• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

I didn't see anything negative with willowher...so i wonder....what happened
Please lution, willowher and edward1me1 to the benefit of others and also yours (hopefully), please share (the rather bad news). It might help the others here and maybe enable someone here to actually provide you with a fix/solution to your issues.

I was really shocked to see the spreadsheet this afternoon.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tNhB2CVZoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0
There are 4 rejections !!!!. I wonder what happened to lution, willowher and edward1me1 cases. Sorry.

I just got back from the interview and was requested to provide more evidence before the end of the day.

Basically they want my past I-20s + I797 from my H1B application. I think I have copies of those that I can get my hands on easily but it could take longer to get the originals.

Do you think they will take just the copies?

Did not you submitted it along with your application that you sent to lockbox? Try to get hold of originals if you can. It is not worth taking risk at this moment.

I just got back from the interview and was requested to provide more evidence before the end of the day.

Basically they want my past I-20s + I797 from my H1B application. I think I have copies of those that I can get my hands on easily but it could take longer to get the originals.

Do you think they will take just the copies?

Old I20s and 797? No I did not submit them, there was no mention of the need for such documents (IIRC).

OK. What is your current status? Good luck and try to find the originals. IMO if you cant find the original go with the copy of I-797 and they should be able to verify your I 797 by the receipt #.

Old I20s and 797? No I did not submit them, there was no mention of the need for such documents (IIRC).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I just found printed copies which is already a relief. I'm going to try to find the originals and will report back here afterwards...

Found originals, brought originals and copies.

The officer (as serious and cold as always) told me I was accepted :)

Interview Experience

Today I have my interview at 10 am. I reached there at 9:55 and before finding a seat we got called by an lady officer. She was nice, gentle and very friendly person. Then in her room after taking the oath she started asking questions. She asked only for my photo id (we provide driving licenses) and our passports with all the i94. Then she was confirming out all basic information (name, dob, address etc) and then all the yest no. Then she started talking about where do I work, what kind of work and she asked my wife about her plan after getting GC. That time she took out the i94s from my passport (I was feeling excited). Then she was asking about my baby etc. At then end she took out the i94s from my wife's passport as well and told us things look good. But she needs some name-check clearance :(. I asked her if it is FBI name check but she replied she got the FBI clearance already. Now I am not sure what kind of name-check clearance she is still waiting. But she told me that if everything is okay then she is gonna approve it by next 45 minutes. But still now I haven't receive any message :(

Praying for the best.

Thanks

You will be fine. I hope you will get CPO this afternoon or tomorrow. Good luck!

Interview Experience

Today I have my interview at 10 am. I reached there at 9:55 and before finding a seat we got called by an lady officer. She was nice, gentle and very friendly person. Then in her room after taking the oath she started asking questions. She asked only for my photo id (we provide driving licenses) and our passports with all the i94. Then she was confirming out all basic information (name, dob, address etc) and then all the yest no. Then she started talking about where do I work, what kind of work and she asked my wife about her plan after getting GC. That time she took out the i94s from my passport (I was feeling excited). Then she was asking about my baby etc. At then end she took out the i94s from my wife's passport as well and told us things look good. But she needs some name-check clearance :(. I asked her if it is FBI name check but she replied she got the FBI clearance already. Now I am not sure what kind of name-check clearance she is still waiting. But she told me that if everything is okay then she is gonna approve it by next 45 minutes. But still now I haven't receive any message :(

Praying for the best.

Thanks

I just want to share for other people who are going to go through this that I was asked evidence that is not obviously stated on the forms:

- high school diploma + copy of higher education diploma AND employment evidence (whereas the appointment letter says OR)
- past I20s (2) and I797s (4)
- tax return for 2011 (I didn't have it as I haven't filed my taxes yet but that didn't seem to be a problem, she seemed to be happy with 3 pay stubs that I gave though)
- past (expired) EAD card (which fortunately I had kept and had on me today)

I thought I had more evidence than needed and my file was properly prepared. I was wrong. So if you're about to interview, go through your list again and include what I listed above

Sob,

Can imagine what you've been through today but hope that's the last worry for you. :)

Good luck.

Sob,

Thank you for sharing this. This is really really important for everybody. It's better to be overprepared than underprepared.

When I saw my interview letter I was amazed since it was clearly for the family-based AOS (i.e. there's a form I-864).

My interview in a month but I've been thinking about this for a couple of days and have decided to bring everything I have pertaining to my US history and all of my documents. It would be a huge bag but... you never know what they may ask for.

However, I'm not going to bring I-864 as there's no way I can find a sponsor and it's not applicable to my case anyway. Tax Returns and paystubs should be enough for this.
I just want to share for other people who are going to go through this that I was asked evidence that is not obviously stated on the forms:

- high school diploma + copy of higher education diploma AND employment evidence (whereas the appointment letter says OR)
- past I20s (2) and I797s (4)
- tax return for 2011 (I didn't have it as I haven't filed my taxes yet but that didn't seem to be a problem, she seemed to be happy with 3 pay stubs that I gave though)
- past (expired) EAD card (which fortunately I had kept and had on me today)

I thought I had more evidence than needed and my file was properly prepared. I was wrong. So if you're about to interview, go through your list again and include what I listed above

You will be fine. I hope you will get CPO this afternoon or tomorrow. Good luck!

All of a sudden I can see my status online now (this is for the first time) and the status is Card/ Document Production

Thank you guys & gals. You all made this so simple and successful for me.

Keep you posted ...

Congrats, I felt your excitement through your sentences :). Wish you best.
All of a sudden I can see my status online now (this is for the first time) and the status is Card/ Document Production

Keep you posted ...

Congrats zahidal.

Keep you posted ...

congrats, that is really a very emotional moment, wait when you see the card in your hand :)

Keep you posted ...