• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Thanks vezuha and feel. And congratulations vezuha. How green do you feel?

Congratulations Ssj1. You should receive CPO notification soon.

=))))) couldn't be any greener!!!!!!!!! as green as possible!!!!!!! i'm the most greenfeeling person on the planet now haha =))))))))))) in my thoughts i'm sending my happiness to everyone i read on this forum with best wishes, seriously =)

@sob: If you didn't submit the G1145, then all it means you won't get the email/txt notification for your AOS application acceptance.

@vezuha: Good to know that you're all GREEN. I too wish everyone in this forum the GREEN feeling.

@sob: If you didn't submit the G1145, then all it means you won't get the email/txt notification for your AOS application acceptance.

That makes sense... thanks :)

Theoretical question: I'm currently on H1B. What would happen if I resigned or got fired before I get the green card? I would become out of status in the US within a grace period of a certain amount of days. What would that change for my process?

That makes sense... thanks :)

Theoretical question: I'm currently on H1B. What would happen if I resigned or got fired before I get the green card? I would become out of status in the US within a grace period of a certain amount of days. What would that change for my process?
I don't believe you would be out of status even after the grace period IF your AOS application has been accepted when you were in status and as long as your AOS application is under process. You might have a harder time during the interview if you do not have a job and the IO asks about this (job, source of income, etc.). Theoretically of course. :)

congrats for your succesful interview, I am glad that everything went smooth and easy and I imagine the relief you must feel. Now 2 more steps, the CPO and the PDA and then you are on the other greener side, where I wish everyone from the forum will get till the end of the 2011FY
Hey everyone,

Just an update I had my interview and it was brief. The officer just asked for my ID, passport, recent paystubs and asked about my current employment / where I live etc. He also asked the Yes/No questions and then said he didn't check the visa bulletin yet but based on visa availability he will approve it. My status hasn't changed to CPO as yet.

Thanks everyone especially whoever maintains the spreadsheet! And thanks Natta and nncu for the advice. This forum is amazing! Will provide a further update once I get more notifications / the card.

-ssj1

Thanks so much. That discussion really helped.

I suggest submitting a copy of the extension page as well. I am not sure if it is required, but there is no harm in doing so.

Regarding the passport expiration date, read raevsky's posts in the following thread:

Enviro, that is an interesting approach. I hope you get some good results.
Please keep this thread updated on the outcome. This approach could help not only mista, but also later applicants who might find themselves in a similar predicament.
Hello Mista,

Try to work with Faxes, Fax KCC to know the status of your files, once the KCC responses that they have not recieved any Request from USCIS field office, forward that FAX to your USCIS field Office. If USCIS responses with a FAX stating that they have requested KCC the Files, Forward that FAX to KCC. This way KCC will be convinced that USCIS has requested files and will be more inclined to send the Files to your USCIS field office.

This is what my lawyer did yesterday. He did all the faxes, and responses, and I should come to know if this worked out, soon. It has been extremely frustrating for me and the lawyer to co-ordinate between my field office and KCC. I hope this frustration ends soon and things become clearer for us.

hi everyone,I am also happy for everybody who got GC and approval,I am watching all the updates in here,I wish I can help too.
Good luck friends!

I am looking to send my AOS package to Chicago. Do I need to file for I-130 for my spouse? Please anyone help.

I sent AOS files for my wife and my son, but I didn't send that I-130 form for any of them. And we have an Interview tomorrow. So I don't think you have to send that form.

Important for everybody!
Hey guys, I've got that letter:

Dear USCIS customer:

On behalf of the USCIS Customer Services Directorate, MorganFranklin Corporation is conducting a customer satisfaction survey. The objective of this survey is to gather your opinions regarding your experience using the INFOPASS system as well as your most recent visit to a local USCIS office.

Your feedback is the most effective way to improve the INFOPASS system and local office visits, and will be used exclusively for these purposes. Your response is completely anonymous.

The survey consists of multiple-choice questions and should require no longer than a few minutes to complete. Once you have completed all survey questions, please remember to click the Done button to send your responses.

To begin, click on the link below. After completing each page, the Next button will advance you to the next question. If you need to change an answer, press the Previous button to return to that screen.

We know your time is valuable and we truly appreciate your participation. Thank you very much for helping to improve USCIS services for not only yourself, but also for others in the future.

What do you think WE can answer for them? May be we will write our common letter for them?
I have not so good experience with INFOPASS :)

Hey Luganskman, when I start reading the post I was thinking that you are "the best" candidate to receive this letter of survey, as your experience with them wasn't so good, but I think that in this case forum members have something to add as well;especially mista as his experiences with the infopass people at his field office are somewhere painful; so WE could right the response back to them

Important for everybody!
Hey guys, I've got that letter:

Dear USCIS customer:

On behalf of the USCIS Customer Services Directorate, MorganFranklin Corporation is conducting a customer satisfaction survey. The objective of this survey is to gather your opinions regarding your experience using the INFOPASS system as well as your most recent visit to a local USCIS office.

Your feedback is the most effective way to improve the INFOPASS system and local office visits, and will be used exclusively for these purposes. Your response is completely anonymous.

The survey consists of multiple-choice questions and should require no longer than a few minutes to complete. Once you have completed all survey questions, please remember to click the Done button to send your responses.

To begin, click on the link below. After completing each page, the Next button will advance you to the next question. If you need to change an answer, press the Previous button to return to that screen.

We know your time is valuable and we truly appreciate your participation. Thank you very much for helping to improve USCIS services for not only yourself, but also for others in the future.

What do you think WE can answer for them? May be we will write our common letter for them?
I have not so good experience with INFOPASS :)