• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Congratulations luganskman on receiving your interview letter! I am still waiting for mine. If anyone from Boston received the interview letter, please let me know.

No interview letter for me neither. I'm in Boston too. I'll post when the interview letter arrives. And you please do the same as well.

Congratulations Luganskman with receiving Interview Letter & Natta with receiving GC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks baobab,yes I submitted the medicals too.
By the way,wish you good luck for your interview today,bring some good news,my friend.
Better late than never :)
Were you able to submit a copy of the medicals as well, or did you get them from the court?
It may take some time until they review the case again. I do not know all the details of your case, but it looks like everything will be fine.

You are welcome Natta. To prove myself that the GC does make a difference, I bought ticket to my home country :)) So I can fly and enter without hassle (hopefully). Other than the feeling of freedom inside, nothing much changed in daily life :)
tHANKS lIPNA, how is your life after the GC?

I just got an approval text and email for AP- 2 weeks too late, hence I couldn't travel for christmas and New Year's. Things are moving though so the interview letter is all I'm waiting for now.

Happy New Year everyone! hope this will be the lucky year for all of us.

I'll most likely become current in March so i'm going to mail in I-485 next week immediately after the bulletin becomes available. I'm also planning international travel end of this month (i'm on L1 so no issues with reentry). However i have to be in the US at the date of I-485 filing for it to be valid, and there is no way to find out what the filing date is until you get the receipt from USCIS. So the question is, what is typical timeframe to get the receipt and what is typical lag between I-485 date of delivery to Lock Box and official USCIS I-485 filing date, from your experiences?

Form: I 134

Some confusions came up while filling up the form. Can anyone please help me out?

#7: I have a company given Life insurance but not sure what to mention for 'With a cash surrender value of'
#11 My wife is with me here in USA. Which one should I pick intent or do not intent

Someone who has also filled this form can please help me.

voxx,

You can find out how long it took, for the people on this forum, from the day the AOS package was delivered to the day when their checks were cashed or when they received their notification in the spreadsheet. However, the day that USCIS considers the I-485 to have been filed is not evident in the spreadsheet. For me, my NOA indicated the filing date to be three days after my AOS package was delivered.

As for traveling, I do not think that it is a good idea unless you also apply for Advanced Parole(AP) and receive it before you travel. I believe your I-485 is considered abandoned if you travel outside the US without AP. Other members can chime in if this is incorrect.

Happy New Year everyone! hope this will be the lucky year for all of us.

I'll most likely become current in March so i'm going to mail in I-485 next week immediately after the bulletin becomes available. I'm also planning international travel end of this month (i'm on L1 so no issues with reentry). However i have to be in the US at the date of I-485 filing for it to be valid, and there is no way to find out what the filing date is until you get the receipt from USCIS. So the question is, what is typical timeframe to get the receipt and what is typical lag between I-485 date of delivery to Lock Box and official USCIS I-485 filing date, from your experiences?

Dear friends,

I'm back here to report on my interview this morning, in Philadelphia. It was very short - probably between 10 and 15 minutes. The female officer was nice but very short and dry, there was no room for small talk. First I took the oath and then she asked for the I94, passport and birth certificate (no word on the affidavit of support, though) . Afterwards she went through the main form and checked the basic info (name, address, parents' names, DOB, SSN, date of last arrival, place, addresses in the US, etc.) and asked me those yes/no questions. And that was it! She then said that I would get an answer during the next 4-6 weeks. It wasn't clear what kind of answer, which made me nervous, so I pushed for something more concrete and asked whether the response was going to be an envelope and she said "yes, the card is usually mailed in an envelope." "So, it will be a card," I said, to which she replied "yes" with no other comment. We shook hands and said a polite good bye. Honestly, the end was a little bit weird since she would have left me go without saying a clear word ... and I expected it. I was torn on my way home but the USCIS website shows that my case moved to the card production status. I guess this is good news, isn't it? I wish you all patience on this thorny road and the best of luck in everything you're doing.

Sincerely yours, Tahoe.

CN 2011EU3XXX, AOS
4/25/2010 received 1st NL
5/3/2010 sent ds230, 122 to KCC
6/10/2010 medicals finished
6/14/2010 received 2nd NL
6/17/2010 sent $375 DOS check
6/25/2010 received 1st DOS receipt
8/2/2010 sent $65 DOS check
8/10/2010 received 2nd DOS check
10/01/2010 AOS package sent to Chicago
10/04/2010 AOS package delievered
10/15/2010 USCIS acceptance confirmation
10/15/2010 check cashed
10/19/2010 I-797 letter received
10/25/2010 bioemtrics notice (I-797C) received
11/16/2010 biometrics appt.
1/06/2011 interview

Awesome news, Congrats, you are on the other side now :)
P.S. where is baobab, hope his interview was smooth as well.

Dear friends,

I'm back here to report on my interview this morning, in Philadelphia. It was very short - probably between 10 and 15 minutes. The female officer was nice but very short and dry, there was no room for small talk. First I took the oath and then she asked for the I94, passport and birth certificate (no word on the affidavit of support, though) . Afterwards she went through the main form and checked the basic info (name, address, parents' names, DOB, SSN, date of last arrival, place, addresses in the US, etc.) and asked me those yes/no questions. And that was it! She then said that I would get an answer during the next 4-6 weeks. It wasn't clear what kind of answer, which made me nervous, so I pushed for something more concrete and asked whether the response was going to be an envelope and she said "yes, the card is usually mailed in an envelope." "So, it will be a card," I said, to which she replied "yes" with no other comment. We shook hands and said a polite good bye. Honestly, the end was a little bit weird since she would have left me go without saying a clear word ... and I expected it. I was torn on my way home but the USCIS website shows that my case moved to the card production status. I guess this is good news, isn't it? I wish you all patience on this thorny road and the best of luck in everything you're doing.

Sincerely yours, Tahoe.

CN 2011EU3XXX, AOS
4/25/2010 received 1st NL
5/3/2010 sent ds230, 122 to KCC
6/10/2010 medicals finished
6/14/2010 received 2nd NL
6/17/2010 sent $375 DOS check
6/25/2010 received 1st DOS receipt
8/2/2010 sent $65 DOS check
8/10/2010 received 2nd DOS check
10/01/2010 AOS package sent to Chicago
10/04/2010 AOS package delievered
10/15/2010 USCIS acceptance confirmation
10/15/2010 check cashed
10/19/2010 I-797 letter received
10/25/2010 bioemtrics notice (I-797C) received
11/16/2010 biometrics appt.
1/06/2011 interview

You can find out how long it took, for the people on this forum, from the day the AOS package was delivered to the day when their checks were cashed or when they received their notification in the spreadsheet. However, the day that USCIS considers the I-485 to have been filed is not evident in the spreadsheet. For me, my NOA indicated the filing date to be three days after my AOS package was delivered.

Thank you for the link, this is very helpful.

As for the travel, from what I know as long as there is a valid visa you can travel without advanced parole while I-485 is pending.

Congratulations tahoe!! That is great news..

I was very interested to read your interview experience since you seem to be the only other one here with the same FO. I guess your IO could have been better but what matters is the end result. It was also nice to know that she didn't look for your affidavit of support. BTW, are you on F-1 and did she ask for W2's?

While AP is required for travel outside the US while the I485 is pending for most cases, it seems it is not required for those with the 'L' visa (link). So you are correct that you should be able to travel and re-enter without AP.

Thank you for the link, this is very helpful.

As for the travel, from what I know as long as there is a valid visa you can travel without advanced parole while I-485 is pending.

So you are writing the affidavit for your wife? For 11 you could check either intend or do not intend, but you must specify how you intend to support her if you choose the former (e.g., room and board). For 7 I honestly don't know what to tell you, it's your insurance. Maybe this is a question for your insurance company.

Form: I 134

Some confusions came up while filling up the form. Can anyone please help me out?

#7: I have a company given Life insurance but not sure what to mention for 'With a cash surrender value of'
#11 My wife is with me here in USA. Which one should I pick intent or do not intent

Someone who has also filled this form can please help me.