• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

For me, they cashed the check same day as my acceptance letter.
I assume it would be Monday for you...
Don't worry, they will take your money...

I just got the USCIS Acceptance Confirmation email.
But My check has not been cashed yet! When usually they cash the check!?
Thanks

Your case is moving fast. Good luck!

I received the Biometrics letter yesterday. I had an exam on the day of my interview, so I did walk-in today. The officer was nice and when he saw I drove two hours to get there, he let me go in. Good luck guys!

Another minor update:
Today I received the biometrics letter for 2nd week of May.
I guess one more step closer towards the end...

My interview letter says, I must bring interview letter, passport, medical examination report in sealed envelop with vaccination attachment, birth certificate and I-94. It also says to bring I-864 (affidavit of support), if it is a family-based case. Now, I have some questions regarding the documents. I will really appreciate, if anyone answers.

(a) I already submitted medical examination report in sealed envelop. I only have vaccination attachment. So, what should I do about this?
(b) Is DV considered as family-based case? In other words, do I need to prepare I-864? I found some people to submit I-134 to show financial support. But I-134 is not mentioned anywhere in my letter. So, what should I do about it?

Please anyone help.

Hi Yoni 123,
congrats on your Bio letter. So happy to see your case gaining momentum. You may choose to do walk-in biometrics if your field office accepts it, so as to further expedite the process. Best wishes !!!!

From seeing past conversations on this, i think you got the generic interview letter...
that means those points are not applicable to you.
If you know that you already sent them the medical report...The I-864 is for sure not applicable...

My interview letter says, I must bring interview letter, passport, medical examination report in sealed envelop with vaccination attachment, birth certificate and I-94. It also says to bring I-864 (affidavit of support), if it is a family-based case. Now, I have some questions regarding the documents. I will really appreciate, if anyone answers.

(a) I already submitted medical examination report in sealed envelop. I only have vaccination attachment. So, what should I do about this?
(b) Is DV considered as family-based case? In other words, do I need to prepare I-864? I found some people to submit I-134 to show financial support. But I-134 is not mentioned anywhere in my letter. So, what should I do about it?

Please anyone help.

Thanks R2010.
I'm not sure if it is worth to get the bio sooner. It is only two weeks ahead or so.
And also, I don't think the case is delayed till they get the bio. But I'll think about that..
It does seem to be going pretty fast looking at other cases...I mean getting the bio letter 12 days after sending the AOS package...

Hi Yoni 123,
congrats on your Bio letter. So happy to see your case gaining momentum. You may choose to do walk-in biometrics if your field office accepts it, so as to further expedite the process. Best wishes !!!!

Yes, your case is moving pretty fast. Also towards the end of the FY, I think they do expedite the DV cases.

Thanks R2010.
I'm not sure if it is worth to get the bio sooner. It is only two weeks ahead or so.
And also, I don't think the case is delayed till they get the bio. But I'll think about that..
It does seem to be going pretty fast looking at other cases...I mean getting the bio letter 12 days after sending the AOS package...

Thanks Yoni. It also looks generic to me. Are you going to show any financial document, when your turn comes up?

From seeing past conversations on this, i think you got the generic interview letter...
that means those points are not applicable to you.
If you know that you already sent them the medical report...The I-864 is for sure not applicable...

I did not bother to check it 'cos I got NOA 3 days after I got the email/text notification. ... :)
Good luck to you. I think you will get the interview letter for the same month you are current.

Hey Feel,
According to the spreadsheet your check was never cashed? Is that correct???

i see.
It is possible but June is only 6 weeks from today...
I wouldn't mind getting the interview for July...

I did not bother to check it 'cos I got NOA 3 days after I got the email/text notification. ... :)
Good luck to you. I think you will get the interview letter for the same month you are current.