• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

$440 is your diversity visa fee. It should be paid before you send your AOS package to Chicago. After paying your $440, you will receive a receipt after few days. Then, you need to send your AOS package to Chicago Lockbox. You need to send an AOS fee $1070 with the package and the copy of receipt of $440 DV fee. Many people say that it is not necessary to include the receipt of $440 with AOS package. But I waited for the receipt of $440 before I sent AOS package to be on the safe side.

Thank you! I did, but I wasn't sure if this is for the $440 fee or for the $1070 fee when I'm sending my final package. So, this is for the $440 then?

$440 is your diversity visa fee. It should be paid before you send your AOS package to Chicago. After paying your $440, you will receive a receipt after few days. Then, you need to send your AOS package to Chicago Lockbox. You need to send an AOS fee $1070 with the package and the copy of receipt of $440 DV fee. Many people say that it is not necessary to include the receipt of $440 with AOS package. But I waited for the receipt of $440 before I sent AOS package to be on the safe side.

Thanks, sharminlee! What I am concerned about it is what form exactly I should fill in and enclose to send with my check for $440! :)

I think you will get it soon. If you do not get it by the end of this week, why dont you make an infopass and know about it (hopefully)?

Dimus told me, s/he got interview letter through e-mail. Probably thats the reason for getting letter from NBC.

I am worried, when my turn will come. My file is already in my FO.

Actually, it was not exactly an interview letter by e-mail. It was simply an e-mail with a status update from the USCIS web-site where you can sign up for My status. Mail came two days later...
Dimus told me, s/he got interview letter through e-mail. Probably thats the reason for getting letter from NBC.

Sharminlee, you should not worry, it's been only 4 days since your bio. If I was you I would take some steps only after a month of waiting. I know it's really hard to be patient and wait for the interview letter especially knowing there's no a simple way to check when it may come. Still, I believe you should receive it in a matter of days or max. couple of weeks.

Hi everybody,
FO or NBC, which one determines that an application is too early and then subject to rejection?

Thanks

yeah, send a postal money order. It will cost you about $1.25 i think.
Bank checks can cost $8 or more.
Since you will most likely visit the post office, just get the money order from them...and save money.

You can not send a personal check. It should be cashier's check or money order. Sometimes, money order is cheaper than cashier's check.

Most likely, NBC will catch that...they might reject it before they cash your check which is good thing...
However, there was a case of one with case number of 3x,000 i think, that sent his package probably 7-10 months too early, and still got into the system by getting his bio and work permits i think approved. But then he got a rejection, probably by FO, once his file was about to get interview appointment...

Hi everybody,
FO or NBC, which one determines that an application is too early and then subject to rejection?

Thanks

Congrats Enviro and Reptile. Enjoy being green!

I received my EAD/Advance Parole card this saturday, 3/26. Awaiting the interview.

Yes, I will wait for a week or two. Then I will make infopass. I am actually worried because I had bad experience of missing letter. I never got my NL1. I got my first official letter from KCC in January. But everyone got during May/June of last year.

I think you will get it soon. If you do not get it by the end of this week, why dont you make an infopass and know about it (hopefully)?

I also think NBC schedules everything. FO just do the executions. But its just my prediction.

It's not a big city like NY or LA. Will share more info once it's over. Sorry.

I still think that NBC schedules all initial interviews but I'm not an expert.

May be it is too early to be worried. But I had bad experience of missing letter. I never got my NL1, which delayed my processing.

Sharminlee, you should not worry, it's been only 4 days since your bio. If I was you I would take some steps only after a month of waiting. I know it's really hard to be patient and wait for the interview letter especially knowing there's no a simple way to check when it may come. Still, I believe you should receive it in a matter of days or max. couple of weeks.

So, you did not include your 1Nl with your AOS packet or did you get it by e-mail from the KCC?

I think you should receive your IL very soon..maybe this week....Good luck

May be it is too early to be worried. But I had bad experience of missing letter. I never got my NL1, which delayed my processing.

I could to include my NL1 with my AOS package, because I never got it. When I notified KCC about it, they told me to send DSP-122 and photographs. I did so and got my NL2 after a long time. Then, I came to know my case number. That's the reason why I sent my AOS package in FEB, even though I was current in DEC.

Thanks for your encouragement. I hope, you will also get your IL very soon.

So, you did not include your 1Nl with your AOS packet or did you get it by e-mail from the KCC?

I think you should receive your IL very soon..maybe this week....Good luck