• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

If you're the winner, so (h) is correct for you. But I assume that even both of you have applied...only you won right?
So, your wife can't be(h). she can only be (b).
Since your wife's case is a derivative for you, they might have rejected the whole thing even though they could have accepted yours and reject hers...They did you a favor, maybe if they had accepted yours and rejected the wife's then you might have not been able to accept the corrected app for your wife. Maybe the derivative case should be filed at the same time to be valid....

In any case, maybe you can scan the rejection form completely and publish here. (of course delete any specific names and numbers)
Maybe we can find out more.
But looks like you can resubmit with the correct selections.
I have selected (h) for both of us. And I wrote "DV 2011 selectee" for myself and "spouse DV 2011 selectee" for my wife. I doubted between (b) and (h) for my wife, but then I found example on this forum who did (h) for both applicants, so I went with (h). You still might be right but I suspect they would reject only one of the applications in this case. Thanks a lot for your thoughts. It really helps. I'll call them tomorrow morning, don't know what to expect...

Hy DV_E,
Could you please let me know what is their telephone number?

I have selected (h) for both of us. And I wrote "DV 2011 selectee" for myself and "spouse DV 2011 selectee" for my wife. I doubted between (b) and (h) for my wife, but then I found example on this forum who did (h) for both applicants, so I went with (h). You still might be right but I suspect they would reject only one of the applications in this case. Thanks a lot for your thoughts. It really helps. I'll call them tomorrow morning, don't know what to expect...

@ dv_e

The package was rejected for a faulty claim of eligibility on your spouse application. They had to reject the entire package because the standard operation procedure required them to process application submitted as a family pack together. Thus, a rejection for one person in the package means rejection of the entire package. Just correct your spouse I-485 and change the dates on both, then resubmit the whole package and all will be alright.

Thanks Yoni123, loula and mista. You probably are right. It is very frustrating that I found out the consequences of this error only after 4 weeks of waiting for the NoA. The most frustration comes from the fact that I consulted 2 different lawyers about (b) or (h) options and they come up 2 with different answers. My own google search showed that 20% of the successful applicants filled (a)-(b), the other 40% vs 40% were (h)-(b) vs (h)-(h). In any case I did an error in my homework, hopefully I am not that far behind the schedule.

thanks a lot to everyone!

My analysis shows that if the package is sent right after the visa bulletin is out then there's a delay with the acceptance. i guess the explanation is simple - too many people send their applications in the same time and it takes days/weeks to work on this backlog until the next VB is out.

Again this is just my guess and my analysis is based on the data from this forum only. Take a look at the spreadsheet (there's a link on this page) and review it.
Here's another web-site with the graphical view of the spreadsheet( great job BTW!):
https://sites.google.com/site/dvaos2011information/home

Hey guys. I just found this forum!
My case is current now for the month of May and my Case number is AS00023xxx. I sent my AOS package to Chicago lockbox with USPS priority mail on March 11th and they USPS website show the delivery on March 13. My check have not yet been cashed after 3 weeks and I haven't received any notice (text/email) so far. What should I do? I am worried! :(

dv_e,

I had the same question and posted it in this forum, got an answer in about 10 minutes. Later on reviewing instructions for 485 I found the explanation there...

I'm pretty sure that if you resubmit the forms you will get an acceptance.

Thanks Yoni123, loula and mista. You probably are right. It is very frustrating that I found out the consequences of this error only after 4 weeks of waiting for the NoA. The most frustration comes from the fact that I consulted 2 different lawyers about (b) or (h) options and they come up 2 with different answers. My own google search showed that 20% of the successful applicants filled (a)-(b), the other 40% vs 40% were (h)-(b) vs (h)-(h). In any case I did an error in my homework, hopefully I am not that far behind the schedule.

Hey Guys,
we have arrived in Huston by our H1B visa, I know following option discussed here several time but could you share your idea?
My lawyer firmly confirm that we can send our i485 and other documents 75-90 days before it becomes current. she refereed to USCIS MOM that said, DV lottery can apply 75 days as soon as they see their number is current in visa bulletin, I told her that this MOM is old, and she said even it is old but there is no new law to cancel it. So it is plan to send our package early. what do you think guys?

thanks

Smart...and make a lot of sense.
But since DV is a very small percentage of the USCIS workload, i assume the priority dates on FB and EB categories are the culprit though they are not changing like DV is..
Also in recent months there was a lot of retrogression (priority dates moving backwards)...
Still seems that Fast Come First Serve makes sense.

My analysis shows that if the package is sent right after the visa bulletin is out then there's a delay with the acceptance. i guess the explanation is simple - too many people send their applications in the same time and it takes days/weeks to work on this backlog until the next VB is out.

Again this is just my guess and my analysis is based on the data from this forum only. Take a look at the spreadsheet (there's a link on this page) and review it.
Here's another web-site with the graphical view of the spreadsheet( great job BTW!):
https://sites.google.com/site/dvaos2011information/home

Thnaks! I just called them at this number and they told me I have to wait for 30 days and call them again. It's now 19 days since they received the AOS package. It's a pain!

I totally understand you. I hope, you'll find a good news in your mailbox in just a few days. There were several cases when people get their NoA in 28-29 days.

You still need to see AS35XXX in the advanced notification...
You might see it in couple of months, or jump straight to CURRENT sometime in August or September.
Don't send your package before you see your number in the advanced.....

Hey Guys,
we have arrived in Huston by our H1B visa, I know following option discussed here several time but could you share your idea?
My lawyer firmly confirm that we can send our i485 and other documents 75-90 days before it becomes current. she refereed to USCIS MOM that said, DV lottery can apply 75 days as soon as they see their number is current in visa bulletin, I told her that this MOM is old, and she said even it is old but there is no new law to cancel it. So it is plan to send our package early. what do you think guys?

thanks

Come on. I waited 21 days and got the acceptance text/email. Have patience and I am sure you will get it by the end of 30 days at most.

Thnaks! I just called them at this number and they told me I have to wait for 30 days and call them again. It's now 19 days since they received the AOS package. It's a pain!

Well, had you read the forum from page 1 and/or posted this issue BEFORE you mailed in you package, you would have been confirmed that you need (h), and (b).
But...really don't worry at all, you're in great position, you have plenty of time, and you even got your money back...only lost some postage money...
Good luck.

Wait until you see your number in the advanced notification of the VB.

Hey Guys,

thanks

Time for Sending the package to USCIS

Hey All,

I infopassed twice and the person I talked to said that I MUST mail my package not sooner than May first, since my number will be current for May.

Now I am seeing on the forum that people say we can mail it when we see our number in Advanced Notification or even earlier.

Would you please help me out here since I don't know if I must wait or I can send it out sooner?

Thanks,

Hey All,

I infopassed twice and the person I talked to said that I MUST mail my package not sooner than May first, since my number will be current for May.

Now I am seeing on the forum that people say we can mail it when we see our number in Advanced Notification or even earlier.

Would you please help me out here since I don't know if I must wait or I can send it out sooner?

Thanks,

Please read the forum from page 1. This has been discussed so many times. Almost every body in this forum did that. So don't worry you can send the package as soon as you see your number in the advance notification section of visa bulletin.

Thanks

The USCIS officer told you the correct official answer.
I'll give you another example: Say you drive on a road with 65 MPH speed limit. If you ask a police officer, they would tell you you can drive UP to 65 MPH provided it is safe to drive at that speed, and whatever...
In actual life, you could drive as fast as 70 MPH and maybe more, and not get a ticket...
So if you want to get to your destination faster, i guess you can drive faster and not get in trouble....
Same thing on the Cut of numbers. By law you'll become current in May...but you can take a chance and mail sooner.

Hey All,

Thanks,