• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Where is everyone? It is so quite around here lately. Is everyone busy with work and school, or just nothing to say.
Izzy where are you?

Hi Guys.
I had my biometrics appointment for today. pretty easy process, it took like 15 minutes for both of us, me and my husband. We had code 3 biometrics, so they took fingerptints for both hands and then each finger separate, they also took our signiture and photo as well, and we were done in no time. Now waiting for the interview to be scheduled. Good luck everyone.

I'm very happy for you that your biometrics went smooth with no problems or delays.

Currently planning for my biometrics on Tuesday.

Why do you need to send AOS package to Chicago?

Hi everyone,
I got my second letter today and my number is 2011EU00001XXX.
In the letter it says;
"You MUST submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status. You may apply to USCIS for adjustment of status from October 1, 2010 until September 30, 2011."

In the letter it does not say that I need to contact to Chicago.
Why did everyone send his/her AoS package to Chicago?

I live in Salt Lake City, Utah and there is a USCIS office in Salt Lake City. Should I contact to USCIS in SLC or somewhere else?

Second, the letter does not mention about the medical and other things.
Where can I learn the things I need to do at this moment?

I really appreciate if you can answer.

Thank you.

Thanks sundaram!

Congrats to Tuscany!!! I think we are missing a few people here who might have gotten NoAs...what happened to Frenchie and lisa6 (off the top of my head...) I wonder.

Yo WINNERS!!!!!!

NOA: received on October 12
Letter of appointment for biometric: received on october 15, biometric appointment on November 10!

Izzy, thank you so much for your thought. I ve been busy as hell!! but I AM BACK!!! am catching up on my reading!!!
I am so happy it is going so well for you!!!!
hug

Congrats! Izzy, I suppose you also had an A-number when you were filing, right? I'm just trying to confirm that it is indeed faster if you had previous applications with USCIS.

Hey Lucky,

I am still catching up with my reading but so far, I know my case seems to go as fast as Izzy. I never had any A-number before, first time dealing with USCIS, i hope my reponse is helpful to you and others
best of luck

Khayat,

I apologize for asking this so late in this whole process but I just can't get over my curiosity over your gender (plus all the others)...LOL since you know there has been much confusion lately...I would like to think that you are a guy but I may be wrong...I just wanted to get to know my pals better...so, so far i think:
Tuscany is a guy (90% positive)
Feel is a guy (100% positive)
Natta is a gal (100% positive) :D
sundaram is a guy (90%)
Lucky is a guy (50%)...sorry :(
keepkeep is a guy (not sure)...:(
Frenchie is a guy (90%)
nncu is a gal (50%)
zahidal is a guy...
dalerpulatov (I have no idea)...
reptile (guy?)
umuteren (guy?)
and anyone else I missed...please let us know, I can only remember a handful at this time....

Sorry, if its too personal for a question but I just wanted to be able to address a person correctly...

Hope y'all don't mind...:) :) :)

Izzy!!!!!
I am a GAL ;) !!!!!!
hug

Hello All....

I received the receipt from DoS for the payment of $375 on 7/5/10 stating "PAID". Do I need to send an additional $65 if I already have the receipt.

Hi everyone,
In the letter it says;
"You MUST submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status. You may apply to USCIS for adjustment of status from October 1, 2010 until September 30, 2011."

I live in Salt Lake City, Utah and there is a USCIS office in Salt Lake City. Should I contact to USCIS in SLC or somewhere else?

Thank you.

i suggest you read the 2010 and 2011 aos only threads from the very beginning to learn the process. we all went thru it. your questions are very basic ... which can be answered by reading the threads.

Hi everyone,

Hi mista,

You may contact the local USCIS office if you feel like. They will give you a bunch of expired forms and tell you to submit your AOS package to Chicago.

Or you can skip that, and read the instructions on the USCIS website. The website mentions all the forms that you have to submit. There are additional links on the right side where you can download the most recent versions of the forms, instructions about how to assemble the package and where to send it.

You may also read the second post of this thread as it gives you an example of a typical cover letter that people used in the past where you can see the type of documents they sent.

And of course, read through the AOS 2010 and AOS 2011 threads as much as you can. You'll learn a lot about the process.

Good luck.

Great to hear about your smooth biometrics process, natta. Hope rest of the process goes fast and smooth as this :) I still haven't received any letter for biometrics yet, I am in NY, may be its relatively slow here :(

Hi Guys.
I had my biometrics appointment for today. pretty easy process, it took like 15 minutes for both of us, me and my husband. We had code 3 biometrics, so they took fingerptints for both hands and then each finger separate, they also took our signiture and photo as well, and we were done in no time. Now waiting for the interview to be scheduled. Good luck everyone.

Hey mista,

I would suggest reading the INSTRUCTIONS for form I-485 to start with. That should tell you what supporting documents are MANDATORY and where to send your application!

Best,
N.

Hi everyone,
In the letter it says;

Thank you.

Hello Lipna,

I am also from Bangladesh. Looks like we are now two in number in this forum. Wish you and all good luck...

baobab,

Thank you so much for your consoling words. I finally got the acceptance today after long wait of course.Its really hard to wait...

I am sorry to hear that. Give it a few more days. You either get it, or you receive your NOA by snail mail, or in the worst case scenario they return your package.
There is no final rejection at this step. In the worst case you would have to refile and they obviously did not cash your check.
Since you used a lawyer, did he/she file a G-1145 form for you?

I understand your worries. I had them as well. In fact, it was more the uncertainty if the package will be returned or not.

Hey guys, so I had the biometrics done yesterday and today I was re-reading through the 2010 AOS only and saw some cases when they had the interview but were nor aproved on the spot as the file was not requested by the office in time from KCC. So i decided to call KCC today and ask if our local office requested our file and they said the the file was requested yesterday ( probably after the biometrics) and I also asked about the interview date if they know if it was scheduled and they say that the field office schedules the interview depending on availablety. So fingers crossed and checking my mail every day :)

Hey natta,

Congrats, You are one step closer now, and thanks for sharing.

Hey guys, so I had the biometrics done yesterday and today I was re-reading through the 2010 AOS only and saw some cases when they had the interview but were nor aproved on the spot as the file was not requested by the office in time from KCC. So i decided to call KCC today and ask if our local office requested our file and they said the the file was requested yesterday ( probably after the biometrics) and I also asked about the interview date if they know if it was scheduled and they say that the field office schedules the interview depending on availablety. So fingers crossed and checking my mail every day :)

hey Natta,

I did not totally understand what you say "they had the interview but were nor aproved on the spot as the file was not requested by the office in time from KCC". they had an appointment for interview but were not accepted at interview as the KCC had not had sent their file in time? could you please explain more.

thanks

Some offices schedule the interview without requesting the files from KCC. So when the aplicant goes for the interview, the IO does not have their files from KCC and they only conduct the interview without aproving them the same day, they wait for the files from kcc, look over and then aprove the case, so it cases a little bit longer. Our files were already requested, so when we will go for the interview they will already have the files and can take a decision right away. I hope its more clear now.

hey Natta,

I did not totally understand what you say "they had the interview but were nor aproved on the spot as the file was not requested by the office in time from KCC". they had an appointment for interview but were not accepted at interview as the KCC had not had sent their file in time? could you please explain more.

thanks