• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hartford always painfully slow with AOS?

Hi Guys,

As I am yet to receive any interview letter from FO, I'm thinking of filing for EAD so that I can accept post graduation employment. From all indications, this takes average of 3 months and Hartford has been known to take 7 months with DV applicants in the past.
Any thoughts?

Hi all,
When filining AOS, according to the I-485 instructions, we are to include "copy of passport page with non-immigrant visa". What about extension page? The reason I ask is my passport is going to be expired in this May. And I am current in March. I am in the process of extending my passport. But I may not get it done by the time I file AOS. So, do you all know if this is going to be a problem. Or do we even need to submit the validity of the passport? If so, would May expiration date be okay? Otherwise, I may have to wait till I get my passport extended to turn everything in. But I wanted to check with you guys first.
Thank you all.

Ssj1 and luganskman, Good luck with your interviews this week. I hope things go smoothly and you come back with good news.

Congratulations sundaram on the GC.

Hi all,
When filining AOS, according to the I-485 instructions, we are to include "copy of passport page with non-immigrant visa". What about extension page? The reason I ask is my passport is going to be expired in this May. And I am current in March. I am in the process of extending my passport. But I may not get it done by the time I file AOS. So, do you all know if this is going to be a problem. Or do we even need to submit the validity of the passport? If so, would May expiration date be okay? Otherwise, I may have to wait till I get my passport extended to turn everything in. But I wanted to check with you guys first.
Thank you all.

You should include a copy of the main passport page (with your photo, name, expiration date, etc.) of the passport that is current right now. I'm not sure what an extension page is. You should apply to get a new passport before your current one expires. Just make sure to take all your passports to your interview.

Thanks for your response. Extension page means the page that my Embassy writes the date the passport is enxtended to. Our embassy allows passport extension up to 3 years at a time. So, every 3 year the passport is extended, they will write on a passport page with the new extension date. So, you don't get new passport everytime you extend it. Anyway, but when I submit my AOS package, is it okay if my passport is only valid for a little over 2 months?
Thanks.

You should include a copy of the main passport page (with your photo, name, expiration date, etc.) of the passport that is current right now. I'm not sure what an extension page is. You should apply to get a new passport before your current one expires. Just make sure to take all your passports to your interview.

Card Received!

10 years in America and finally a permanent resident!:) Who'd thought that peace of green plastic will make my life a lot easier.

Thank you guy for your help and support. I again advice all new guys read Forums 2010 and 2011. Take your time fulling the documents and don't stress out.

Caribbean, here I come baby:)

Lisa congrats, I am so happy for you. Wow 10 years is a long time and it marks a new decade in your life, good luck in the future and may the card serve you well in life.
P.S. Have fun in your vacation, we are going home in June and then planing a vacation for this summer :)

Card Received!

10 years in America and finally a permanent resident!:) Who'd thought that peace of green plastic will make my life a lot easier.

Thank you guy for your help and support. I again advice all new guys read Forums 2010 and 2011. Take your time fulling the documents and don't stress out.

Caribbean, here I come baby:)

Thanks for your response. Extension page means the page that my Embassy writes the date the passport is enxtended to. Our embassy allows passport extension up to 3 years at a time. So, every 3 year the passport is extended, they will write on a passport page with the new extension date. So, you don't get new passport everytime you extend it. Anyway, but when I submit my AOS package, is it okay if my passport is only valid for a little over 2 months?
Thanks.
I suggest submitting a copy of the extension page as well. I am not sure if it is required, but there is no harm in doing so.

Regarding the passport expiration date, read raevsky's posts in the following thread:
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?319456-passport-expired

I received my card today as well. One surprising thing for me is that on the line "Resident since" it has the date of my interview 01/06, not the date of my CPO, while the welcome letter has the CPO date.
I would like to ask those who received their CPO one or more days after their interview, if your GC has your interview date as well.

Thanks.

I had a similar situation last summer (i.e. my passport would've been valid for less than 6 months by the time i apply for AOS) so i issued a new one since in my country the passport can only be extended once. I did this just to be on the safe side.

It's hard to tell whether an FO officer would make an issue out of this. For non-AOS DV cases, it clearly states that: "Passport (should be) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the U.S. for you and each family member applying for a visa." You can send the package now then extend your passport before the interview (you have at least 2 months between NOA and interview).

I received my card today as well. One surprising thing for me is that on the line "Resident since" it has the date of my interview 01/06, not the date of my CPO, while the welcome letter has the CPO date.
I would like to ask those who received their CPO one or more days after their interview, if your GC has your interview date as well.

We also received our GCs today, and ran out of characters in the signature. As for "resident since", we have our interview date as well.

Now what?

@lisa, congratulations. Enjoy your trip.. (btw i thought GCs weren't green.. !?:))

@baobab: That shrinks by 22 days your citizenship journey :p Best.

Congrats to all of today's green card recipients. And best of luck to Luganskman and ssj1. Come back with good news :)

Hi Enviro,

We have the same situation. We had an interview date for on Jan 27, 2011 and USCIS officer in SLC (Salt Lake City, UTAH) told us that he could not interview with us because they have not received our case files yet. Then the officer said that they would re-request the files.
Mista

wow.. super-frustrating. Cant say more.

pls check the below link.. Maybe you can ask to speak to a supervisor (although you risk making them even angrier)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/241587-infopass-appointment-please-read/

Thanks.

As I understand it, you do not have your passport extended right now and it is expiring in 2 months. I think it is okay to submit your AOS package as your passport is still valid. You should be fine as long as you get it extended before the expiration date.