• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Friends,

I got CPO an hour ago. I have two exams this afternoon, so I will detail my interview experience later tonight.

Best of luck to all !!!

Just got Acceptance e-mails and SMS'. Interestingly they send acceptance for each application form, i.e. 485, 765.

I was scheduled for the interview on 10.30 AM, arrived there on 10.00 AM, called in on 10.45 AM, and done on 11.00 AM ^^

The interview was very easy and the IO was very very nice..I practically was only asked about the questions in the form I-485:
- Name, address, DOB, SSN, father's and mother's name
- Yes/No questions
- Have I ever applied for immigrant status before?
- The first time I entered the US and the last time I left the US.
- What do I study in the US and where is my university?
- Other very easy questions.

As for the documents, she asked for my original driver license, birth certificate, HS diploma, I-20, and passport.
After that, it's done !! She checked something on the computer and she said that she will approve my case today and gave me a piece of approval letter. The card will arrive in 2-4 weeks.

Now I have some questions for those that have passed the interview.
1. I know that I need to change my SSN so that I can work off-campus. Will my SS Number changed or they will only change the card? If they will change the number altogether, what will happen to my credit history?
2. Do I have to wait until I have received the actual GC to go to the SS Office or I can just show them the approval letter I received today?

Thanks guys ^^

Congrats keepkeep,what a nice finish.
I think you will get just a new SS card, not the numbers.
And you just wait for your card.maybe other guys know better than me,that's my thinking,and Enjoy your Freedom.Good luck!

Hi everyone,
I have question,Do KCC forward the DV cases after the request or they just do it?And do they fax it or mail it to LO?
Thanks.

I think upon request by the local FO they will transfer DV case file to the FO. Whats going with your case? What is the status, any updates?

Hi everyone,
I have question,Do KCC forward the DV cases after the request or they just do it?And do they fax it or mail it to LO?
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,is it necessary to include 2 or 4 pictures in I-485 package?On a website it says two pictures but i remember i was reading in a forum before that it is better to include 4 since two of them would go to a medical exam form.

did someone use tabs and acco fasteners when organizing a package for sending it?

thanks a lot!

Hi feel,how are you!
Nothing yet,I have just received email from KCC,that says "
Your case has been forwarded to the USCIS Office of St. Louis on February 15, 2011.
Any further inquiries regarding this case must be directed to them."
That's it.

@msodiqus7 !Thanks!

I would like to clarify again about EAD. We apply for EAD to get a work permission before we get a green card since if we have a green card we dont need it. It means it is ok not to include a form for EAD into I-485 package,just wait for a green card???Is it correct?

Yes,you can file later on if you need it,just you need a copy of NoA.right know you don't need to include it,if your cards expiration date is not close.
Hope I could help you.
@msodiqus7 !Thanks!

I would like to clarify again about EAD. We apply for EAD to get a work permission before we get a green card since if we have a green card we dont need it. It means it is ok not to include a form for EAD into I-485 package,just wait for a green card???Is it correct?

Regarding the EAD, some people apply in order to get it so they can work before the GC comes, but from what I've seen this year, a lot of people do not get it. In my case I did not apply for one as I had one already, but my husband applied, but we did not get any updates on the status of the EAD, but we don't need it now anymore as we got the cards :)

@msodiqus7 !Thanks!

Regarding the SS number and card. Once you get the GC, you go to the Social Security office and they only change the card, but the number itsself does not change and you do need the actual card to do that.

Regarding the SS number and card. Once you get the GC, you go to the Social Security office and they only change the card, but the number itsself does not change and you do need the actual card to do that.

Thanks natta ^^
But then another question, can I apply for off-campus jobs right away or I have to wait for the SS to change first?
Thanks !!

The GC and the SS card you have now are enough till you get the new SS card, but you need the actual green card though.

Thanks natta ^^
But then another question, can I apply for off-campus jobs right away or I have to wait for the SS to change first?
Thanks !!

My interview was scheduled for 8:30am. I was called in around 9:45am by a senior gentlemen. He led me to his office and asked me to raise my right hand to take the oath to tell the truth. The entire interview lasted for about 15 minutes.

He rapidly flipped through my KCC and AOS files and went over the some of the "Have you ever" questions on I-485. Then, he asked me what I'm studying and what kind of applications I will be doing with my degree. He spent sometime typing stuff on the computer, and then later took off the I-94 from my passport and put the temporary I-551 stamp on it. Then he said I will be getting my GC in the mail in a few weeks. And, he ended the interview with a few jokes and that was it. 2 hours later, I received CPO text message.

Best of luck to all !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats.

My interview was scheduled for 8:30am. I was called in around 9:45am by a senior gentlemen. He led me to his office and asked me to raise my right hand to take the oath to tell the truth. The entire interview lasted for about 15 minutes.

He rapidly flipped through my KCC and AOS files and went over the some of the "Have you ever" questions on I-485. Then, he asked me what I'm studying and what kind of applications I will be doing with my degree. He spent sometime typing stuff on the computer, and then later took off the I-94 from my passport and put the temporary I-551 stamp on it. Then he said I will be getting my GC in the mail in a few weeks. And, he ended the interview with a few jokes and that was it. 2 hours later, I received CPO text message.

Best of luck to all !!!

Thanks. I really wonder whether they consider it to be one application or two. Anyway, cashing the money is another way to tract the acceptance.

I don't think there should be any problems. However, they will be sending the e-notification to you only (for your application) and not for your spouse.