• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi Guys!! wow so much has happened! congrats to all who got the GC recently.. I really look foward to see our spreadsheet timeline all green before the end of the fiscal year!!
Well, I have a question about the process.. somehow I got totally lost and confused along the way..
So I called KCC a while back and they told me that my file was transfered on Dec 17.. Today my hub called USCIS and they informed him that our file still on NBC under review and they did not send it to Newark FO yet. So how this really work?? KCC transfer to NBC and NBC transfer to Newark? ?? who request the file to whom?? I know that this matter it discussed many times on this forum and 2010 forum but it is not making sense for me anymore.. Please help ..

1 NBC will transfer your file to FO
2 Upon request by the FO, KCC will transfer your DV case file( not the AOS file) to the FO
3 FO will schedule the interview ( sometimes they simply approve it w/o interview but this is very rare)

Hi Guys!! wow so much has happened! congrats to all who got the GC recently.. I really look foward to see our spreadsheet timeline all green before the end of the fiscal year!!
Well, I have a question about the process.. somehow I got totally lost and confused along the way..
So I called KCC a while back and they told me that my file was transfered on Dec 17.. Today my hub called USCIS and they informed him that our file still on NBC under review and they did not send it to Newark FO yet. So how this really work?? KCC transfer to NBC and NBC transfer to Newark? ?? who request the file to whom?? I know that this matter it discussed many times on this forum and 2010 forum but it is not making sense for me anymore.. Please help ..

thanks Feel. that was a fast response!! :) I actually was not aware that there are two types of files circulating around.. (double the trouble!)
So one more question: who request the AOS file from NBC? Is it the FO? how long it usually takes? ( i am not sure if anyone know for sure, right?!) thanks again.

I saw somenone posted the cut off for April.. just wondering if anyone from this forum is current ...

I think it is an internal process.

thanks Feel. that was a fast response!! :) I actually was not aware that there are two types of files circulating around.. (double the trouble!)
So one more question: who request the AOS file from NBC? Is it the FO? how long it usually takes? ( i am not sure if anyone know for sure, right?!) thanks again.

Cut off numbers for April is here
For April, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA 35,450 Except: Egypt 27,600

ASIA 19,250 Ethiopia 22,150

EUROPE 23,200 Nigeria 14,100

N. AMERICA 8 Except: Bangladesh 18,350

OCEANIA 1,000

S. AMERICA 1,075

Yeah, I wonder too...But I just checked the visa bulletin online and it is not officially out yet...
By the way, can you tell me where is the original post? I cold not locate it.

I dont know where this guy post thi number from.. thanks for all your help Feel..

Hey ssj1, congrats! Totally worth the wait, wasn't it?

Hey everyone,

Just an update I had my interview and it was brief. The officer just asked for my ID, passport, recent paystubs and asked about my current employment / where I live etc. He also asked the Yes/No questions and then said he didn't check the visa bulletin yet but based on visa availability he will approve it. My status hasn't changed to CPO as yet.

Thanks everyone especially whoever maintains the spreadsheet! And thanks Natta and nncu for the advice. This forum is amazing! Will provide a further update once I get more notifications / the card.

-ssj1

Yes, there are two files. It is normal if you think about it.
One file from KCC which includes your online DV entry and the proof that you were selected. If you submitted the DSP-122 and/or DS-230 to KCC, those forms are included as well.
The other file is the AOS package that you submitted to Chicago.

The way I imagined the workflow is that your AOS file goes from Chicago to NBC. NBC schedules the biometrics appointment based on the openings at your local ASC. ASC is selected based on your zip code.
Next, NBC sends the AOS file to your local FO. Again, the FO is determined based on your zip code.

The FO requests your KCC file and schedules the interview.

This is just how I thought it works. However, based on this theory, I do not know how your AOS file can still be at NBC, while the FO requested your KCC file already. Based on my workflow, the FO does not even know about your application until it is sent from NBC. So my theory may be wrong.
It is also possible that NBC may be waiting on the name check or something else.

@luganskman, good luck with your interview.

@Msodiqus, sorry to hear that you are still waiting. Did you try an infopass?

Luganskman, good luck tommorow, your day has finally come. Keep us posted, hope all goes well and the wait will finally be over for you and your familly.

I am going to send my AOS package. I am sending following things. Please help me whether anything is missing here.

(a) I-485 (me and my spouse)
(b) 2 passport photograph (me and my spouse)
(c) G-325A biographic (me and my spouse)
(d) copy of passport (me and my spouse)
(e) copy of ssn and drivers license (my spouse)
(f) copy of birth certificate (me and my spouse)
(g) copy of F1/F2 visa (me and my spouse)
(h) copy of I-20 (me and my spouse)
(i) copy of I-94 (me and my spouse)
(j) I-693 medical (me and my spouse)
(k) bank check of 2 x $1070
(l) copy of selection letter
(m) copy of DV fee receipt of 2 x $440
(n) copy of all educational certificates (me and my spouse)
(o) copy of marriage certificate
(p) g-1145 SMS notification
(q) graduate assistantship contract of my spouse (for showing financial solvency)

Looks good.

I am going to send my AOS package. I am sending following things. Please help me whether anything is missing here.

(a) I-485 (me and my spouse)
(b) 2 passport photograph (me and my spouse)
(c) G-325A biographic (me and my spouse)
(d) copy of passport (me and my spouse)
(e) copy of ssn and drivers license (my spouse)
(f) copy of birth certificate (me and my spouse)
(g) copy of F1/F2 visa (me and my spouse)
(h) copy of I-20 (me and my spouse)
(i) copy of I-94 (me and my spouse)
(j) I-693 medical (me and my spouse)
(k) bank check of 2 x $1070
(l) copy of selection letter
(m) copy of DV fee receipt of 2 x $440
(n) copy of all educational certificates (me and my spouse)
(o) copy of marriage certificate
(p) g-1145 SMS notification
(q) graduate assistantship contract of my spouse (for showing financial solvency)