• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Guys, I have read somewhere in the forum people saying they saw their KCC file in front of IO while doing interview. I wonder what does KCC DV file would look like....any ideas? Is it just the DV forms that we filled back in 2009 or what? Thanks.

Hi guys,
i just saw that my number will be current in March so i am confused when i should send my documents to Chicago.Is it risky to send it before my number officially become current on march or the risk is minimal in sending it in 60 days advance?

thanks a lot

@Suzik,

Please do not try it or it will be rejected. I was current in November and my package got there on 29th October, yet there was a debate wether to reject or accept my application and I was lucky to be accepted. Please wait for your time. Its worth the waiting.

Did anybody in Boston get an interview appointment yet? I am still waiting. Online status says "Acceptance". Starting to get worried...

Hi lution,

No interview letter for me as well. Don't know what is going on in the Boston office. We seem to be the last ones waiting:(

@atshuaib.Thanks for a response. So it means the savest way to send on 28th of february or around 10th of march when official march bulletin will get published?

for translation of my birth certificate,my diploma and transfers, can i translate myself from my native language or it has to be a professional translator?

Hi lution,

No interview letter for me as well. Don't know what is going on in the Boston office. We seem to be the last ones waiting:(

Well...Keep us posted, you should get one a few days before me. Hope everything is normal with our cases.

Hi guys,
i just saw that my number will be current in March so i am confused when i should send my documents to Chicago.Is it risky to send it before my number officially become current on march or the risk is minimal in sending it in 60 days advance?

thanks a lot

as soon as you see your number in advanced notification you CAN send your file. so there is no need to wait until your number becomes officially current. see the discussions in previous pages. my quote is just a recommendation, so it's up to you what you want to do.

@feel

all the files that you have sent is there on one side of the folder, on the other side I saw one paper which some comments about your FBI reports, biometrics and maybe other things are written.

Last edited by a moderator:
@js7.Thanks for a response.

does someone have a link to a good package sample with a cover letter?

as i understand the first page has to be a cover letter and the second page is a list of attached documents or it all goes on one page ?

thanks

Hi guys,

thanks a lot

Suzik, my understanding from reading this forum and the 2010 one is that it is safe to send your package when you see your number in the Advanced Notification section of the Bulletin. I am not aware of atshuaib's case but you can see in the excel spreadsheet (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tNhB2CVZoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0) that many people followed the 50-day rule and were fine. The debate we had earlier in this forum was whether this rule can be extended to 90 days but this is definitely risky.

It is your choice. I am current in March and sent my package. I think that even if you wait till March, you should still have more than enough time as there would be 7 months left to the fiscal year.

@reptile.Thanks for the detailed info. Do you have by any chance a sample of a cover letter that you sent?

Would someone please clarify couple little things for me. My dear wife won the lottery - do we now need to send two I-485s or just one? If two, we still can include both in the same package, right?

Also, in Part 2 of I-485, she will have to check (a.) and I will have to check (b.) (if I need a separate application), correct?

@reptile.Thanks for the detailed info. Do you have by any chance a sample of a cover letter that you sent?

I sent the same cover letter previously circulated in the forum (attached). The second page includes tips that were suggested a while ago (think it was Izzy or khayat).

USCIS also have assembly tips on their website (try not to use stapler,....). Try to check it as well and remember to put the e-notification form on the top of your package.

Hi Voxx
you need 2 applications and two separate checks. you can and should send them in one package and separate them with rubber band.
read the guidelines

Would someone please clarify couple little things for me. My dear wife won the lottery - do we now need to send two I-485s or just one? If two, we still can include both in the same package, right?

Also, in Part 2 of I-485, she will have to check (a.) and I will have to check (b.) (if I need a separate application), correct?

I have some queries. Can anyone help? I will really appreciate.
a) What is NOA?
b) What is PDA?
c) What is CPO?
d) Currently, I am in F-2 visa status. Do I need to wait for Green Card to work legally in US?