• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Guys, does anybody know how long the medical docs are valid?
I got my first KCC letter in May 2010, did my medicals in June 2010, but the turn for my country is coming just this April (2011), so do I have to redo my medicals?

Please add your signature to your and the forum's benefit.
The medical is good for 1 year.

Guys, does anybody know how long the medical docs are valid?
I got my first KCC letter in May 2010, did my medicals in June 2010, but the turn for my country is coming just this April (2011), so do I have to redo my medicals?

If you look at the signature better you would realize what I mean. My husband was on J1 , I was on F1, and by that I meant that my husband (J1) got the Advance Parole (AP). I hope its more clear now.

Hi Natta, what do you mean by J1 AP approved?

Thanks

Question regarding Sonsor

Hey All,
my number is going to be announced in May.
Currently I am student in USA, F1 Visa. I am currently a Teaching Assistant(TA) and getting payments from my university (I have SSN and have filed Tax for 2009 and 2010).

I was wondering if there is a need for me to have sponsor or not? Since I do not have any relative in USA and I am not allowed to work except in my university, what can I do if I need a sponsor. If I do not need one, should I prepare some documents showing that I am working as a TA ? if yes, what kind of documents?

Thank you in advance

Thank you Yoni123.

Most likely, NBC will catch that...they might reject it before they cash your check which is good thing...
However, there was a case of one with case number of 3x,000 i think, that sent his package probably 7-10 months too early, and still got into the system by getting his bio and work permits i think approved. But then he got a rejection, probably by FO, once his file was about to get interview appointment...

Sorry, but I am not still clear. As I am on j1 as well, I want to make sure not to miss anything.

If you look at the signature better you would realize what I mean. My husband was on J1 , I was on F1, and by that I meant that my husband (J1) got the Advance Parole (AP). I hope its more clear now.

Hi joseph230,

You do not need a sponsor. But you need to get an "employment verification letter" from your department (just a generic one not a specific one such as how long you have been working there and your payment info etc.).
I hope this helps.

Hey All,
my number is going to be announced in May.
Currently I am student in USA, F1 Visa. I am currently a Teaching Assistant(TA) and getting payments from my university (I have SSN and have filed Tax for 2009 and 2010).

I was wondering if there is a need for me to have sponsor or not? Since I do not have any relative in USA and I am not allowed to work except in my university, what can I do if I need a sponsor. If I do not need one, should I prepare some documents showing that I am working as a TA ? if yes, what kind of documents?

Thank you in advance

Thank you mista for reply.
Just to double check before requesting the letter, should the letter tell anything about my future status in regard to the university or not? As you might know these kind of contacts get renewed at the end of academic year and they will not foretell anything in writing right now:(.

Also when you say genetic, would you please let me know of a sample if you are aware of one? Thank you again

DOS fee for Adjust Of Status

Hey All,
Is the DOS fee 440 or 305 for adjusment of status ??

In the page for "Fees for Visa Services"
under :
Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fees
it says :
Other immigrant visa applications (including Diversity Visa applicants, = 305
and under:
Other fees
It says:
Diversity Visa Lottery fee (per person applying as a DV lottery selectee for a DV category immigrant visa)= 440

I'm confused about these 2.
I appreciate you're help in advance.

$440 for AOS.

the other fee is when you do a CP.

Hey All,
Is the DOS fee 440 or 305 for adjusment of status ??

In the page for "Fees for Visa Services"
under :
Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fees
it says :
Other immigrant visa applications (including Diversity Visa applicants, = 305
and under:
Other fees
It says:
Diversity Visa Lottery fee (per person applying as a DV lottery selectee for a DV category immigrant visa)= 440

I'm confused about these 2.
I appreciate you're help in advance.

Hi joseph230

Mine is like this.

[Date]

To Whom it may concern;

This is to verify that [your name and last name], [school number] is a graduate student in the Department of Computer Science at [university name] University. He is currently working on a PhD degree and working for the department as a Graduate Assistant.

His financial support from our department for the time period January 1, 2011, through May 31, 2011 will be as follows:
- $xxxxx for graduate assistantship Spring semester 2011.
- $xxxxx for an out-of-state tuition award for Spring Semester 2011.

If you have any questions, please contact [Person who signs] at [phone number].

Sincerely.

[Person who signs]

Thank you mista for reply.
Just to double check before requesting the letter, should the letter tell anything about my future status in regard to the university or not? As you might know these kind of contacts get renewed at the end of academic year and they will not foretell anything in writing right now:(.

Also when you say genetic, would you please let me know of a sample if you are aware of one? Thank you again

Guys, I was wondering if USCIS Customer Service Representative would be able to tell if our file has been forwarded to the local FO from the NBC. Does anyone know about this?

Guys, I was wondering if USCIS Customer Service Representative would be able to tell if our file has been forwarded to the local FO from the NBC. Does anyone know about this?

Yes they will be able to tell that. In my case I called them to know the status as I don't see my case online. Then the first representative transferred my call to her boss. Her boss was able to tell that the my file was requested by local FO on 03/10/2011.

Thanks

Did you get your interview letter from the NBC or the local FO in NJ? Good luck.

Yes they will be able to tell that. In my case I called them to know the status as I don't see my case online. Then the first representative transferred my call to her boss. Her boss was able to tell that the my file was requested by local FO on 03/10/2011.

Thanks

good luck on the interview tommorow, come with good news.

Thanks