• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

When you call USCIS do you ask to speak to an IO? Because most of the time your talking to a secretary thats just giving you generic answers, try getting an IO or supervisor on the phone and explain your case to them, I think they can do more for you.

My FO is LA. There are couple of people here that got their ILs relatively fast. Even one person that applied same time i did. So either some cases fall between the "cracks" or sometimes the cases themselves are more complicated and maybe require additional research or documentation from NBC.
There is also a chance albeit small, that the IL is lost... I wonder if in such case, the USCIS will actually tell you if a IL was sent to you....

Hi, Yoni 123.
What is your FO?
My is Newark and also no IL yet from april.
Made a phone call to Uscis, no any result, just toldthat 4 monthes did not passed yet and our case in NBC.

Not really Newark FO is not very slow it depends what step you are going for.

hey cybor, I'm in Newark FO too. And i'm two months behind you!!!!!! There is no way i'll make it in 4 months!!!!! I'm scared. One of my friends told me to talk to my senator, that they can help you expedite your case.

Probably. Our case is for the family with child. May be it takes longer time. But my lawer told, that NBC is making appoitments work only and send all documents to FO, where they are working on it.
We also called them, with the question, may be the IL was lost. He only ask us if we got FP letter, means they have information abou the sent out letters.
The problem is, that we did not get any email, or sms about FP letter, means we shall not get its about IL. (((

My FO is LA. There are couple of people here that got their ILs relatively fast. Even one person that applied same time i did. So either some cases fall between the "cracks" or sometimes the cases themselves are more complicated and maybe require additional research or documentation from NBC.
There is also a chance albeit small, that the IL is lost... I wonder if in such case, the USCIS will actually tell you if a IL was sent to you....

Thank you. I'll ask my lawer to do this.
When you call USCIS do you ask to speak to an IO? Because most of the time your talking to a secretary thats just giving you generic answers, try getting an IO or supervisor on the phone and explain your case to them, I think they can do more for you.

Question about I-134. I am in the process of getting my form I-134 completed. My sponsor makes more than 100 K and will be providing me a copy of his green card and employment letter to prove his financial support for me. He mentioned that he does not have significant savings in his personal account so was hesitant to provide it. I just want to make sure that there will be no issues with this form I-134.

Will his employment letter with copy of green card, tax return and w2 be sufficient to complete the form I-134. Just want to make sure if a personal savings or checking deposit is absolutely necessary. Thanks.

Since your sponsor has enough income, you do not need to provide a bank statement, and the FO did not ask you for one anyway.

Regarding searching, I guess it does not work too well. Your best bet is to look at that user's profile and search for all her posts from there.
You may also try searching in google if you feel lucky. You can search on a specific site by using the site qualifier, e.g. "site:forums.immigration.com search_terms"

Hi guys,

I had a quick question. My biometric appointment is scheduled for July 7. I am an f-1 student and graduating in August. I had a job offer recently. Do you know whether I can accept a job offer with a pending i-485 application? Also, do you think there is enough time left for me to get a green card after july 7?

Thank you

My interview went well. The IO is a young man and he was very kind to me. my case was called by 2pm at that time. I walked into his office then he checked my passport and took out I-94 card also checked my other documents like school information (current transcript), F1 visa status, birth certificate, DV winner letters, employment letter, paid check infor, DV payment receipt from DOS and sponsor information I-134. And he asked me YES or NO questions.

After that, he said that my case looks good, asked me how much your salary for a year and I told him that I am working with F-1 Pre-OPT which is a part time job now so it is not that much. He told me that my salary is too low and asked me" do you have any friend can support you to prove that you will not become public charge, the person could be a teacher or someone who is working in the USA. " I said I will find it out. And then he said that I need to get the documents from sponsor and bring them with me next interview which he scheduled in July 22., He said that it just need 5 mins he will PDA my case then I will get my GC within 2 weeks. that's it.
Hey how did your interview go?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can only accept the offer is you have applied and received a work permit while the I-485 is pending.
You still have time to complete the process. What is your field office?
When did you send your AOS package to chicago?
Can you add your details to the spreadsheet

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...Zoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

Hi guys,

I had a quick question. My biometric appointment is scheduled for July 7. I am an f-1 student and graduating in August. I had a job offer recently. Do you know whether I can accept a job offer with a pending i-485 application? Also, do you think there is enough time left for me to get a green card after july 7?

Thank you

As we said before, you are very lucky. You got a very inexperienced IO. Your AS35xxx is not current yet...It will not even be current in July. Only in August.
You also said that you gave them I-134 form. So why do they ask you for sponsor? That should have satisfied them on the sponsor issue.

My interview went well, the IO is a young person and he was very kind to me. my case called by 2pm at that time, and I walked into his office then he checked my passport and took out I-94 card also checked my other document like school information (current transcript), F1 visa status, birth certificate, DV winner letters, employment letter, pay check infor, DV payment receipt from DOS and sponsor information I-134. Also he asked me YES or NO questions.

After, he said that your case looks good, asked me how much your salary for year and I told him that I am working with F-1 Pre-OPT is a part time job now so not that much. Also, he said that your salary is too low and asked me do you have any friend can support you to prove that you will not become public charge, could be a teacher or someone who working in the USA. I said sure I will find it out. And he also said that you just need to get the documents from your sponsor, when you come to my office next time it just needs 5 mins I will PDA your case then you will get your GC within 2 weeks. So he scheduled another interview and gave me an interview letter for July 22, 11. that's it

Thank you! cause my sponsor's salary is low too she is my GF and her visa is F1 OPT now also I dont think he is a very inexperienced IO It depends what your DV case is and where your FO is. right?

As we said before, you are very lucky. You got a very inexperienced IO. Your AS35xxx is not current yet...It will not even be current in July. Only in August.
You also said that you gave them I-134 form. So why do they ask you for sponsor? That should have satisfied them on the sponsor issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey eooedada, congrats on the smooth interview. Im puzzled as why you got an interview so early, its weird how USCIS is set up, im worried that Newark is processing my case slowly, do you remember the name of your IO? Maybe i could set up an infopass to meet with him if i could.

One month since the interview and still waiting. Interview was on 5/31, KCC file was transferred on 6/2 and nothing.
I called USCIS customer service number and it was just waste of time - blah, blah, blah, (I heard same brochure text maybe 5 times), wait 60 days.... I bet if I wait 60 days and call again they will read another brochure that says wait 90 days....
My wife went to the FO yesterday and couldn't get past the receptionist. He told her that our case now is assigned to a different officer and they are underpowered because of vacations and blah blah blah....
I am skimming through the new posts from time to time.
Yoni, good luck with your IL, I hope you get it soon.
Cheers everyone

Thanks tzvetanto.
If KCC transfered your file on 6/2 and i guess you had the interview at the end of may...so it does sometimes take 3 weeks for the file to reach USCIS...
So I think you are going to get your CPO/PDA any day now...

One month since the interview and still waiting. Interview was on 5/31, KCC file was transferred on 6/2 and nothing.
I called USCIS customer service number and it was just waste of time - blah, blah, blah, (I heard same brochure text maybe 5 times), wait 60 days.... I bet if I wait 60 days and call again they will read another brochure that says wait 90 days....
My wife went to the FO yesterday and couldn't get past the receptionist. He told her that our case now is assigned to a different officer and they are underpowered because of vacations and blah blah blah....
I am skimming through the new posts from time to time.
Yoni, good luck with your IL, I hope you get it soon.
Cheers everyone

Hi EternalHope,

Thanks. I dont think you can set up an infopass to meet with him really! but I think you will be fine dont worry.

eooedada

Hey eooedada, congrats on the smooth interview. Im puzzled as why you got an interview so early, its weird how USCIS is set up, im worried that Newark is processing my case slowly, do you remember the name of your IO? Maybe i could set up an infopass to meet with him if i could.