• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hey guys,
In my interview letter they asking me to bring 'sworn affidavits from YOUR parent/family members regarding their knowledge of your marriage'.
Is anybody have an idea how it should look like?
That was in second page of my letter and my son and my wife got the same. Seams to me that this some type of template from USCIS, but anyway I think that me and my wife should bring that type of 'sworn affidavits'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sundaram, nncu, zahidal, R2010, khayat, thanks for your words.

Oh man, that must have been frustrating! They must have just forgot about you or ignored the unofficial looking letter. But it's all good in the end, you are done with this stage and will be getting your GC soon. Congrats! (By the way, did you drive all the way from Knoxville? TN is the longest state ever!)
I really was until I inquired about my appointment. When they could not find the letter, I realized that I could have stayed there all day and I did not know who to blame at that point. The fact that they apologized instead of acting like it is not their fault, also helped to relieve the tension.

Congratulations tahoe and baobab!

I have a baby and it would be very tough to manage her for such a long time in the queue. Hope in my case I will not have to wait such a long time :)
I do not think you have to worry about this. I did not hear of any other case like this.
I think somebody threw away that plain paper without reading it. The paper was also a bit crimped when I put it in the drop box.

You'll get CPO soon, some busy offices sometimes report the CPOs in packages.
I know, I am not really worried or in a hurry now. He was unambiguous about the acceptance. He did not say "we will let you know". I will update here when I get the CPO or if I get the welcome letter.

Good luck to those still waiting for the interview letter. Some offices take longer to schedule the interviews, but they will eventually do it.

Hi all,

Congrats to everybody who had successful interview. just an update on ours - we went for our interview. Were asked to bring an affidavit that we are gainfully employed from our employer. And our education proof.
Arrived at the USCIS, dropped in our letter, we were called at 8 am and went to an interview room.
The officer asked us spell our names, our parents' name, spent 15 mins or so on the computer while we sat quietly by. Asked us the standard questions about drugs, trafficking, etc and then went back to the computer.
After which, he said everything looked good and we should be getting our card in 7 - 10 days. Thank gOd!
We received an email immediately after that said we are in card production now and if we didn't hear back in 30 days to contact them.
We are so grateful to everybody in this forum for all your advice! Thank you all and best of luck to all.

Dear all,

I stayed at San Antonio for 3 days and that's why I'm posting late.
my appointment was at 8:30 am and my name was called at 9 am. unlike the other smiling officers which I saw that calling other persons for interview, the officer was very formal and disciplined. you remember that KCC told me that my file has not been transferred but it actually was and the officer had read my file completely! I mean every line of my file with all supporting documents. at first he asked me how I had become familiar with the DV Lottery. before I come to US or after that. I told him after that. and then he asked for my driving license, social security card and passport and make a copy of them. he then asked all the information that I've provided in my file with lots of side questions which took about 15-20 minutes. for example he asked if I've ever lied to someone that I'm US citizen. and then he asked about my annual salary. I told him that I'm getting this amount per month, then he asked what I'm going to do after my graduation. he told me if I'm going to stay in Texas or other state after graduation. I never had such a feeling that everything is going smoothly and he is going to accept my case. after the questions he told me that 2 of my 3 background checks are cleared but the other one is not yet. and I must wait until he gets the other one. he told that it might take 4-5 days. but at last he said I'll approve your case whenever I get the clearance. and that was all. after 2 hours from interview I got a massage that my status has been updated to "card production". so I do not know if he's gotten my clearance within this two hours or sth else has happened.
does anyone know if "card production" mean that I'm going to get my card or it might be due to my interview.

I congratulate to those who had successful interviews.

best

Congrats Js7. I was getting worried about you. "Card Production Order" means exactly what it says. Your GC has been approved and is currently being produced. You should receive it very soon.

Dear all,

my appointment was at 8:30 am and my name was called at 9 am. unlike the other smiling officers which I saw that calling other persons for interview, the officer was very formal and disciplined. you remember that KCC told me that my file has not been transferred but it actually was and the officer had read my file completely! I mean every line of my file with all supporting documents. at first he asked me how I had become familiar with the DV Lottery. before I come to US or after that. I told him after that. and then he asked for my driving license, social security card and passport and make a copy of them. he then asked all the information that I've provided in my file with lots of side questions which took about 15-20 minutes. for example he asked if I've ever lied to someone that I'm US citizen. and then he asked about my annual salary. I told him that I'm getting this amount per month, then he asked what I'm going to do after my graduation. he told me if I'm going to stay in Texas or other state after graduation. I never had such a feeling that everything is going smoothly and he is going to accept my case. after the questions he told me that 2 of my 3 background checks are cleared but the other one is not yet. and I must wait until he gets the other one. he told that it might take 4-5 days. but at last he said I'll approve your case whenever I get the clearance. and that was all. after 2 hours from interview I got a massage that my status has been updated to "card production". so I do not know if he's gotten my clearance within this two hours or sth else has happened.
does anyone know if "card production" mean that I'm going to get my card or it might be due to my interview.

best

congrats JS7, CPO is done when your i-485 is approved. the moment it is approved you are considered a legal permanent resident.
you are in the other side my friend. good luck :)

Dear all,

best

Js7, did he ask for affidavit of support? What documents did your interview letter ask for you to bring?

Guys, yesterday I received the long-waited biomx notice, but just one on my name. I filed I-485 for me and my wife. Does anybody know should we expect one more notice for my wife or just bring this one to ASC?

Congrats for finally getting the biometrics. I dont understand why it took so long to get it if you filled in October. I am really surprised as you are the only one to get it sooo late. Good luck with your process.

Guys, yesterday I received the long-waited biomx notice, but just one on my name. I filed I-485 for me and my wife. Does anybody know should we expect one more notice for my wife or just bring this one to ASC?

@feel

no he did not ask for affidavit. for the documents I have mentioned. 1. any immigration documents including I-94 2. original documents of any file that a copy has been sent instead. and no attached paper.
hope you will do well for interview.

Fees and Visa ending

I'm confused. I want to pay the fee for DOS. There are two fees (one for $305 and one for $440) listed on the website. Do I pay both? I am planning to do cashier's check, so they don't have to cash the check first, instead can send the receipt immediately. I have everything else completed for my I-485 application.

I am doing AOS, however my status ends at the end of February (case current in February). I'm planning to send my application late January/beginning February. Will this be sufficient time to enter the pending status category?

How long does it take to get the EAD and travel authorization?

I hope someone can help. Thank you!

Hi peanut,

you need to pay 440$ for each person doing AOS. you need to send that asap since it might take them 3-4 weeks to send you back the receipt.
from the limited information you mentioned I would say you'l be fine if you apply for AOS before the end of your non immigrant status ie. end of Jan. The moment your application is accepted you can stay in US legally until a decision is made.

sometimes EAD or AP does not show up before the GC. people who got their EAD card this year got it a week or two before getting their GC.

take the time to read over this forum, you'll get all your answers.

I'm confused. I want to pay the fee for DOS. There are two fees (one for $305 and one for $440) listed on the website. Do I pay both? I am planning to do cashier's check, so they don't have to cash the check first, instead can send the receipt immediately. I have everything else completed for my I-485 application.

I am doing AOS, however my status ends at the end of February (case current in February). I'm planning to send my application late January/beginning February. Will this be sufficient time to enter the pending status category?

How long does it take to get the EAD and travel authorization?

I hope someone can help. Thank you!

Hi peanut,

you need to pay 440$ for each person doing AOS. you need to send that asap since it might take them 3-4 weeks to send you back the receipt.
from the limited information you mentioned I would say you'l be fine if you apply for AOS before the end of your non immigrant status ie. end of Jan. The moment your application is accepted you can stay in US legally until a decision is made.

sometimes EAD or AP does not show up before the GC. people who got their EAD card this year got it a week or two before getting their GC.

take the time to read over this forum, you'll get all your answers.

Wow, that was quick! Great, thank you! I've seen different amounts for the DOS fee, therefore I wanted to double check. There is not much talk about the EAD; I've seen some listed in member's time-lines for the process duration. Thank you very much!

Congrats for finally getting the biometrics. I dont understand why it took so long to get it if you filled in October. I am really surprised as you are the only one to get it sooo late. Good luck with your process.

Thank you natta! But this situation is getting more interested :) My attorney told me that my wife should receive a separate appointment notice. So most likely we will get fingerprinted in different time. That's kinda weird...

Hi Guys,

I have a question, since my case number is high, do you recommend to get an attorney for filing AOS? are they good at it? and how much does it cost normally?

Thanks

You can pretty much find all answers concerning AOS filing in this forum. Plus, most immigration attorneys are not very familiar with the DV AOS process. So be careful because I remember one lawyer who nearly destroyed someone's case because he filed it too early (before his CN became current). Whether you have a high or low case number, the rule is the same. And if you were to get an attorney, it should not be because you have a high case number, but rather, I believe, because you will be filing for AOS right after changing your immigration status to H1B. Best of Luck !!!

Hi Guys,

I have a question, since my case number is high, do you recommend to get an attorney for filing AOS? are they good at it? and how much does it cost normally?

Thanks