• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Congratulation!!! I am really happy for you.

All of a sudden I can see my status online now (this is for the first time) and the status is Card/ Document Production

Thank you guys & gals. You all made this so simple and successful for me.

Keep you posted ...

Were you able to see your case status online before? I am not also able to see my case status online. That's why feeling worried.

All of a sudden I can see my status online now (this is for the first time) and the status is Card/ Document Production

Keep you posted ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Keep you posted ...
congrats zahidal... wish you the best with ur green card ..

sharminlee,

I couldn't see my case status online at all before the interview either. I called USCIS (the main phone number I found on their web page) before, and someone told me that they have technical problems, but she was able to tell me if the interview date was scheduled or not (which it wasn't scheduled yet at that time). Then, after the interview, suddenly I was able to see my case online like zahidal. I think there's no need for you to worry, but you can make sure by calling them as well:)

Were you able to see your case status online before? I am not also able to see my case status online. That's why feeling worried.

Sob,

Thank you for sharing this. This is really really important for everybody. It's better to be overprepared than underprepared.

When I saw my interview letter I was amazed since it was clearly for the family-based AOS (i.e. there's a form I-864).

My interview in a month but I've been thinking about this for a couple of days and have decided to bring everything I have pertaining to my US history and all of my documents. It would be a huge bag but... you never know what they may ask for.

However, I'm not going to bring I-864 as there's no way I can find a sponsor and it's not applicable to my case anyway. Tax Returns and paystubs should be enough for this.

I certainly did not expect to be asked for old I20s and I797s and expired EADs... I ended up bringing the 200 pages folder the company lawyer gave me for the H1B application. She asked if I had two passports. So I assume that if I had said yes, having brought just one would not have been sufficient too.

The bottom line is BRING EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT

Hi, thanks a lot for the information. I also called USCIS about this issue. They told me the same thing like, technical problems bla bla bla. It will be great if I am able to know whether my interview is scheduled or not. I am sometimes worried about letter because I had bad experience of missing letter. And, it was my NL1, which I never received.

sharminlee,

I couldn't see my case status online at all before the interview either. I called USCIS (the main phone number I found on their web page) before, and someone told me that they have technical problems, but she was able to tell me if the interview date was scheduled or not (which it wasn't scheduled yet at that time). Then, after the interview, suddenly I was able to see my case online like zahidal. I think there's no need for you to worry, but you can make sure by calling them as well:)

Did you call USCIS Customer Care to make sure whether or not your interview has been scheduled? Just give them a call and try your luck. Also, you may make an infopass to make sure. Good luck!

Hi, thanks a lot for the information. I also called USCIS about this issue. They told me the same thing like, technical problems bla bla bla. It will be great if I am able to know whether my interview is scheduled or not. I am sometimes worried about letter because I had bad experience of missing letter. And, it was my NL1, which I never received.

FYI my case didn't show in the results until to day (first time I see it... stage = Card Production)

To those that had a question on the AOS payment receipt, i just got mine back and it looks totally not professional or official.
Just small 1/4" size stamp that says PAID and the date....

Hi Yoni123,

Ours is the same. Don't worry. You need to send the copy of it to Chicago.

To those that had a question on the AOS payment receipt, i just got mine back and it looks totally not professional or official.
Just small 1/4" size stamp that says PAID and the date....

Thanks. Probably, I will call tomorrow.

Are you already scheduled for interview?

Did you call USCIS Customer Care to make sure whether or not your interview has been scheduled? Just give them a call and try your luck. Also, you may make an infopass to make sure. Good luck!

Hi Everyone,

We had our interview today. As I mentioned earlier, our first interview date was at the end of January. But it was cancelled because USCIS did not receive our files from KCC at that time. Then they re-scheduled our interviews for today.

We went to USCIS office one hour earlier. It was pretty crowded when we were there. After one hour later, we were the only family over there and we were still waiting. We waited there almost one and a half hours. Then the officer called us. He was a very nice person. We went to his office and took an oath. I had sent all documents (diploma copies, transcripts, employment verification letter, copy of I-20, copy of passports, visas, I-94s, marriage certificate etc.) to Chicago. I think because of this reason, the officer only asked our picture IDs. Then he asked yes/no questions and took our I-94s and cancelled our visas. After that he approved our cases over there. He said that we would get our GCs in 10 days. After one hour later, I got SMSs about our cases. When I checked our cases on the internet, I saw they were at CPO.

Like everybody says, we could not get through this process without help of this forum. We really appreciate all of you and your valuable comments. This forum made this process much easier and cheaper (without paying to lawyers).

We hope everybody can get his/her GC soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats mista, it took a while to reschedule everything, but in the end the outcome matters, so congratulations.

Hi Everyone,

We had our interview today. As I mentioned earlier, our first interview date was at the end of January. But it was cancelled because USCIS did not receive our files from KCC at that time. Then they re-scheduled our interviews for today.

We went to USCIS office one hour earlier. It was pretty crowded when we were there. After one hour later, we were the only family over there and we were still waiting. We waited there almost one and a half hours. Then the officer called us. He was a very nice person. We went to his office and took an oath. I had sent all documents (diploma copies, transcripts, employment verification letter, copy of I-20, copy of passports, visas, I-94s, marriage certificate etc.) to Chicago. I think because of this reason, the officer only asked our pictured IDs. Then he asked yes/no questions and took our I-94s and cancelled our visas. After that he approved our cases over there. He said that we would get our GCs in 10 days. After one hour later, I got SMSs about our cases. When I checked our cases on the internet, I saw they were at CPO.

Like everybody says, we could not get through this process without help of this forum. We really appreciate all of you and your valuable comments. This forum made this process much easier and cheaper (without paying to lawyers).

We hope everybody can get his/her GC soon.