• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Yeah go ahead and make an infopass....I think it's been a while that you had your interview.

Hello everyone. Lurker and Willowher,you guys have any news??? Mine is still silent,I will wait this week then if not I make infopass app.

@lucky2011

It seems that for most of the applicants who already filed I-485, their online statuses were at the "Acceptance" stage before moving to CPO. However, mine is currently on the "Initial Review" stage. It was never on "Acceptance".

Amazingly my case status has also been in "Initial Review" for quite some time and I am also yet to see my Biometrics Notice in the mail. My file was transferred to the Irving, Tx field office on 12/29/10 so Im probably facing the same backlog that you are. Can you shed any light on this.

Hey Lucky how did you find out that North Houston ASC is back logged?
Do not worry. It's too early at this point. I think you should receive your letter by next week..Chill!!

Hey,

It seems that for most of the applicants who already filed I-485, their online statuses were at the "Acceptance" stage before moving to CPO. However, mine is currently on the "Initial Review" stage. It was never on "Acceptance".

Is there anyone who already filed AOS and had his/her online status at the "Initial Review" stage? Please let me know, I just want to make sure I'm not alone in this.

I'm bracing for some painful waiting time for my biometrics notice to arrive because apparently the north Houston ASC currently has a pretty heavy backlog.

Best to everyone,

Guys,

I am planning to do an infopass tomorrow. For anyone who have done it, what documents do I need to bring for infopass? Thanks a lot guys.

keepkeep

Good to know I'm not alone in this. ASCs in Texas metro areas (Houston, Dallas) are apparently experiencing some serious backlog that could take up to 3 months for one to receive his/her bio appt letter :( I read that on the trackitt forum.

Docusync, for example received his bio appointment letter at the North Dallas ASC last Saturday which is nearly 3 months after receiving his NOAs.

A USCIS representative that I reached on the phone yesterday told me that you can make a service request for biometrics appointment 30 days after receipt of NOA. So wheetiebix, for your case, go ahead and call the USCIS customer line on Friday which would be 30 days after your NOA receipt. Service requests are generally designed to expedite an unusually long process, but sometimes and quite generally, USCIS will just tell you to be patient and wait.

We're in this together. Let me know when you eventually receive your bio letter.

@lucky2011

Amazingly my case status has also been in "Initial Review" for quite some time and I am also yet to see my Biometrics Notice in the mail. My file was transferred to the Irving, Tx field office on 12/29/10 so Im probably facing the same backlog that you are. Can you shed any light on this.

Hey Lucky how did you find out that North Houston ASC is back logged?
Do not worry. It's too early at this point. I think you should receive your letter by next week..Chill!!

I found out on trackitt.com at this link. Some guy had his bio appointment at the Houston ASC 100+ days after filing, which kinda terrifies me.

Hey Guys,

Below 17200 is for Asia in March, congratulates to those who are current. finger crossing for my number.

Gaelle, if you have 12 years of education completed I think that equivalates to US high school. Most vocational schools are 2-3 years beyond middle school (so after 8th grade). What about using the work requirement for DV eligibility? You said you were not interested in college, so I assume you got a job after high school. If you worked for at least 2 years in the last 5 years you are good to go:

"The principal diversity visa applicant must have a high school education, or its equivalent, or two years of qualifying work experience, under provisions of United States (U.S.) law.

High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the U.S.

Work Experience: If you are qualifying with work experience, you must have two years of experience in the last five years, in an occupation which, by U.S. Department of Labor definitions, requires at least two years of training or experience that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher."

You can read more here.

Good luck.

no i didn't go to college/university, i wasn't interested here in france but later in the future, when i'm (if i am) in the US, i'll sure go to college to be a french teacher

the whole vocational thingy made me so confused because of that :
" Vocational degrees that are not considered a basis for further academic study will not be considered equivalent to U.S. high school education."

but you say i'm good... so sheewww thanks i'm kinda relieved !

thank you !

Are you sure it is 17200 for AS for March? How did you get this information?

my friend contacted to KCC and received following,

KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of March below 17,200.

I am not sure about it until I see it in visa bulltein probably tonight.

Yes you are right. Visa Bulletin is Officially Out now....

my friend contacted to KCC and received following,

KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of March below 17,200.

I am not sure about it until I see it in visa bulltein probably tonight.

Hi - I have a question to you all. I am current in March. I have H-1 B and my 3 year is up in August 2011. Should I apply for Employment Authorization? Is I-765for that purpose? Is I-765 for everyone or for those who need employment authorization before the GC? I am sorry if what I am asking is confusing and doesn't make sense. Thank you all.

Guys,

I am planning to do an infopass tomorrow. For anyone who have done it, what documents do I need to bring for infopass? Thanks a lot guys.

keepkeep

You need take with you infopass appointment confirmation(just print what you saw on the screen), any your ID with your photo on it, 1 NL and other document that you received from gov.

You should be fine without applying for EAD. Please go though previous posts in this forum..there is a huge data-bank for all of us....Best!

Hi - I have a question to you all. I am current in March. I have H-1 B and my 3 year is up in August 2011. Should I apply for Employment Authorization? Is I-765for that purpose? Is I-765 for everyone or for those who need employment authorization before the GC? I am sorry if what I am asking is confusing and doesn't make sense. Thank you all.

EU is 20450 in March. Congrats to those that are current.

AFRICA 31,950 Except: Egypt 24,275
Ethiopia 18,650
Nigeria 13,100

ASIA 17,200
EUROPE 20,450
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 900
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,025

Holy !%$#@.. I'm current.

Guys, did any one of you submit the Advance Parole document? If yes, can you confirm that most fields in form I-131 don't apply to us and we must add a paper explaining the situation? What did you include in the paper?

I know the below info has been discussed previously. Please refresh my memory:
- Should the electronic notification be the first document in my package or the biographic info?
- I have personal checks with my old address on them. Do you think this might cause a problem?

Guess tonight's gonna be a long night for me!

Thanks

Congrats on being current. I haven't applied for AP, so I can't answer it.

- The G-1145 electronic notification form should be the first form in your package. In other words, when the IO opens your package, the G-1145 form should be the first document he/she sees.

- I also submitted a personal check with my old address on it. And I was just fine. It got cashed smoothly. Just be sure you have the correct account number and routing number on the check. Also, make sure it is in the amount of $1,070.

Best of luck !

Holy !%$#@.. I'm current.

Guys, did any one of you submit the Advance Parole document? If yes, can you confirm that most fields in form I-131 don't apply to us and we must add a paper explaining the situation? What did you include in the paper?

I know the below info has been discussed previously. Please refresh my memory:
- Should the electronic notification be the first document in my package or the biographic info?
- I have personal checks with my old address on them. Do you think this might cause a problem?

Guess tonight's gonna be a long night for me!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally I got my 2nd NL. Now, I know my case number (my 1st NL was missing). However, I need to send DV fee. I have some questions regarding sending DV fee. Friendz, please help me.
a) Can I send Bank check?
b) If so, what should be written on "pay to" of the check? Should it be "US department of state, Diversity visa program"?
c) I don't have any bank account. Can my spouse send the DV fee in favor of both of us?
d) As the address is a PO box, should I send it via general postal service?

Please help me about the issues. I will be really grateful.

Gaelle, if you have 12 years of education completed I think that equivalates to US high school. Most vocational schools are 2-3 years beyond middle school (so after 8th grade). What about using the work requirement for DV eligibility? You said you were not interested in college, so I assume you got a job after high school. If you worked for at least 2 years in the last 5 years you are good to go:

"The principal diversity visa applicant must have a high school education, or its equivalent, or two years of qualifying work experience, under provisions of United States (U.S.) law.

High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the U.S.

Work Experience: If you are qualifying with work experience, you must have two years of experience in the last five years, in an occupation which, by U.S. Department of Labor definitions, requires at least two years of training or experience that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher."

Good luck.

hey there

well i did my vocational high school diploma in one year because i had the level of a general one (failed it to 0.20 points).
While doing my vocational diploma i was working so i only got one year of work experience.

but i mean, having my vocational high school diploma means that i've completed secondary school, so i'm good, i hope...