• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi guys, I just finding out about this forum a few days ago. I wish had known about it earlier because I have many questions to ask. Anyways my situation is that I a F-1 Student currently doing Masters. I completed the biometrics and waiting to go for interview. My question is will one be denied for having previously worked unauthorized. I made sure to submit complete information about employment in the U.S application. I asking becoz I heard some people approved even though they had worked unauthorized. Please tell me what action I can take before I get interviewed as I told this forum best place to get honest answer.

It is about my time to send the $440 AOS fee.
Did you guys send money order or personal check. I like the personal check as we can track the date they cash it...but not sure if it is accepted.
Also, for the return postage paid envelope...did you guys just put a standard envelope with $.44 cents stamp? or maybe priority mail stamped USPS envelope?
Thanks....

btw: since they increased the fee from $375....couldn't they afford to mail the payment receipt with their own postage...I mean come on...

The State Department advises DV selectees to send postal money order or bank cashier's check as you can read here.

I used a standard white envelope for my returned self-addressed stamped envelope with a 44 cents stamp on it.

Good Luck

Did you guys send money order or personal check. I like the personal check as we can track the date they cash it...but not sure if it is accepted.
Also, for the return postage paid envelope...did you guys just put a standard envelope with $.44 cents stamp? or maybe priority mail stamped USPS envelope?
Thanks....

btw: since they increased the fee from $375....couldn't they afford to mail the payment receipt with their own postage...I mean come on...

zentech, just don't mention that you used to work unauthorized it in the forms you are sending to KCC. They usually dont check. I know a lot of people who worked illegally and got their green card with DV lottery.

i am on F-1 2011AF28*** I send my package on the 14th February and just got my NOAs today.I was wondering how do you guys update the progress of your case, like when you send your package, what day you recieved your NOAs. is there a place you have to type. I want to involve myself in this forum too and learn from it. I have found it to be very useful

Thanks lucky2011,
that is what i thought too.

The State Department advises DV selectees to send postal money order or bank cashier's check as you can read here.

I used a standard white envelope for my returned self-addressed stamped envelope with a 44 cents stamp on it.

Good Luck

i am on F-1 2011AF28*** I send my package on the 14th February and just got my NOAs today.I was wondering how do you guys update the progress of your case, like when you send your package, what day you recieved your NOAs. is there a place you have to type. I want to involve myself in this forum too and learn from it. I have found it to be very useful

Got to Settings (at the top right corner) and then click Edit Signature.

Hi everyone,
I have submitted my AOS package on 3/1/11, but I haven't received anything yet. I know that my file first must be transferred from KCC. So, I called KCC and asked if the USCIS has already requested my file yet. And they said I need to call the USCIS to ask them to do so and request the interview date as well. I told her I have submitted the AOS package and asked if that would take care of the file transfer or not. But, all she did was just repeat the script again. So, I want to check in with you guys about what I should do next.
Thanks.

Read the forum...You are just at the early stages...they will schedule your fingerprinting, then interview...
You have to wait.....

Hi everyone,
I have submitted my AOS package on 3/1/11, but I haven't received anything yet. I know that my file first must be transferred from KCC. So, I called KCC and asked if the USCIS has already requested my file yet. And they said I need to call the USCIS to ask them to do so and request the interview date as well. I told her I have submitted the AOS package and asked if that would take care of the file transfer or not. But, all she did was just repeat the script again. So, I want to check in with you guys about what I should do next.
Thanks.

Hi, I am also facing the same problem. I called USCIS regarding this. They told me, not all the applicants are not able to check status online due to their technical difficulties. But it is not going to hamper the application processing.

I can see, your interview is coming soon. Best of luck.

Online Status Check

I am trying to check my status online by going to https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do Even if my Bio is done and now waiting for interview I am still getting:

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again.

I am trying with a number like MSC1111XXXXXX which is called Application Number in NOA.

Can someone please confirm this is the number that you are using or something else?

Thanks

I suggest you consult a good lawyer ASAP. This is a serious matter and you don't want to take a chance on what an immigration officer 'might' or 'might not' do. Get someone good. There are alot of people with AILA cert. who know almost nothing useful. I'd consult the best (Sheela Murthy is rated no. 1 for immigration). A 20 min phone consult is about ~200/-. It might save your plans for the future in the US.

Hi guys, I just finding out about this forum a few days ago. I wish had known about it earlier because I have many questions to ask. Anyways my situation is that I a F-1 Student currently doing Masters. I completed the biometrics and waiting to go for interview. My question is will one be denied for having previously worked unauthorized. I made sure to submit complete information about employment in the U.S application. I asking becoz I heard some people approved even though they had worked unauthorized. Please tell me what action I can take before I get interviewed as I told this forum best place to get honest answer.

Thanks....

I sent out with cashier's check and I have express mail envlope in there. It was quick. I sent last monday and delievered on Tuesday. It was received by the USPS yesterday around 5pm and I got it this afternoon. I am not sure how long do you have to wait if you send it with a 44 cents envolpe.

Read the forum...You are just at the early stages...they will schedule your fingerprinting, then interview...
You have to wait.....

bluesky1111,
all you can do is wait, really. You will probably need to wait a month or two to get interview. I saw someone waited for almost 4 months (from sending their package to interview date).
Good luck on everything : )
oops...this message is not for Yoni123...I can't delete it...sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

I had today my interview at 9:30. I came a little bit late and was called after 20 mns. The officer was nice and brief.

First he had me swear to tell the truth. Then he checked my passport and ID, went over the i-485 form to confirm the name and address and asked me whether i am married or have kids, in addition to the yes/no questions. He briefly checked something on his computer then photocopied my degrees and asked what i do. He finally said he doesn't have any reason for denial and told me he will report the case to a supervisor for approval when a visa number is ready and that the process after approval would take anytime from 3 to 5 weeks.

It all took around 10 mns. I still haven't got any message or e-mail for CPO and my account status is still the same. I'm a little bit worried as most people mentioned getting their CPO notifications right after the interview but hope it's just a regular delay.

All the best.

F1 , Departament of State receipt and 1-485

I am an international student in Usa with F1 visa. I received the dv lotery letter but I was confused and I did not send the dsp-222 and dsp-230 and the $440 till this week. I want to change my status filling the 1-485. I did not received the receipt for the payment yet. My visa number is avalaible since this month.I do not know if I have to pay the $440 if I am already in USA.May i send the 1-485 with all the documents without the receipt only with the confirmation of the bank that the check was cash? Do you think it is good idea.? I

Tutu0418 You can help me.I sent the $440 last Wednesday It was received by them on Friday. We have to wait their receipt to send the 1-485 and all the documents?Please help me

I have the same problem. My lawyer gave me the same advice. Do you really think that I can send the 1-485 without the receipt and show it in the interview? Please i need your help

If you have confirmation of the bank it is find. just give to them the receipt, it shows that how much and the title were you sent.

If you have confirmation of the bank it is find. just give to them the receipt, it shows that how much and the title were you sent.

F1 , Departament of State receipt and 1-485

I am an international student in Usa with F1 visa. I received the dv lotery letter but I was confused and I did not send the dsp-222 and dsp-230 and the $440 till this week. I want to change my status filling the 1-485. I did not received the receipt for the payment yet. My visa number is avalaible since this month.I do not know if I have to pay the $440 if I am already in USA.May i send the 1-485 with all the documents without the receipt only with the confirmation of the bank that the check was cash? Do you think it is good idea.? I