• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

WOW so many good news for the month of March!! CONGRATS to all !!!I hope we can keep up with the good news rate for the month of April too ;)!

congratulations!!!

Hi Everyone,

We had our interview today. As I mentioned earlier, our first interview date was at the end of January. But it was cancelled because USCIS did not receive our files from KCC at that time. Then they re-scheduled our interviews for today.

We went to USCIS office one hour earlier. It was pretty crowded when we were there. After one hour later, we were the only family over there and we were still waiting. We waited there almost one and a half hours. Then the officer called us. He was a very nice person. We went to his office and took an oath. I had sent all documents (diploma copies, transcripts, employment verification letter, copy of I-20, copy of passports, visas, I-94s, marriage certificate etc.) to Chicago. I think because of this reason, the officer only asked our pictured IDs. Then he asked yes/no questions and took our I-94s and cancelled our visas. After that he approved our cases over there. He said that we would get our GCs in 10 days. After one hour later, I got SMSs about our cases. When I checked our cases on the internet, I saw they were at CPO.

Like everybody says, we could not get through this process without help of this forum. We really appreciate all of you and your valuable comments. This forum made this process much easier and cheaper (without paying to lawyers).

We hope everybody can get his/her GC soon.

I called USCIS just an hour ago. They told me, our interview is not scheduled yet. But our case is fine so far. They told me to wait for 30 days after biometric and notify them, if I still don't receive IL.

Let us know how it goes. No, I have not received my IL yet.

I have a question about form I-864(Affidavit of support)????
As an F1 Visa holder doing an AOS based on DV2011 do I need I-864 ? From what i was reading on the USCIS website I understood that this form is only required from employment and family based AOS.

I greatly appreciated your help guys.

I have a high Case number AS38xxx and i am going to do AOS , I know that my chances are very slim but I and my wife will take the risk.

CN: 2011AS00038xxx
05/06/10: 1st NL
06/05/10: DSP-122 to KCC
06/18/10: fee paid $750(375X2)
07/04/10:2NL
07/20/10: fee paid $130(65X2)
03/25/11: medical done
current maybe in August or Sept

Form I-134 might be asked during your interview. It all depends on IO. One suggestion for you: why don't you go to your home country and do consular processing? I would highly recommend you to go for CP rather than taking risk for AOS. F-1 status is non-immigrant intent and if your GC get denied for some reason, it is likely that you would not be able to extend your F-1. But again, it's your call. Guys please chime in....

I have a question about form I-864(Affidavit of support)????
As an F1 Visa holder doing an AOS based on DV2011 do I need I-864 ? From what i was reading on the USCIS website I understood that this form is only required from employment and family based AOS.

I greatly appreciated your help guys.

I have a high Case number AS38xxx and i am going to do AOS , I know that my chances are very slim but I and my wife will take the risk.

CN: 2011AS00038xxx
05/06/10: 1st NL
06/05/10: DSP-122 to KCC
06/18/10: fee paid $750(375X2)
07/04/10:2NL
07/20/10: fee paid $130(65X2)
03/25/11: medical done
current maybe in August or Sept

Last edited by a moderator:
zahidal, natta, R2010, sharminlee, and joseph230, thank you and I hope you will have great interviews as well (I know zahidal and natta had good ones already).

hilalff, I agree with feel. If your number becomes current in August or later, you will have a high possibility that you cannot finish the whole process.
If you do not have any problems to go back to your country, I would NOT take this risk and choose CP. You were selected and I would NOT waste this great chance.

Form I-134 might be asked during your interview. It all depends on IO. One suggestion for you: why don't you go to your home country and do consular processing? I would highly recommend you to go for CP rather than taking risk for AOS. F-1 status is non-immigrant intent and if your GC get denied for some reason, it is likely that you would not be able to extend your F-1. But again, it's your call. Guys please chime in....

Hi everyone,

my number became current in March. I submitted the standard I-485 package which included all the fees and both notification letters. However I've just found in my mailbox the package returned back to me. The Notice of Action is attached and it states under the notice type: "Rejection Notice".
Any knowledgeable person could you please help me to understand the reason. I'm on F-1 status and my wife is on F-2 and filed together with me. Our I-797C are identical.

I fail to understand why our applications have been rejected.

The body message on I-979C form reads as following:

Your I-485, fees, and any supporting documentation is being returned to you for the following reason(s):

Based on the information you provided, your priority date could not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation to the address listed at the bottom of this notice.

The following documents may be provided:
Your original Form I-130; or
Your original Form I-360; or
A copy of you form I-797, if the petition has already been filled/approved; or
Other evidence that an immigration visa petition has been filed approved on your behalf.

I assume 1st NL should serve as an evidence to establish priority date. What am I missing?

thanks a lot!

What documents did you include in your package?

Hi everyone,

my number became current in March. I submitted the standard I-485 package which included all the fees and both notification letters. However I've just found in my mailbox the package returned back to me. The Notice of Action is attached and it states under the notice type: "Rejection Notice".
Any knowledgeable person could you please help me to understand the reason. I'm on F-1 status and my wife is on F-2 and filed together with me. Our I-797C are identical.

Your I-485, fees, and any supporting documentation is being returned to you for the following reason(s):

Based on the information you provided, your priority date could not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation to the address listed at the bottom of this notice.

Other evidence that an immigration visa petition has been filed approved on your behalf.

I assume 1st NL should serve as an evidence to establish priority date. What am I missing?

thanks a lot!

I've included:
1) Forms I-485
2) Two checks for $1070
3) Photos
4) Form G-325A
5) Forms I-693
6) Forms I-765 with photos
7) 1st and 2nd NL
8) Receipt for DV Processing Fee from DoS
9) Copy of passport pages
10) Copy of I-94 (both sides)
11) Copy of Birth certificate
12) Copy of Marriage Certificate
13) Copies of all the degrees (including high school diploma)
14) Copy of current form I-20

They returned every item...

You're obviously current in March (EU19000), so they did not reject it base on too early filing....
I think i know why....
What did you select on I485 / Page 1 / Part 2... I think you selected (a) for yourself (primary)....
That is wrong!
You should have selected (h) with "DV 2011 selectee" for yourself, and (b) for wife.
Let us know if that is the issue.

However, you got your money back...and i bet you can fix it, and mail it in tomorrow. so no sweat!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

thanks a lot!

Congrats!

Hi Everyone,

We had our interview today. As I mentioned earlier, our first interview date was at the end of January. But it was cancelled because USCIS did not receive our files from KCC at that time. Then they re-scheduled our interviews for today.

Hey guys. I just found this forum!
My case is current now for the month of May and my Case number is AS00023xxx. I sent my AOS package to Chicago lockbox with USPS priority mail on March 11th and they USPS website show the delivery on March 13. My check have not yet been cashed after 3 weeks and I haven't received any notice (text/email) so far. What should I do? I am worried! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I have selected (h) for both of us. And I wrote "DV 2011 selectee" for myself and "spouse DV 2011 selectee" for my wife. I doubted between (b) and (h) for my wife, but then I found example on this forum who did (h) for both applicants, so I went with (h). You still might be right but I suspect they would reject only one of the applications in this case. Thanks a lot for your thoughts. It really helps. I'll call them tomorrow morning, don't know what to expect...

DV_E,
I hope you can fix your AOS application very soon and submit it again. Can you please tell me know what is USCIS telephone number?

Hi dv_e,
As Yoni123 said, you cannot select "h" for both of you.
You must select "h" with "DV 2011 selectee" for the primary applicant (winner).
And "b" for the dependent(s).
I do not know where you saw but this issue was discussed in this forum several times as "h" for winners and "b" for dependents.

I have selected (h) for both of us. And I wrote "DV 2011 selectee" for myself and "spouse DV 2011 selectee" for my wife. I doubted between (b) and (h) for my wife, but then I found example on this forum who did (h) for both applicants, so I went with (h). You still might be right but I suspect they would reject only one of the applications in this case. Thanks a lot for your thoughts. It really helps. I'll call them tomorrow morning, don't know what to expect...

Hi Enfl,

March 13 is Sunday and as far as I know USPS does not work Sundays.
If I were you, I would talk to USPS for this issue.

My case is current now for the month of May and my Case number is AS00023xxx. I sent my AOS package to Chicago lockbox with USPS priority mail on March 11th and they USPS website show the delivery on March 13. My check have not yet been cashed after 3 weeks and I haven't received any notice (text/email) so far. What should I do? I am worried! :(

Great idea! But the USPS website shows the delivery of the package on Sunday:

"Your item was delivered at 8:15 pm on March 13, 2011 in CHICAGO, IL 60680. "

I am sending an email to USPS right now!

Hi Enfl,

March 13 is Sunday and as far as I know USPS does not work Sundays.
If I were you, I would talk to USPS for this issue.

Just wait...
If you follow the spreadsheet, you would see that it takes up to 3-4 weeks till the cash the checks...just keep checking...