• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

HEY everyone, i'm from france and i've got a question...

i played the DV2011 and got selected. My interview at the american embassy in Paris is on February 24... yay huh ! i've got all my docs ready and appt with the doctor is scheduled.

but i'm kinda worried and confused... (yeah let's say i'm scared)

it's because of my diploma
i've got a "baccalaureat professionnel"... which is a vocational high school diploma (mine is in the secretary domain)
and on their website they say
" Vocational degrees that are not considered a basis for further academic study will not be considered equivalent to U.S. high school education."

does that mean i'm screwed ?? please tell me i'm still in...

thanks y'all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
wow Gaellet.. this is a tough one! This is my two cents.. there is not much you can do at this point so get you vocational hS evaluated by these foreign credential evalutions web sites. If it is indeed equivalent to US HS that take the evaluation along with the diploma to the interview..here a website example of many:
http://www.evaluationworld.com
Anyone else got sugestions??

/
HEY everyone, i'm from france and i've got a question...

i played the DV2011 and got selected. My interview at the american embassy in Paris is on February 24... yay huh ! i've got all my docs ready and appt with the doctor is scheduled.

but i'm kinda worried and confused... (yeah let's say i'm scared)

it's because of my diploma
i've got a "baccalaureat professionnel"... which is a vocational high school diploma (mine is in the secretary domain)
and on their website they say
" Vocational degrees that are not considered a basis for further academic study will not be considered equivalent to U.S. high school education."

does that mean i'm screwed ?? please tell me i'm still in...

thanks y'all :)

hey

wow Gaellet.. this is a tough one! This is my two cents.. there is not much you can do at this point so get you vocational hS evaluated by these foreign credential evalutions web sites. If it is indeed equivalent to US HS that take the evaluation along with the diploma to the interview..here a website example of many:

Anyone else got sugestions??

/

lol i can't afford all those things, exams online or whatever that is

but my diploma is still a high school diploma ! a vocational one but a HS
there are other vocational degrees here that are not HSD...
with mine, i can go to any college/university i want !

so i'm ok, right ?

lol so stressed !

Quick Question Guys: Does Civil Surgeon includes lab test report along with the I-693 form or it is just the form itself? What about X-ray report if needed? Thanks for any info.

My civil surgeon did include the lab test report along with I-693 in the sealed envelope. There should be no harm in doing so. If you are asked to do X-ray, the civil surgeon will just read your Chest X-ray scanned images and check "Normal" or "Abnormal" on your I-693 form

Quick Question Guys: Does Civil Surgeon includes lab test report along with the I-693 form or it is just the form itself? What about X-ray report if needed? Thanks for any info.

mine was not included. just I-693. you can also request a copy of COMPLETED I-693 form from the surgeon if you want.

Hey,

It seems that for most of the applicants who already filed I-485, their online statuses were at the "Acceptance" stage before moving to CPO. However, mine is currently on the "Initial Review" stage. It was never on "Acceptance".

Is there anyone who already filed AOS and had his/her online status at the "Initial Review" stage? Please let me know, I just want to make sure I'm not alone in this.

I'm bracing for some painful waiting time for my biometrics notice to arrive because apparently the north Houston ASC currently has a pretty heavy backlog.

Best to everyone,

Gaellet,

Don't be stressed. You've answered your own question. Since you can go to the college/university with your diploma you're totally fine. Don't hung up on a "vocational" word. If you diploma in language other than English you may even translate it to English as High School Diploma. If you want some piece of mind take the others' recommendations and evaluate your diploma in the US according to the US standards. If you have any further education, i.e. college/university this is another prove your HS diploma will be accepted.

lol i can't afford all those things, exams online or whatever that is

but my diploma is still a high school diploma ! a vocational one but a HS
there are other vocational degrees here that are not HSD...
with mine, i can go to any college/university i want !

so i'm ok, right ?

lol so stressed !

hey

Gaellet,

Don't be stressed. You've answered your own question. Since you can go to the college/university with your diploma you're totally fine. Don't hung up on a "vocational" word. If you diploma in language other than English you may even translate it to English as High School Diploma. If you want some piece of mind take the others' recommendations and evaluate your diploma in the US according to the US standards. If you have any further education, i.e. college/university this is another prove your HS diploma will be accepted.

no i didn't go to college/university, i wasn't interested here in france but later in the future, when i'm (if i am) in the US, i'll sure go to college to be a french teacher

the whole vocational thingy made me so confused because of that :

but you say i'm good... so sheewww thanks i'm kinda relieved !

thank you !

Given that December had several holidays, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out on Friday afternoon instead.

This month it takes them extra time, they are very busy....
maybe it is good news on progression but i doubt it.
Most likely bad news and no movement....

Hello everyone. Lurker and Willowher,you guys have any news??? Mine is still silent,I will wait this week then if not I make infopass app.