• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

I think another way is to check how much money is cashed. It also tells the acceptance indirectly.

Pbz, it is not a big deal like you already mentioned. But we will get the answer in couple days...cheers!
I believe they are related immigration packets so one G-1145 should work.

@natta ,thanks for the response about EAD!

i am an F1 student and dont have a job!How is it important to include in my package an affidavit of support?bank statement?would it make any difference if bring it for the interview?

thanks a lot in advance!!

We did not include any affidavit or bank statements or anything else, I took just bank statement for the interview , but we were not asked for it.

@natta ,thanks for the response about EAD!

i am an F1 student and dont have a job!How is it important to include in my package an affidavit of support?bank statement?would it make any difference if bring it for the interview?

thanks a lot in advance!!

The update I got from my lawyer last week, is that after seeing the repeated requests fax from USCIS , KCC finally sent my file to the USCIS Field Office. I have been told to wait 30 days before we make another enquiry from my local field office- to confirm they have recieved my file.

I am deseprately waiting for my Interview appointment later- its the 5th month after applying.

I wanted to ask if anyone from Boston (bcbg, edwardimel, Lution, Yoyoko), or goodfellas, Mista have any updates. I think at this point we are all in similar timelines for interview letter.

Enviro, that is an interesting approach. I hope you get some good results.
Please keep this thread updated on the outcome. This approach could help not only mista, but also later applicants who might find themselves in a similar predicament.

Acceptance
On October 12, 2010, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Your case is being processed at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

Hello All, I wanted to confirm with anyone if during the Acceptance phase of the LUD, did people had this status on the webiste. I wanted to confirm that if only some cases for I-485 are being processed at the National Benefits Center or all DV cases were initially processed there. This is message since October on LUD.

I am trying to find reasons why my case has not update since October.

Thanks

I actually applied for EAD card a couple of days ago, because I assumed that it might take longer to receive GC for me (I'm in Boston, and it seems like it is very slow here.) I'm currently working under OPT and I can't renew my contract without either GC or EAD card. I might receive GC earlier than EAD card, but just in case. Besides, I think I don't have to pay the fee for EAD card ($340) since I'm renewing the card and it's under C9 (I-485 is Pending.). Is it correct?

Good luck! Hope they will let you in.

So I showed up and started saying my appointment wasn't until 3 weeks later but I had lost the original appointment notice... they just told me to take a number and processed me!

Thats a good news. Make sure you wont loose your Interview Appoint. letter :)

So I showed up and started saying my appointment wasn't until 3 weeks later but I had lost the original appointment notice... they just told me to take a number and processed me!

Post GC

I am curious about what steps we need to take after we've gotten out GC's. For those without a SSN or requiring work authorization, you would need to get a new SS card.

How about for those who were previously on F1? Do we need to let our schools know about the change in status? I'm guessing we do not need our I-20's anymore (although I won't be throwing out mine). And for those on OPT or working on campus or under H1B, do we need to let the business/tax office know and sign a new W2?

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

You must let payroll office know and fill out a new Form I-9. Also let your bank know. Yeah, no more I-20s :)!

I am curious about what steps we need to take after we've gotten out GC's. For those without a SSN or requiring work authorization, you would need to get a new SS card.

How about for those who were previously on F1? Do we need to let our schools know about the change in status? I'm guessing we do not need our I-20's anymore (although I won't be throwing out mine). And for those on OPT or working on campus or under H1B, do we need to let the business/tax office know and sign a new W2?

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All, my wife won a lottery, i'm derivative (sponsored by her). I work, she's a housewife. We have enough savings in joint bank account, and I can show all my W-2s. Do I still need to file affidavit of support for her?

Update: GC Received! And it's green! I'm so thankful! :) Time to give back people...
Good Luck everyone!! I'll be around for a while.

If you have a permanent resident or citizen who could provide an affidavit of support it certainly won't hurt; but if the joint bank account has a substantial amount of money it should still be ok. I am really not an expert though.

Hi All, my wife won a lottery, i'm derivative (sponsored by her). I work, she's a housewife. We have enough savings in joint bank account, and I can show all my W-2s. Do I still need to file affidavit of support for her?

So if we both apply for AOS at the same time, does it make sense at all for one to provide an affidavit of support for another?

If you have a permanent resident or citizen who could provide an affidavit of support it certainly won't hurt; but if the joint bank account has a substantial amount of money it should still be ok. I am really not an expert though.