• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hey onebowlofalaska: what docs do they ask for in the letter? Does it mentions about the affidavit of support or tax documents, please share..Had you sent W2s with your AOS packet?

No, my attorney did not ask for my W2 when she sent the AOS packet.. so I'm planning to bring it together with me. I've already posted the list of documents needed above

hi all

I got NOA yesterday. I have not received any acceptance letter. the other thing is that the APT# of my address is wrong on the NOA form which might be a reason that I did not get acceptance letter. does anyone know if it's necessary to have the acceptance letter (for interview or other stuff). any suggestion

thanks

hi all

I got NOA yesterday. I have not received any acceptance letter. the other thing is that the APT# of my address is wrong on the NOA form which might be a reason that I did not get acceptance letter. does anyone know if it's necessary to have the acceptance letter (for interview or other stuff). any suggestion

thanks

Hi js7,

Not sure what acceptance letter you are referring to, but the NOA I-797C is the proof that your I-485 form was received and is being processed.

Hi js7,

Not sure what acceptance letter you are referring to, but the NOA I-797C is the proof that your I-485 form was received and is being processed.

hi

I'm really confused. I am seeing that anyone has received two letters, one for NOA and another for biometrics. is that right? but I have received one letter I-797c which my biometrics is mentioned in it.

Guys,

I'm really worried now that I still haven't got the Bio..everyone seemed to get it already..
If within 30 days I haven't got it, do you guys know what number I can call?
Thanks.

Thanks leongsce, planning to do exactly that next week... I hope they allow me to do a walk-in, anyone have any 'good reasons' to share? I'm scared they will not allow me in since my biometrics date does not match.

onebowloflaksa,
i understand that some of those who've done walkins gave the reason that they have business appointments that clash with the day of the bio notice.

This was attached to the interview notice (the interview notice simply states office location/date and hour)

Items to bring:
  1. Valid photo ID
  2. Passport
  3. Original copies of documents when photocopies were submitted with the application
  4. Original copy and a photocopy of marriage cert (if married)
  5. Original copy and photocopy of dissolution of prior marrage (if applicable)
  6. Original copy of birth cert
  7. Original copy and photo of children's birth cert (if applicable)
  8. Current employment letter (or evidence of self-employment) showing beginning date of employment, type of work, and salary or wages paid or evidence of source of income
  9. Copies of most recent three years income tax returns including W-2s (if applicable)
  10. Notarized I-134 with all supporting documents - (if applicant is unemployed, including minor children). Sponsor must be at least 18 years old and a US citizen or legal permanent resident (proof of such status must be submitted with form.
  11. Original copy of the visa fee receipt from National Visa Center (NVC)
  12. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status (if not previously submitted with the I-485 application)
  13. Any documents related to the application and the benefit being sought

I will have to speak with my attorney next week to find out exactly what I need and update again.

feel and all others who are getting ready for the interview,
normally the fo sends out the interview letter with an attachment with a list of required documents to be brought with you just like the list onebowloflaksa detailed above. it is a standard list of items. and if your i485 submission is complete, you need not have to worry about it ... otherwise they would have asked you for rfe if there were missing documents. but i do stress that sometimes when they do not ask for affidavit of support or income or asset proof, i suggest bringing such evidence with you for your interview. the ao may or may not ask for it ... better prepared than not. also remember to bring all your originals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

I'm really worried now that I still haven't got the Bio..everyone seemed to get it already..
If within 30 days I haven't got it, do you guys know what number I can call?
Thanks.

Call KCC at 606-526-7500. That was where I called and was told to call again in case I didn't get anything within 30 days. Also don't worry too much, you might just get your notices next week.

Thanks leongsce, planning to do exactly that next week... I hope they allow me to do a walk-in, anyone have any 'good reasons' to share? I'm scared they will not allow me in since my biometrics date does not match.

FYI, the threat level is 'yellow' so they only accept scheduled biometric appointments for that day (according to my Application Support Center). You would have to have a really good reason to be accepted as a walk in (which they do not officially have as an option). You could try though, they are people after all, not machines. The worst thing that could happen (apart from a 500 mile drive in vain) is them telling you to reschedule if you cannot make your appointment. However, in your case onebowl, your bio is scheduled one day after the interview, and it's not like you can't make it to it, it's just a matter of "convenience". I don't see why you would worry about doing the biometrics a few days before your interview. If you have a good interview and they approve you, your only hold will be the biometrics, which you will get out of the way the next day. You are in a more fortunate position to have been called for the interview a little over a month from becoming current. Good luck and keep us posted.

2 biometrics appointment notices

I just got another biometric appointment notice today in the mail dated on the same day as the other one (10/27) for Nov 24 which is really odd.

I looked at the first biometric appointment for Nov 10 and saw that the notice was mailed out from the local field office versus the second biometrics notice which is mailed out from NBC.

Will have to speak with my attorney and find out if I can go ahead and cancel the Nov 24th appointment since I already have an appointment for Nov 10 made by the San Jose office.

Last edited by a moderator:
Onebowloflaksa, congrats with your interview appointment! Has the status of your application been updated on the USCIS website?

Thanks Zahid. Eagerly waiting fir the bio and interview dates. I think it'll be late since am in NY and offices are expected to be very busy!
Hello Lipna,
I am also from Bangladesh. Looks like we are now two in number in this forum. Wish you and all good luck...

Awesome news!!! Congrats! Best of luck with everything. Keep us posted with your details :)

OH MY GOOOOOD EVERYONE!! I got my appointment for INTERVIEW and BIOMETRICS together!!! The odd part is that my biometrics is 1 day after my interview so I'll have to schedule an appointment with my lawyer to find out if I can go earlier for my biometrics next Monday.

The wait was worth it!

hi

I'm really confused. I am seeing that anyone has received two letters, one for NOA and another for biometrics. is that right? but I have received one letter I-797c which my biometrics is mentioned in it.

The NOA mentions the biometrics, but usually it only says that you should wait for your biometrics appointment. Does your I-797C form actually mentions the date for your biometrics appointment?
In the header of the form, does it also mentions the date when your package was received in Chicago, i.e. Oct 13 in your case?

If USCIS has a wrong apartment number for you, you should update your address with USCIS following the instructions posted here.

FYI, the threat level is 'yellow' so they only accept scheduled biometric appointments for that day (according to my Application Support Center). You would have to have a really good reason to be accepted as a walk in (which they do not officially have as an option). You could try though, they are people after all, not machines. The worst thing that could happen (apart from a 500 mile drive in vain) is them telling you to reschedule if you cannot make your appointment. However, in your case onebowl, your bio is scheduled one day after the interview, and it's not like you can't make it to it, it's just a matter of "convenience". I don't see why you would worry about doing the biometrics a few days before your interview. If you have a good interview and they approve you, your only hold will be the biometrics, which you will get out of the way the next day. You are in a more fortunate position to have been called for the interview a little over a month from becoming current. Good luck and keep us posted.

Some offices (like mine in Elizabeth, NJ) accept walk-ins on certain week days. In Elizabeth it's Wednesday. You might check with you local office to see when is their official walk-in day. The goos reason would just say that you want to do bio before the interview.

I'd like to thank you guys and gals =) so much for all your help here! THANK YOU!!!!!!
As you can see from my signature I sent my package kind of late considering being current in October... couldn't make it earlier.. but anyway, it is done now and I really appreciate people here sharing experience, it has been VERY HELPFUL!!!! I just wanted to thank everybody here and also contribute by giving the dates for every step in my AOS process (for the overall statistics =)
Thank you and good luck!

You must have kept the confirmation page information from when you entered the DV Lottery between October and December 2008. The Status information for DV-2010 lottery is available online from July 1, 2009, until June 30, 2010. Between May and July 2009 results should be sent out to the lucky applicants with an official letter from the U.S. Department of State Kentucky Consular Center in Williamsburg, Kentucky. All notifications are by mail to your nominated address and you should note that there is NOT any email notification

FYI, the threat level is 'yellow' so they only accept scheduled biometric appointments for that day (according to my Application Support Center)....

nncu,

Where did you get this treat level? Where is it mentioned? Is it different for different people?