• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hey Guys, awesome news, even if my case did not change to PDA, I was surprised to find the cards in the mail today. I keep looking at the card and can not believe it that it has my name on it :)
Thanks guys for all the support and all the good wishes and prayers. I wish everyone in this forum to be succesful and to be patient, we will all get their before September 30th. I will think of each and one of you that helped me and my familly with advices and with encouragements when I really felt scared that we will not make it.
I will stick around to help others where I can. I got attached to this forum and can't just walk away once I got the card. :)

Congratulations natta :) I'm happy for you!

I bet it was a happy moment when you saw it. I hope it serves you well in your job search and in your travels.

Hey Guys, awesome news, even if my case did not change to PDA, I was surprised to find the cards in the mail today. I keep looking at the card and can not believe it that it has my name on it :)
Thanks guys for all the support and all the good wishes and prayers. I wish everyone in this forum to be succesful and to be patient, we will all get their before September 30th. I will think of each and one of you that helped me and my familly with advices and with encouragements when I really felt scared that we will not make it.
I will stick around to help others where I can. I got attached to this forum and can't just walk away once I got the card. :)

Hi baobab, Hope you will get it soon.
I went today to FO with infopass and asked about my case,they said it takes time and my officer did not make decision yet,so as you say Patience.
Thanks, I am positive we will receive it in the end. I do not need the GC in the very near future. It is just the uncertainty about my case and the doubt about the competence of my FO that bothers me.

yes indeed it was one of the happiest moments I experienced here in US. I hope I can find a good job after graduation and after my trip home. Good luck with your case baobab.
I bet it was a happy moment when you saw it. I hope it serves you well in your job search and in your travels.

Congrats,Natta.Yes, you are so smart and trying to help to everyone in here.I am sure you will get good job.
And when you are planning to go back home?
yes indeed it was one of the happiest moments I experienced here in US. I hope I can find a good job after graduation and after my trip home. Good luck with your case baobab.

if you were told at your interview that your case will be approved then wait for your green card. It should arrive in 2 weeks and you would not need the AP or EAD. Otherwise specify what they told you at your interview, set up your signature please.
Hope this helps.

My application was based on 2011 DV lottery and I had the interview yesterday

Last edited by a moderator:
I think being able to travel or visit home is the best part of it. I am so looking forward to it. :)

Sorry that you are slightly stressed out my friend, one can only pray in these situations. I'll have you in my thoughts. I am sure you will get something soon either CPO or may be the welcome letter. good luck

Thanks, I am positive we will receive it in the end. I do not need the GC in the very near future. It is just the uncertainty about my case and the doubt about the competence of my FO that bothers me.

Thank you Khayat. I received notifications of updated status tonight. My EAD has been ordered for production. At least that's a positive move forward.

Thanks to everyone here. In the short time I have been a member, I have learnt a lot about the benefits of social networking. It was so re-assuring. I am happy to tell you all that at midnight all my status changed online to card production and so I only have issues with USPS and not USCIS now. Good luck to all that are still waiting. You will surely get there.

For those who already filed:

Was your online status at the "Initial Review" stage or at the "Acceptance" stage before moving to CPO ?

Thanks to everyone here. In the short time I have been a member, I have learnt a lot about the benefits of social networking. It was so re-assuring. I am happy to tell you all that at midnight all my status changed online to card production and so I only have issues with USPS and not USCIS now. Good luck to all that are still waiting. You will surely get there.

So your I485 changed to CPO as well? That is good to hear. You did not have to wait too long. Congrats.

For those who already filed:

Was your online status at the "Initial Review" stage or at the "Acceptance" stage before moving to CPO ?

I am not sure if you are interested in people whose status did not move to CPO, but mine has been in Acceptance all along.

Thanks, you make me blush :), I plan to go home in june , after my graduation as this is my last semester and I am doing an internship and after I come back I will start searching for a job.
Congrats,Natta.Yes, you are so smart and trying to help to everyone in here.I am sure you will get good job.
And when you are planning to go back home?

@lucky2011

before my status went to CPO (at the interview date), I got an email that my status is in "initial review". so I think that this means that an officer is currently investigating your file.