send back to DOS and gave an envelope as well. As he said last interview "this time only needs 5 mins" approved your case. that's it. I left CIS before 9 am.

Hope you guys all well for DV 2011 and get the GC soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi EternalHope,

You will be fine man! I think you just got bio done last week then the case needs time, just wait for couple of day and try to make another inforpass again.

Good Luck !
Congrats eooedada, I'm so jealous.

Just an update, I just call KCC and they told me that my file was requested and transfered to Detroit FO on July 21.

I don't know, maybe it's a good sign..... my case is moving forward.....

Where it was, which FO?
Ok, so here is my INFOPASS appointment. First at the triage where i take my number the woman ask me what I was doing there, here is our conversation:

IO: I don't know why you filed so late, you're suppose to file beginning of October.
Me: But then I would get denied for early filing since my number wasn't current till August.
IO: I'll give you a ticket, but I don't know if anyone can tell you anything, friday is our day off, the officer on your case might not be here.

Gives me a ticket, I sit down and wait. Then my number was called. This IO was much nicer

IO: OK, your file is in the local office since July 1st, there is nothing scheduled as of yet, you have to wait 90 days.
IO: We can't guarantee, but just wait for your EAD in the mean time, its just as good as a green card.
Me: Because the DV Lottery fiscal year ends on September 30th and I can't get a green card after.

So I guess I'll just have to show them some evidence that I have to get approved before September 30th to get an interview, I can't wait for 90 days.

EternalHope, I think that this is a good thing usually all the delays are from the name check, and your case is moving....... May be Call KCC and ask whether they requested your File.

70 days only left till the end of DV2011 fiscal year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also another announcment:

It seems that i am the only person with the highest number AS44xxx
Also it seems i am the only person having AOS in Cleveland OH...No one from the whole of OHIO state!!!!

Hi,

I think you will be the best example for all of the selectees in Asia with high CN (>35K) of FY-2012, who are currently in USA and struggling to do AOS or CP.
Pls keep updating your process status for us, and hope you have a good and happy ending. Thanks!

Hi,
It seems the people in USCIS do not know much about DV lottery.

I guess this is the usual "nice" greeting that USCIS have for everyone: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE !...."
The fact that the IO at the counter (clerk) thought that you can still get the GC even after Sep 30th, just proves once again that USCIS officers don't know how DV process works. I'm sure that some do know, but most don't. I wonder how many people get rejected/delayed just because of that.
It was nice to know that they actually answered your question whether you cleared namecheck and FP.
I also think that you should monitor KCC transferring your file. That is call them about once a week and ask if your file was transfered.
Last time I didn't ask about my namecheck clearing status... I pray to get a nice officer that would answer this.

I just realized that assuming they started your name check after NOA, you cleared name check in 30 days....

Hi, Yoni.
Yes, they are not very expirience in DV cases. But it worth to find good lawer or paralegal who knows how to work with field office people. They, lawers, also don't have big expurience in paperwork anbout DV cases, but they know how and to whome better communicate in FO. They work witg them for many years. Ours says, we must be patient,and if needed he knows the way how to schedule interview at 30th of September.And we never pay 250 for 20min. Try to find one good.good luck, ubachi).
I guess this is the usual "nice" greeting that USCIS have for everyone: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE !...."
The fact that the IO at the counter (clerk) thought that you can still get the GC even after Sep 30th, just proves once again that USCIS officers don't know how DV process works. I'm sure that some do know, but most don't. I wonder how many people get rejected/delayed just because of that.
It was nice to know that they actually answered your question whether you cleared namecheck and FP.
I also think that you should monitor KCC transferring your file. That is call them about once a week and ask if your file was transfered.
Last time I didn't ask about my namecheck clearing status... I pray to get a nice officer that would answer this.

I just realized that assuming they started your name check after NOA, you cleared name check in 30 days....

Hey Yoni
Hello
I'm a DV2012 winner with EU301xx. you r the only one that I know so far in these forums who has a close number to mine from europe. so I'm trying to follow you as much as I can. I'm in NV so I'll do a AOS most likey in next june 2012.... I hope everything works simple and easy for you and you get what you want before it is sep 30 2011. i think you'll be a very good example to me in all means.
i have a question to you: when i look at your signature it says:
4/11/11: AOS in Chicago
4/18/11: Acceptance and Check Cashed
4/21/11: NOA
4/23/11: Bio letter received for 5/12/11

so your number EU29xxx was inadvance notificitaion in may 2011, so how come 4/11/11 you have a AOS in chicago? (does this mean your AOS documents were received in chicago lock at that date?)I'm confused.
thank you

gkds52, I'll explain again..
On Friday, April 8th, June VB was published. I sent my package next day on Saturday and they got it Monday April 11th.
In that VB, the advanced notification for June was 29450 i think. Since my # is lower than that, i applied. Theoretically, in such case you could get interviewed in June or later. Practically, I still don't have an IL (interview letter)...
Keep in mind that next year you mind find yourself current in May or maybe July...
Read our forum from first page till last and educate yourself.

Hey Yoni
Hello
I'm a DV2012 winner with EU301xx. you r the only one that I know so far in these forums who has a close number to mine from europe. so I'm trying to follow you as much as I can. I'm in NV so I'll do a AOS most likey in next june 2012.... I hope everything works simple and easy for you and you get what you want before it is sep 30 2011. i think you'll be a very good example to me in all means.
i have a question to you: when i look at your signature it says:
4/11/11: AOS in Chicago
4/18/11: Acceptance and Check Cashed
4/21/11: NOA
4/23/11: Bio letter received for 5/12/11

so your number EU29xxx was inadvance notificitaion in may 2011, so how come 4/11/11 you have a AOS in chicago? (does this mean your AOS documents were received in chicago lock at that date?)I'm confused.
thank you

hello there!
my wife and I are both on F1 status and live here in the US.She just was selected for DV2012. I looked online for the steps to do AOS. but it seemed a bit complicated. I called KCC like 4 times and each time they told me something different. I have few questions and i would appreciate it if you helped me.
My wife case# 2012EU25***
I know she has to send DSP-122 along with two pictures and the receipt that has the barcode.
Q1) how does she go about filling for me? does she have to submit a different DSP-122 forme as well or she has to attach DS-230 form(which contains a section for the spouse's info )

Q2) after submitting docs to KCC should we wait or what are the steps.

thank you in advance !

best regards
mrF1

Hi there,

I just recieved my GREEN CARD today. Thank you friends in this whole forum for helping me till the end of the DV process.

Wish for all who are on the way of green card process. Wish you all receive GREEN CARDS before the end of fiscal year of DV 2011.

Anyone here think getting a lawyer can help me expedite the case, if the officers don't listen to me will they listen to a lawyer?