• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hey,
I think you should just give them some time. You can't gain anything from pissing off USCIS people at your local office.
You have so much time...trust me, just give them a month and even two months.
You basically did all the steps, and once they do get the file, they will interview you and you'll get your GC that day.

Hi Enviro,

We have the same situation. We had an interview date for on Jan 27, 2011 and USCIS officer in SLC (Salt Lake City, UTAH) told us that he could not interview with us because they have not received our case files yet. Then the officer said that they would re-request the files.

Last Friday, I called KCC and learned that SLC has not requested the files yet. Then I went to USCIS office in SLC today, the person I talked to was very rude and he was not helpful at all. He said that they have already requested the files for the second time in January. I asked him the date but he did not want to tell me the date.

Then I called KCC one more time and I was told that SLC office has not requested the files for the second time. Then I talked to the same officer but he did not want to listen. I asked him to send the request fax one more time (since KCC told me that the files are requested via fax) but he did not accept.

After that I made another info pass for 4 hours later (USICS office is 4-hour drive round trip). This time I was talking to another officer and he was trying to help. Then the same officer whom I talked to in the morning came and said that he gave all the answers we needed. After that the new officer has changed and asked me why I came the second time in a day. I told him that KCC did not have their second request. But it did not change the result.

KCC says that local USCIS officers need to call KCC. Officers in SLC do not want to talk to them. I made a call when I was in local USCIS office in SLC and the officers did not even want to talk to the representative from KCC.

Officer in SLC asked me to wait. I do not have any problem with waiting but KCC does not have their request and they say that they will not send anything unless they get a request from the local USCIS office. One side says they have requested the files, the other side says they have not received any request.

I am very frustrated and each time I need to drive about 4 hours to go to local USCIS office plus I am missing some of my classes as well.

After this point unfortunately I cannot change the local USCIS office either. I do not have anything but waiting. I made another infopass for the next week and I will try to convince the local USCIS officers to send the request one more time.

I hope other people will not have these problems since it is very very annoying.
If there is anyone who is planning to use SLC, UT for a local office, please think twice and use another local office.

By the way, congratulations to those who had their cards.

Mista

Hi Enviro,

We have the same situation. We had an interview date for on Jan 27, 2011 and USCIS officer in SLC (Salt Lake City, UTAH) told us that he could not interview with us because they have not received our case files yet. Then the officer said that they would re-request the files.

I understand how frustrating this must be for you mista. It seems the people at your local USCIS FO will not be very helpful. Perhaps you will have better luck convincing KCC to send either you or your local FO a letter or a fax stating they have not received a request for your file. It is worth a try since the situation may not change on its own otherwise (although I hope it does resolve itself quickly).

Hi, my name is Rigo and i'm a winner of DV 2011 but i'm in asylum procedure.I have a lawyer but apparently he did never experienced any case like mine. When i'm reading this forum, every body was talking about DSP 122 and DSP 230. I'm confused and i need a help. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, my name is Rigo and i'm a winner of DV 2011 but i'm in asylum procedure.I have a lawyer but apparently he did never experienced any case like mine. When i'm reading this forum, every body was talking about DSP 122 and DSP 230. I'm confused and i need a help. Thanks

Welcome to the forum rigo. The DSP-122 and DSP-230 are forms that a DV winner fills out (along with 2 photos) and sends to KCC if he/she wants to continue with the DV process. You should have received some information on this with your DV selection notification. You can find out more at http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4756.html . Information about those forms are under step 3. I suggest you go through older posts on this forum and if possible the 2010 AOS forum as all these have been discussed.

Since you are in `asylum procedure', I guess the first thing for you to decide, dependent on how far along in the asylum process you are, is if you want to/can apply for a green card based on your DV selection rather than an asylee.

Thanks everyone for your messages and good luck to those still waiting.

We also received our GCs today, and ran out of characters in the signature. As for "resident since", we have our interview date as well.

Now what?
Now you do not have a disadvantage when you look for a job.
Thanks for your answer, but your CPO was on the same day as your interview.
I am looking on some feedback from people who had their CPO *not* on the same day as their interview.

@baobab: That shrinks by 22 days your citizenship journey :p Best.
Good one, did not think of that. :)

Hi Enviro,

Mista, that is really upsetting. I think you should keep doing infopasses if it is not too time consuming (you do not live that close to the FO), but wait 1 or 2 weeks between them. I agree with Yoni that you should not piss them off too much.
I hope something changes and that you do not have to wait that much longer.

Thank you Yoni123 and baobab.

I do not have any problem with waiting. But I will be waiting in vain since nothing will happen. KCC says they do not have any second request and they will not send any files unless they get another request from USCIS. And USCIS insists not to send the second request fax (by the way, nobody knows where the first case files are).

This part frustrates me. The only thing the local USCIS office needs to do is to re-send the same fax to KCC. This will solve the problem. And I do not understand why they do not want to send the fax again.

Hey,
I think you should just give them some time. You can't gain anything from pissing off USCIS people at your local office.
You have so much time...trust me, just give them a month and even two months.
You basically did all the steps, and once they do get the file, they will interview you and you'll get your GC that day.

Congratulations baobab!
I received my card today as well. One surprising thing for me is that on the line "Resident since" it has the date of my interview 01/06, not the date of my CPO, while the welcome letter has the CPO date.
I would like to ask those who received their CPO one or more days after their interview, if your GC has your interview date as well.

Hello Mista,

Try to work with Faxes, Fax KCC to know the status of your files, once the KCC responses that they have not recieved any Request from USCIS field office, forward that FAX to your USCIS field Office. If USCIS responses with a FAX stating that they have requested KCC the Files, Forward that FAX to KCC. This way KCC will be convinced that USCIS has requested files and will be more inclined to send the Files to your USCIS field office.

This is what my lawyer did yesterday. He did all the faxes, and responses, and I should come to know if this worked out, soon. It has been extremely frustrating for me and the lawyer to co-ordinate between my field office and KCC. I hope this frustration ends soon and things become clearer for us.

Thanks
Enviro

Thank you Yoni123 and baobab.

I do not have any problem with waiting. But I will be waiting in vain since nothing will happen. KCC says they do not have any second request and they will not send any files unless they get another request from USCIS. And USCIS insists not to send the second request fax (by the way, nobody knows where the first case files are).

This part frustrates me. The only thing the local USCIS office needs to do is to re-send the same fax to KCC. This will solve the problem. And I do not understand why they do not want to send the fax again.

Congratulations Lisa, baobab, nncu, sundaram and all who have received card already !!!

Luganskman, ssj1 and all who have already scheduled for interviews - all the best.

Regarding my case yesterday I received the NOA and now waiting for Bio.

Card Received!

10 years in America and finally a permanent resident!:) Who'd thought that peace of green plastic will make my life a lot easier.

Thank you guy for your help and support. I again advice all new guys read Forums 2010 and 2011. Take your time fulling the documents and don't stress out.

Caribbean, here I come baby:)

For those of you who have received your GC/Welcome letter, did you case status change to Post Decision Activity? My case status just changed to PDA. Does this mean that they have mailed the card out?

For those of you who have received your GC/Welcome letter, did you case status change to Post Decision Activity? My case status just changed to PDA. Does this mean that they have mailed the card out?

After interview status went to Card/Document Production, then after I received Welcome Letter status went to Post Decision Activity. I expect it to go again to Card/Document Production anytime soon, that is what I recall happen usually in approved cases.

Yeah PDA is the last step. Your card has been mailed out to you...Enjoy!

Interview

Hey everyone,

Just an update I had my interview and it was brief. The officer was very nice and just asked for my ID, passport, recent paystubs and asked about my current employment / where I live etc. He also asked the Yes/No questions and then said he didn't check the visa bulletin yet but based on visa availability he will approve it. My status hasn't changed to CPO as yet.

Thanks everyone especially whoever maintains the spreadsheet! And thanks Natta and nncu for the advice. This forum is amazing! Will provide a further update once I get more notifications / the card.

-ssj1

Last edited by a moderator:
My check was cashed 8 days ago and still no NOA email/txt. When should I start worrying?

Did you submit a form G325A with your AOS package (with the G325A on top) ? If so, you should have received an email/txt the same day the checks were cashed. The NOA should have come in about a week too. Wait a couple of days, you should receive the NOA.

I sent G325A, but it was behind I485 in my file... is this an issue?
Sorry, I meant the G1145 which is the E-Notification of Application Acceptance. Did you submit this? Somewhere early on this forum that it is best to have it at the very top of the AOS package.

ssj1, congratulations with successfull interview!

sob, I would wait, NOA should come sometime this week.

everyone, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! card is received!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So Pbz, yes, as Feel said, PDA is actually the last stage of the process. Pbz, Hkaren, card is flying to you right now =)

My sincere wishes of luck for everyone with your future interviews!!!!
Thank you, everyone on this forum!

Thanks vezuha and feel. And congratulations vezuha. How green do you feel?

Congratulations Ssj1. You should receive CPO notification soon.

Sorry, I meant the G1145 which is the E-Notification of Application Acceptance. Did you submit this? Somewhere early on this forum that it is best to have it at the very top of the AOS package.

No I did not submit this... does it just mean I won't get a notification by email/txt? If that's all it does, then I'm not too worried... but it's the first time I hear about this form :)