• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi Msodiqus, just a few quick question: Were you ever out of status for more than 180 days? What's your current immigration status?

hi everyone,I am also happy for everybody who got GC and approval,I am watching all the updates in here,I wish I can help too.
Good luck friends!

Hi ssj1
No Ive never been out of status,I am in removal proceedings right now,I have hearing front of judge this year.
Hi Msodiqus, just a few quick question: Were you ever out of status for more than 180 days? What's your current immigration status?

Hi baobab,
I also congratulate you for getting your GC.I called KCC and they told me my FO did not request my file yet,and I did infopass yesterday,it was useless as others said,the officer did not make decision yet,I dont know when,so kind of frustrated.I think my case is different from everyone in this Forum,thats why delaying or ....? As you know I am in removal proceedings,I have a court front of Judge in this year.I ve been here almost seven years now.Most I was crazy about I won DV twice in a row and cannot get either one????
Sorry,telling you my problems,anyway Enjoy your freedom my friend!
@Msodiqus, sorry to hear that you are still waiting. Did you try an infopass?[/QUOTE]

It's here. Received my GC today!! :)

@baobab: The 'Resident Since' field on my GC has my CPO date and not my interview date.

Good luck to everyone still under process.

Interview experience
Hey guys, interview went smoothly. Just some check questions the same as in form I-485. In 10 min officer (very kind man) told us that our visa will be approved today and we shell expect our GC in 2-3 weeks.

That's it! FREEDOM.
Thanks a lot for everybody who shared my not that easy way to that point with advises and just simple their present here on that forum.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Congrats, I am really happy you made, welcome to the "other side".:)

Interview experience
Hey guys, interview went smoothly. Just some check questions the same as in form I-485. In 10 min officer (very kind man) told us that our visa will be approved today and we shell expect our GC in 2-3 weeks.

That's it! FREEDOM.
Thanks a lot for everybody who shared my not that easy way to that point with advises and just simple their present here on that forum.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Congratulation luganskman on your approval, and pbz, vezuha on receiving the GC.

@baobab: The 'Resident Since' field on my GC has my CPO date and not my interview date.

Thanks for answering this. This makes me think that the approval process may involve two steps: one approving the application, and a second step to order the welcome letter / GC. And that the second step is not implied by the first, but that it must be explicitly performed by the officer or somebody else.

It is purely speculation, but I am trying to understand what is going on internally and to explain what may have happened at the Memphis FO. They did the first step, but the second step only 22 days later, coincidentally the day when I called the National Customer Service center (with them not opening a SR for me). And the one case at this FO last year was fairly similar. They were told that they are approved but the CPO came one week later, the day they called the NCSC number.

Thanks Msodiqus and sorry that I have no advice for you. I am not familiar with such a situation.
Since you have been here only 7 years, I guess that you are not grandfathered under 245i either (you would not be under deportation in that case anyway). Maybe you can get more relevant help in other parts of the forum as well.
Hi baobab,
I also congratulate you for getting your GC.I called KCC and they told me my FO did not request my file yet,and I did infopass yesterday,it was useless as others said,the officer did not make decision yet,I dont know when,so kind of frustrated.I think my case is different from everyone in this Forum,thats why delaying or ....? As you know I am in removal proceedings,I have a court front of Judge in this year.I ve been here almost seven years now.Most I was crazy about I won DV twice in a row and cannot get either one????
Sorry,telling you my problems,anyway Enjoy your freedom my friend!

Wow guys, I was checking the google doc and 31 members of the forum got their cases aproved already, and its only been what a little over four months since the FY started. I hope this document will be helpful for next year's forum members.

Ok... Well if you have never been out of status, what's the reason you are in removal proceedings? I don't mean to pry and you don't have to answer if you don't want to. Just want to ascertain your case from an immigraiton standpoint.

Hi ssj1
No Ive never been out of status,I am in removal proceedings right now,I have hearing front of judge this year.

Hi Guys,

I have two question which I have got the my answer but want to double check with you guys, it will not make a trouble for me.

1- my daughter born 2 months before I get my winner letter from KCC, I have asked KCC by email and they replied that I can fill the forms and include my daughter names as well in the forms.

2- stupidly I have mistyped my birth year when I was filling DV-2011( I mean, first step for participate in the lottery). I have sent the KCC an email and explain that it was a mistake and I have not done it by purpose, they replied as follow: It is acceptable to use correction fluid to correct mistakes made while completing your forms.

It seems that they are OK but I want to ask you if you know some cases which above situation make a problem for them

Many thanks

hmouse, i think that the" correction fluid" remarks, they reffered to the DSP 122 and DS 230 forms, I think they didn't understand that you made mistakes in the actual online application, as I think that the year apears on the wiining ltter itself and in your case is wrong, make sure you call or email them again to correct that.