• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

hmouse, i think that the" correction fluid" remarks, they reffered to the DSP 122 and DS 230 forms, I think they didn't understand that you made mistakes in the actual online application, as I think that the year apears on the wiining ltter itself and in your case is wrong, make sure you call or email them again to correct that.

Thanks Natta,

I just called them and they confirm that they can not change the year of birth but they will put it in my case that my year of birth is not correct and I have reported to them.

Do you guys think, that would be OK when we do our interview?

Thanks

Hi All,

I was going through the instructions for the form I-485. It will be great if anyone can help me with the mailing address we need the send the form I-485. I did not see any clear instructions for DV lottery winners. I am confused what is the lockbox facility I need to send my I-485 package to. It will be great if anyone has any knowledge of USCIS instructions for DV lottery winners.

Thanks in Advance.

natorquest,

If you are sending your package using US Postal Service (USPS), then the address is:

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

If you are sending your package using UPS, Fedex, or another courier:

USCIS
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5520

Hi All,

I was going through the instructions for the form I-485. It will be great if anyone can help me with the mailing address we need the send the form I-485. I did not see any clear instructions for DV lottery winners. I am confused what is the lockbox facility I need to send my I-485 package to. It will be great if anyone has any knowledge of USCIS instructions for DV lottery winners.

Thanks in Advance.

Zahidal,
For express mail, is not the ZIP code IL 60603-5517 rather than IL 60603-5520

natorquest,

If you are sending your package using US Postal Service (USPS), then the address is:

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

If you are sending your package using UPS, Fedex, or another courier:

USCIS
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5520

Visa Bulletin for March 2011 is out. I am current for April 2011 :).

Celinita is current in April!!!

Anybody could send the link of the spreadsheet in order to save it and update my dates?
I'm sending my package to Chicago next week! :D

Congratulations to all who have received good news in the March Visa Bulletin

Last edited by a moderator:
What would be the "proper" dress code for an AOS interview? Business casual should be okay, right? I don't wanna be too formal and wear "suit and tie" coz they might think I'm a lawyer or something :rolleyes:

Msodiqus7, Removal Proceedings ?

Guys, I have been a "quiet" audience until Msodiqus7 told that he is in removal proceedings. I will try to share my experience if I can.
I have questions for you. Are you in Voluntary Departure, did you pay Immigration Bond & are you in appeal ?

hi baobab,
i also congratulate you for getting your gc.i called kcc and they told me my fo did not request my file yet,and i did infopass yesterday,it was useless as others said,the officer did not make decision yet,i dont know when,so kind of frustrated.i think my case is different from everyone in this forum,thats why delaying or ....? As you know i am in removal proceedings,i have a court front of judge in this year.i ve been here almost seven years now.most i was crazy about i won dv twice in a row and cannot get either one????
Sorry,telling you my problems,anyway enjoy your freedom my friend!
@msodiqus, sorry to hear that you are still waiting. Did you try an infopass?
[/quote]

What would be the "proper" dress code for an AOS interview? Business casual should be okay, right? I don't wanna be too formal and wear "suit and tie" coz they might think I'm a lawyer or something :rolleyes:

I just wore my best track suit...

Guys, I have been a "quiet" audience until Msodiqus7 told that he is in removal proceedings. I will try to share my experience if I can.
I have questions for you. Are you in Voluntary Departure, did you pay Immigration Bond & are you in appeal ?

Yeah, someone who knows how the imm. courts work needs to advise Msodi..
And he/she need to share bit more info here so ppl can chip in. It seems to me this person has NO idea how the system works and may be on 'wait and see' mode, not realizing that US imm. system DO NOT work that way!!

The way I know, if you are on removal proceedings and you have recourse to a subsequent i-485, then you MUST inform that to the courts, get a determination and then get that determination to the FO/IO 'ASAP'. For that you (or your lawyer) need to BUZZ the imm. court one way or other so that they know your case need attention. (NO, FO/IO will NOT do that for you)

I also think that if your 'removal' is due to B,H (or similar) visa 'over stay' which go to auto 3/10 yr bar, then you are fighting an uphill battle for DV i-485 (or CP)...next to impossible !

Thats my 0.02 !

Best!

You're right NuvF. looks like Msodiqus7 is on "wait and see" mode, and I didn't know how this system works either at first, until I experienced this. Your logic works, NuvF, he/she has to "close" his/her case first, if the answers of my questions are YES. I am guessing he/she has time till the end of fiscal year and currently in legal status eventhough without visa (in protection status), I understand ! I am not a legal advisor, but I want to share my experience. Really hope my knowledge/experience will help ....!:)

Yeah, someone who knows how the imm. courts work needs to advise Msodi..
And he/she need to share bit more info here so ppl can chip in. It seems to me this person has NO idea how the system works and may be on 'wait and see' mode, not realizing that US imm. system DO NOT work that way!!

The way I know, if you are on removal proceedings and you have recourse to a subsequent i-485, then you MUST inform that to the courts, get a determination and then get that determination to the FO/IO 'ASAP'. For that you (or your lawyer) need to BUZZ the imm. court one way or other so that they know your case need attention. (NO, FO/IO will NOT do that for you)

I also think that if your 'removal' is due to B,H (or similar) visa 'over stay' which go to auto 3/10 yr bar, then you are fighting an uphill battle for DV i-485 (or CP)...next to impossible !

Thats my 0.02 !

Best!

Hi guys,

So I got my NOA on Thursday. Being organized and paranoid, I take it to work the next day to make a scan "just in case".
And then I lost the original on my way home (yes, I know).

What should I do? Should I contact USCIS?

Thanks

Oops. Why don't you make sure by calling USCIS.

Hi guys,

So I got my NOA on Thursday. Being organized and paranoid, I take it to work the next day to make a scan "just in case".

Thanks

On Monday Morning back at work, check that copier or scanner....I think you forgot the original back there.....
(happens to many of us...)

Hi guys,

Thanks

Hi NuvF, thanks for help.
I was not out of status when I file my asylum case.last hearing judge told me to go back home and get the DV over there when visa is current.and he told me I can take volunteer departure then they will give me 120 days to leave.and he rescheduled my court date to July.but i cannot go back.my lawyer didn't do anything,he told me I cannot do AoS in here,I believed him.why USCIS accept my case and scheduled for fingerprints and interview if it doesn't work.i called immigraton court they said i can do it.now i am confused.i guess not all the lawyers have skills enough.so I need another good lawyer,tomorrow I will look for it.

Hi NuvF, thanks for help.
I was not out of status when I file my asylum case.last hearing judge told me to go back home and get the DV over there when visa is current.and he told me I can take volunteer departure then they will give me 120 days to leave.and he rescheduled my court date to July.but i cannot go back.my lawyer didn't do anything,he told me I cannot do AoS in here,I believed him.why USCIS accept my case and scheduled for fingerprints and interview if it doesn't work.i called immigraton court they said i can do it.now i am confused.i guess not all the lawyers have skills enough.so I need another good lawyer,tomorrow I will look for it.

Hope LJkt will chip in here.

I think you CAN do AoS. Only thing is when you are on removal proceeding you file i-485 with courts, (via Texas svs Ctr), NOT to Chicago.
Yes, you need to talk to a GOOD LAWYER, who is familiar with AoS filing while on removal proc.

Again for ALL ppl's info...... USCIS acceptance of i-485, fingerprints and call for interview HAS NOTHING TO DO with that your case is OK.
Its just procedural.
When it gets to a IO s/he will review it and tell you whether its ok or not, and that could be sometimes too late for you to do anything differently.

Best!