• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Yoni123, Karen127:
I think towards the end of the FY, they do expedite the DV cases based on DV 2010 AOS Only forum. Good luck to both of you!

Thanks feel...
Yeah, but I don't think we're at the end of the year yet....There are 5.5 months...
I do think it has to do with the timing of mailing and the release of the VB....
We both mailed 1 day after VB was released...maybe if you mail a week or so after, you get stuck at some line....

Yoni123, Karen127:
I think towards the end of the FY, they do expedite the DV cases based on DV 2010 AOS Only forum. Good luck to both of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Dearborn too.
Every time we recommend that new people at this forum to read it from the beginning...
Although it is quite long, but it is well worth the benefit.
We discussed the G-1145 in some details...
But, sending the G-1145 simply gives you the knowledge to find out about acceptance and case number couple of day ahead...really not a big deal at all...
Plug your info into the spreadsheet:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tNhB2CVZoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0
It is interesting that "enfl" has sent his/her application a month before us...yet only got the check cashed couple day ago...

Yoni123,

I sent my AOS to Dearborn. How abt you?
NO, I did not inculded G1145 buz I did not know I can fill that form out lol
I just check my bank account today morning and find out my check been cased!
Yep, we should follow our progress with each other. Hopefully all of us can get GC sooooon

also, thanks sharminlee !

Just came back from my interview. It went well. it was only 15mins. The officer had a list of the 245i requirements, so she just went through the list. I had all the paper work (high school diploma, etc) and she seemed ok with everything. She wrote in my in my passport 'I485 pending' and took away my EAD card because she said that I wouldn't need it anymore. She said I should receive my green card in two weeks if everything goes well. She said she needs to review my file and if everything was ok that she would start the processing today. I'm soooo nervous. My status hasn't moved to CPO...it's only been 4.5 hours since the interview finished. How long after the interview did you guys get the CPO?

Queenslurker,
I totally forgot that you did 245i.
It is amazing that you were one of the first to mail in the package back in October 1st...and only got your interview now.
If you had EAD, is this from this process?
Were you under the new 245(i) that needed to show presence here 12/21/2000?

Just came back from my interview. It went well. it was only 15mins. The officer had a list of the 245i requirements, so she just went through the list. I had all the paper work (high school diploma, etc) and she seemed ok with everything. She wrote in my in my passport 'I485 pending' and took away my EAD card because she said that I wouldn't need it anymore. She said I should receive my green card in two weeks if everything goes well. She said she needs to review my file and if everything was ok that she would start the processing today. I'm soooo nervous. My status hasn't moved to CPO...it's only been 4.5 hours since the interview finished. How long after the interview did you guys get the CPO?

hi Yoni. You're also doing 245i, correct? I guess you didn't read about what happened a couple of months ago. I did get an interview letter for January 13th, but when I got to the interview, the officer was totally unfamiliar with the DV process and how 245i can be applied to a winner. Basically, they sent me to a field office that did not process DV winners. So I was finally rescheduled for a new interview for today(3 agonizing months of waiting).

I was actually covered under the old 245i rules since my petition had a priority date of January 12, 1998, so I did not have to show presence on 12/21/2000 (which is a blessing since I was in junior high that year and I don't know what proof I would have gotten)

I am happy you got your checks cashed Yoni123. One step closer for sure!
@ Queenslurker- I think your interview went well, so be positive! you will get CPO soon :)!

R2010:
I wonder what actually this Welcome letter consists of, would you mind sharing? :)

I am happy you got your checks cashed Yoni123. One step closer for sure!
@ Queenslurker- I think your interview went well, so be positive! you will get CPO soon :)!

Well it is a long letter but basically it starts with: welcome to the United States of America
They say the pem. resid. application was approved and it is with great pleasure we welcome you as a perm. resident. They will soon mail the GC and u must carry the GC with u at all times and to read whatever info that comes with your card. The card will expire in 10 years. They also said to check the # above because it is a very important #. The letter ends like “ Once again welcome to the US and congratulations on your permanent resident status”. Of course there is a lot more information on the letter but this is the main topics. (and yes, I memorize the letter ;) The welcome letter comes from NBC- Summit, MO.
Pretty soon you will see the entire contents of this letter Feel! ;) Queenslurker can double check contents in few days too! :)

She actually took the EAD and said I wouldn't be needing it anymore but quickly added that if I wasn't approved someone would call for me to pick up my EAD. The fact that she added the last part scared me. But anywhooo, I can't believe I'm officially no longer an undocumented alien. I've been here since the age of 7 and I finally feel like I belong here. =)

Congrats...
It was obvious since they took your EAD and said you will not be needing it any more....