• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hello,

I’m about to send my package and have a last question before I pull the plug. While assembling the package with alco paper fasteners I was punching holes in all documents and made holes in the medical exam envelope as well w/o any consideration. Do you think I would have any issues with this when I send my package as the web-site states that the medical exam envelope should not be altered? It’s a silly question but would like to hear your opinion.

Thank you,
Dimus.

First, thanks to nncu for posting the link sooner.

As a reference, both the spreadsheet and the website are linked from the first page of this thread, bottom of post #2.

The graphs are dynamically created when you open the page. They read the data from the 'stats' sheet of the spreadsheet. In turn, the 'stats' sheet is automatically updated every night based on the data in the main sheet. Thus, the graphs are at most one day behind.

I've actually noticed it.. Great job baobab. This is indeed helpful

Hi Dimus,

Yes you are not supposed to open the sealed envelope in any way; so I'm not sure if the punctures would cause them to request a sealed envelope again - I doubt it - but if i were you I would get another sealed version; but that's just my opinion.

Hello,

I’m about to send my package and have a last question before I pull the plug. While assembling the package with alco paper fasteners I was punching holes in all documents and made holes in the medical exam envelope as well w/o any consideration. Do you think I would have any issues with this when I send my package as the web-site states that the medical exam envelope should not be altered? It’s a silly question but would like to hear your opinion.

Thank you,
Dimus.

Thanks Vezuha! Time does seem to stand still at times when you are waiting for the interview date...

thanks to all of you guys for congratulations =)
ssj1, you are the next one with interview, good luck!
and for you, lucky2011, it is coming very soon, fingers crossed =)
feel - wish you good news in next Visa Bulletin!
sundaram, leynabee, baobab, reptile - all the best!

lucky2011, how could you just walk-in and do your biometrics instead of waiting for the appointment?

Thank you, ssj1. I guess it's better to play safe and spend 30 minutes to get a new envelope than potentially spend weeks waiting and resending it.
Hi Dimus,

Yes you are not supposed to open the sealed envelope in any way; so I'm not sure if the punctures would cause them to request a sealed envelope again - I doubt it - but if i were you I would get another sealed version; but that's just my opinion.

Green Card received

:):)

We received our cards today. I would take this opportunity to thank each and every member of this forum who dedicate their valuable time to help others. This forum is loaded with bunch of important information and steps needed for DV process, which helped me a lot and I am sure will continue to help others in future. I wish nothing, but the best for each and everyone here.

Congratulations to those who already completed the process and Good luck to those awaiting.

This is something many people have done. There is no harm in doing it, in my belief. Some ASCs allow walk-in (and even have specific days for walk-in), and some don't. My biometric appointment was scheduled 2 days after my interview date. So my walk-in was actually justified.

lucky2011, how could you just walk-in and do your biometrics instead of waiting for the appointment?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Thank you,
Dimus.
For what is worth, I punched holes in the medical exam envelope as well, though I took some care. The envelope was a bit larger than the folded papers inside (that I could feel), so I shook the papers to one end of the envelope and I punched the holes at the other end, so that I did not hole the papers. Nobody complained about it.

Thank you, baobab. I was waiting to see if I was not alone in my package assembly. Yes, I did exactly as you did, so it did not touch the report itself, just the envelope.
Appreciate for sharing this. It's nice that nobody complained :) That's exactly what I need to know.

For what is worth, I punched holes in the medical exam envelope as well, though I took some care. The envelope was a bit larger than the folded papers inside (that I could feel), so I shook the papers to one end of the envelope and I punched the holes at the other end, so that I did not hole the papers. Nobody complained about it.

I also did walk-in biometrics the day after my scheduled appointment, as the ASC was closed on the appointment date. As lucky2011 said, ASCs seem to allow it (with just cause). I remember somebody else on this forum did walk-in biometrics as they would've been out of the region on the scheduled day.

Hello Everyone, I'm not regular in this section, I'm from "DV winners from Bangladesh" section, desperately I need some suggestions here, see if you guys can help me out here!

When I entered my name in DV lottery entry form, I put First Name: TANIA, Mid Name: AKTER, Last Name/Family Name: (just checked in "No Last Name" option). And I filled up my DSP forms in same way. But my passport contains my name as First Name: TANIA, Last Name/Surname: AKTER, in passport form there was no Mid Name option, that's why I had to put "AKTER" in Last Name field. My all legal documents contain my name as "Name: TANIA AKTER" with the NAME title, there is no First/Mid/Last name options in my all legal documents. So, I emailed at KCC about this issue, they replied as:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

NLN means “No Last Name” and NFN means “No First Name.” If this appears with your name, you failed to enter a first or last name on the entry you completed online.

The required forms should be completed using the name that appears on your passport and/or other legal documentation. Any other names you have previously been identified by, including maiden names, should be listed on question 2 of the DS 230 Part I and question 37 of the DS 230 Part II."

What should I do now? Please guys do comments on this issue.

You made a mistake by putting your middle name on the last name field on your passport. Cannot you correct it now? I am not sure what the regulation is but you might have options, check with your country's passport office.

Hello Everyone, I'm not regular in this section, I'm from "DV winners from Bangladesh" section, desperately I need some suggestions here, see if you guys can help me out here!

When I entered my name in DV lottery entry form, I put First Name: TANIA, Mid Name: AKTER, Last Name/Family Name: (just checked in "No Last Name" option). And I filled up my DSP forms in same way. But my passport contains my name as First Name: TANIA, Last Name/Surname: AKTER, in passport form there was no Mid Name option, that's why I had to put "AKTER" in Last Name field. My all legal documents contain my name as "Name: TANIA AKTER" with the NAME title, there is no First/Mid/Last name options in my all legal documents. So, I emailed at KCC about this issue, they replied as:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

NLN means “No Last Name” and NFN means “No First Name.” If this appears with your name, you failed to enter a first or last name on the entry you completed online.

The required forms should be completed using the name that appears on your passport and/or other legal documentation. Any other names you have previously been identified by, including maiden names, should be listed on question 2 of the DS 230 Part I and question 37 of the DS 230 Part II."

What should I do now? Please guys do comments on this issue.

Last edited by a moderator: