• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

But I sent the copy of AOS to imm court too.they have my aos file.
Hope LJkt will chip in here.

I think you CAN do AoS. Only thing is when you are on removal proceeding you file i-485 with courts, (via Texas svs Ctr), NOT to Chicago.
Yes, you need to talk to a GOOD LAWYER, who is familiar with AoS filing while on removal proc.

Again for ALL ppl's info...... USCIS acceptance of i-485, fingerprints and call for interview HAS NOTHING TO DO with that your case is OK.
Its just procedural.
When it gets to a IO s/he will review it and tell you whether its ok or not, and that could be sometimes too late for you to do anything differently.

Best!

Finally my AOS is on-air. My medical took a long time :-(

I have a question. I sent the package for me and my spouse together. Will I get just one NOA? or, will I get separate NOA for both of us? I will really appreciate if someone answers this. Thanks ...

Separate NOAs

You will get separate NOAs for you and your spouse. By the why did your medical took so long? It should not have taken more than 3-4 days.

Finally my AOS is on-air. My medical took a long time :-(
I have a question. I sent the package for me and my spouse together. Will I get just one NOA? or, will I get separate NOA for both of us? I will really appreciate if someone answers this. Thanks ...

Thanks feel. My TB test got positive. The clinic took a long time for the x-ray report. Then they asked for several shots. Otherwise, I could send the package early.

Anyway, which country are you from? Which FO are you belong to?

You will get separate NOAs for you and your spouse. By the why did your medical took so long? It should not have taken more than 3-4 days.

Oops. Why don't you make sure by calling USCIS.

Yes I guess I'll do that... nope I didn't leave it at work on the copier... I lost it on the street somehow.
Is there a specific number I should call for that or just the local USCIS office?

Btw my receipt does not appear on egov.uscis.com 2 weeks after being approved... how long does it usually take?

USCIS National Customer Care Number...

Yes I guess I'll do that... nope I didn't leave it at work on the copier... I lost it on the street somehow.
Is there a specific number I should call for that or just the local USCIS office?

Btw my receipt does not appear on egov.uscis.com 2 weeks after being approved... how long does it usually take?

USCIS National Customer Care Number...

I called just now, and they said they won't issue another receipt. However, apparently, as long as I have my case number, I'm fine.

I received the Biometrics Appointment Letter today as well... made a copy... and haven't lost it yet :D

You are good then. Your case is moving fast... When was your AOS packet delivered to lockbox?

I called just now, and they said they won't issue another receipt. However, apparently, as long as I have my case number, I'm fine.

I received the Biometrics Appointment Letter today as well... made a copy... and haven't lost it yet :D

Last edited by a moderator:

The receipt number generally does show up by the time you get the NOA when you try to check your case status on the USCIS website. For me, it never showed up online or even over the phone (machine or when I talked to the CSR). They usually had to "escalate my call to the 2nd level of support" for me to check my case status. It only showed up online after I got CPO.

Good Luck Lucky2011 and Keepkeep for your interviews tomorrow....

Good luck with your interviews keepkeep and lucky2011. Hope everything goes smoothly for the both of you.

Elizabeth, NJ takes long time :(

umuteren, R2010

Looks like you guys have been waiting since long time after Bio to get interview date. Today I have got Bio letter which is scheduled for 03/03/2011. Looks like still a long time to wait for interview? Did you guys contact with anyone just to know why it is taking long time?

Thanks

Hi Zahidal and Umuterem,
Yes I did an infopass last week. I must say that the lady at the FO was very nice and tried to help us. She took her time to examine the 2 lottery letters. She actually looked at whatever info she had in the computer and then asked us if we were there for the interview. We said we were there because it was more than 40 days since we did the FP and no IL letter yet. Well, she said that our file was there and she was going to speak with the IO officer that was reviewing our file. Few minutes latter she came back and said that it was under review as we speak and she even gave us the officer name who was reviewing our file. She told us to be patient and that we will receive something in the mail soon. She added that we can return anytime if we feel that it is still delaying. Furthermore, she ask us to fill a G14 form and ask us to write a note regarding our lottery process and that she will hand this note to the IO reviwing our file. So we left and we are now taking our daily chill pill supplement :)
One note: When we later called USCIS they still saying our file is at NBC.. (go figure).
But regarding you case now: Does Mount Laurel office handle DV cases too, or only Newark office?
Elizabeth, NJ takes long time :(

umuteren, R2010

Looks like you guys have been waiting since long time after Bio to get interview date. Today I have got Bio letter which is scheduled for 03/03/2011. Looks like still a long time to wait for interview? Did you guys contact with anyone just to know why it is taking long time?

Thanks

Hi Zahidal and Umuterem,
Yes I did an infopass last week. I must say that the lady at the FO was very nice and tried to help us. She took her time to examine the 2 lottery letters. She actually looked at whatever info she had in the computer and then asked us if we were there for the interview. We said we were there because it was more than 40 days since we did the FP and no IL letter yet. Well, she said that our file was there and she was going to speak with the IO officer that was reviewing our file. Few minutes latter she came back and said that it was under review as we speak and she even gave us the officer name who was reviewing our file. She told us to be patient and that we will receive something in the mail soon. She added that we can return anytime if we feel that it is still delaying. Furthermore, she ask us to fill a G14 form and ask us to write a note regarding our lottery process and that she will hand this note to the IO reviwing our file. So we left and we are now taking our daily chill pill supplement :)
One note: When we later called USCIS they still saying our file is at NBC.. (go figure).
But regarding you case now: Does Mount Laurel office handle DV cases too, or only Newark office?
Hi zahidal and R2010, I did not do anything because there was a lady on the forum, she got her interview letter after 2 months , I mean after 2 months of bio app. But I am getting to start worrying and pissed off. I am just waiting to pass this month. After that I will do an infopass. By the way, thanks for info R2010, its very helpful.

In my AOS package, I included my g-1145. But I forgot to include g-1145 of my spouse. Is there going to be any problem for this? Please someone help me about this. Thanks in advance ...

In the past, when you said that your FO is still waiting for the file from NBC, was that based on the info received over the phone?
The national customer service representatives see only the info that you can also see online. I mentioned this several times in the past. They do not have a record of your file being transferred to the FO even after your interview.
I thought that you were given that info by your local office.