• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi,

I'm an F-1 Student and hopefully my Case number will be current next month. So I need to get all documents needed for AOS.
Can anyone list the documents needed for AOS (F-1 status)?
thanks

SO happy for you, it's been a very long journey (longest I know from this forum) but you are finally there, congrats and enjoy it.

She actually took the EAD and said I wouldn't be needing it anymore but quickly added that if I wasn't approved someone would call for me to pick up my EAD. The fact that she added the last part scared me. But anywhooo, I can't believe I'm officially no longer an undocumented alien. I've been here since the age of 7 and I finally feel like I belong here. =)

Oh, really? we are just a forum where everyone discusses, we are not here at request. So it is for your own good to read the forum and find the information
P.S. By the way, this information was posted at least few times through the forum.
Good luck

Hi,

I'm an F-1 Student and hopefully my Case number will be current next month. So I need to get all documents needed for AOS.
Can anyone list the documents needed for AOS (F-1 status)?
thanks

Hi All,

Thanks to lloyd.r and feel for helping to answer my questions. I have gathered all the documents and will be sending in my application on May 1st. I will be applying through the New York City. Based on the excel file that was shared in previous discussions that has details on the dates people who have filed their GCs based out of NY city have their applications processed very fast.

Does anyone have an idea about the green card application timeline with the NY city field office- it requires from the time it takes from submitting the application to getting an interview and CPO. Any information on this matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excel file is all we have and based on that you can have rough idea about how long it might take. But remember each case is different and what is true to others might not be true fro you. It is sometimes matter of luck I think. Anyways, when are you going to be current? Please add your signature so that we all know more about your case and better able to assist you. Thanks.

Hi All,

Thanks to lloyd.r and feel for helping to answer my questions. I have gathered all the documents and will be sending in my application on May 1st. I will be applying through the New York City. Based on the excel file that was shared in previous discussions that has details on the dates people who have filed their GCs based out of NY city have their applications processed very fast.

Does anyone have an idea about the green card application timeline with the NY city field office- it requires from the time it takes from submitting the application to getting an interview and CPO. Any information on this matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Excel file is all we have and based on that you can have rough idea about how long it might take. But remember each case is different and what is true to others might not be true fro you. It is sometimes matter of luck I think. Anyways, when are you going to be current? Please add your signature so that we all know more about your case and better able to assist you. Thanks.

My case number is AS20***. the number will be current in may. Thanks in advance.

If this is infopass, seems that it would be waste of time for you...
since you did your bio just a month ago...you should not be worried, the IL should be coming to you in the next month or so.

That's bad. Are you going tomorrow?

I know, infopass is not very effective. But still, I want to take chance. At least, I need to know whether my case is going fine or not.

If this is infopass, seems that it would be waste of time for you...
since you did your bio just a month ago...you should not be worried, the IL should be coming to you in the next month or so.

@baobab: My case is processing in same FO like yours. It has been 65 days after I filed I-485. I have not received IL yet. I am starting to worry. What should I do at this moment? I will be really grateful, if you can provide some suggestions based on your experience in the same FO. Thanks in advance.

Queenslurker, you should be receiving the sms-s if you have subscribed for them and updates in your Account shortly. I don't think that there are many reasons for the GC not to be approved, so I bet that everything will be SUPER FINE & Great! I just read where you wrote that you've been here since 7 year old, I was here less time, but long enough to feel the change when the GC is finally in the hands. You kind of start feeling that you LOVE this Country even more then before, once this Country accepted you and you were issued the GC = official Document that you're the Member of this Country, the Nation and American Community, that every other country in the world is always listening and watching. You start feeling Patriotic about this country and everything that this country has and does. And although there is no Paradise in this world on the Earth, this Country is probably one of the Best places to be, live & work!

And I just wish everyone to receive the Green Card and use it for the Benefit of Yourself and the Benefit of this Country and Nation!

P.S. My recommendation for those going to the Interview is to have: a Job (if you previously got EADs, or at least a Job Offer, all original documents ( Birth Cert, Marriage, Diplomas) and !!! preferably Notarized Translations of these Originals (even if you had initially sent it out in your Application) and be Comfortable and Relaxed and to say THANK YOU when the Officer will tell you that you're all set, because in 99% of the cases this Officer will launch successful processing of your Green Card in the matter of minutes or hours.

She actually took the EAD and said I wouldn't be needing it anymore but quickly added that if I wasn't approved someone would call for me to pick up my EAD. The fact that she added the last part scared me. But anywhooo, I can't believe I'm officially no longer an undocumented alien. I've been here since the age of 7 and I finally feel like I belong here. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
case number-2011AF29***
interview date-15 march 2011
interview result-on A.P [RETURN ON 23 MAY 2011]
P.O.E.-HOPEFUL NEW YORK

THE GOD I TRUST WILL NOT SEE ME TO SHAME!!!

As you are doing CP, i think this forum is not belong to you. And, it does not look good to send only signature without writing anything.

case number-2011AF29***
interview date-15 march 2011
interview result-on A.P [RETURN ON 23 MAY 2011]
P.O.E.-HOPEFUL NEW YORK

THE GOD I TRUST WILL NOT SEE ME TO SHAME!!!