• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to this forum. Good luck to all 2011 DV winners and all who participate in DV 2012!

The Chicago DHS/USCIS office has started sending out paper Receipt Notices (forms I-797C). Just got mine today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Natta, apparently, the Chicago Office issues receipts with the MSC prefix. There is nothing wrong with it. I think that our receipt numbers are just not in the system yet. Let's wait till Monday :)

The USCIS website just lists some possible three letter prefixes: EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC. It doesn't list all prefixes: "The 13-character application receipt number can be found on application notices you have received from the USCIS. It begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC)."

Good luck with your application :)

Natta, apparently, the Chicago Office issues receipts with the MSC prefix. There is nothing wrong with it. I think that our receipt numbers are just not in the system yet. Let's wait till Monday :)

The USCIS website just lists some possible three letter prefixes: EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC. It doesn't list all of them: "The 13-character application receipt number can be found on application notices you have received from the USCIS. It begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC)."

Hi PSL2R, did your check get cashed yet? Just wondering if they send out the notification letter before the check is cashed. Thanks

Also did anyone not pay the addition $65 and only paid $375 to the DOS (payment made before the increase in July)? I just paid the extra $65 after reading the forum but this is after my package has been sent to the Chicago office. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. My attorney said it's not a problem since payment was made before the fee increase, but based on the feedback in this thread, it seems that the $65 is necessary.

I agree, plus the National Benefits Center used to be known as Missouri Service Center (MSC) until April 2003 and it was primarily established to serve as the hub for all USCIS field offices to complete all pre-interview processing of cases generally requiring an interview. However, all forms receipted by the NBC (which Chicago lockbox primarily handles preliminary processes for) still bears the receipt number prefix of “MSC.”

Also, considering the time frame (Friday around 4pm Chicago local time) they entered our information into their system, I would give them some time before they actually get reflected in the system for us to access. I don't know about others but in the e-mail notification I got, it says, "With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your application using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status."

The USCIS website just lists some possible three letter prefixes: EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC. It doesn't list all prefixes: "The 13-character application receipt number can be found on application notices you have received from the USCIS. It begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC)."

psl2r,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining! We have one more great mind in our thread now! :) :)

If the cashier's check was drawn on a US bank (and if you made a copy or have a check number) you should be able to call the bank and find out when it was cashed out (i.e., if you really want to know). But, your NoA basically also serves as a receipt for payment.

I sent a cashier's check. I don't know if it was cashed (there is no easy way to check that).

onebowloflaksa,

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Like always, please add your case details in your signature by going to FORUM ACTIONS>EDIT PROFILE>EDIT SIGNATURE>enter your details and save. That way it will be easier for us to help you by knowing where you are in the process.

About the extra $65, many have sent it in (to be on the safe side) and you may choose to do so too. However, (after speaking with many different KCC reps and after many e-mail correspondence), I found out later that if you paid the fee before July 13, 2010, then the new fee does not apply (including 2011 selectees). Again, this is totally upto you, make sure you call/e-mail KCC to find out for yourself.

Good Luck and welcome!

Hi PSL2R, did your check get cashed yet? Just wondering if they send out the notification letter before the check is cashed. Thanks

Also did anyone not pay the addition $65 and only paid $375 to the DOS (payment made before the increase in July)? I just paid the extra $65 after reading the forum but this is after my package has been sent to the Chicago office. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. My attorney said it's not a problem since payment was made before the fee increase, but based on the feedback in this thread, it seems that the $65 is necessary.

Antin,

As long as you have your NL1 and DV Processing fee receipt (aka AoS receipt), you don't have to worry about what the online results say. If it gives you any relief, I have also checked the DOS website myself and it also says that I have not been selected for DV this year.

Also, please add your case details in your signature by going to FORUM ACTIONS>EDIT PROFILE>EDIT SIGNATURE>enter your details and save. That way it will be easier for us to help you by knowing where you are in the process.

Good Luck!

i tried to check the status with the confirmation number I got when I registered for DV, but it says the entry hasnt been selected. i tried to do it with the 2011EUxxx number but it said it was invalid

Hi hkaren,

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

The 90 day rule memo came out sometime in early 1990s and it is uncertain if the same rule applied thereafter. It all boils down to specific IO handling the case. Some say the 90 day rule applied only for that year and some have said otherwise. Usually, people with high CN cases that are only current around July-September, some have applied 90 days in advance and have been OK. Its just something not written in stone and you never know what's really going to happen. That is a risk I personally would not take specially in your kind of situation where you know you may be current in January (which is still early in the FY). I know that one case from 2010 received a rejection letter that specified "you could apply 50 days in advance" or when you see your number current in VB. For eg., if your CN is current in December, you would know it now (from the advance notification for December) on November VB, which is about 50 days before your number is actually current in December. Personally, I would wait until the December VB officially comes out (in November), that way you are safe and won't lose precious time in case you are rejected for 'early filing'...I know most others would differ from my point of view, but I just like to play safe...and that is just me...

Good Luck!

Hello Everyone,
I have been silently reading this forum for a while now. I would like to thank all of the contributors of this forum. I am sure you guys know what kind of great job you are doing, but nevertheless I want to say it once more EXCELLENT JOB!!
Just want to give a quick update on my case and wish all of you LUCK.

I missed the December's cut-off by just a 200, and now I am very tempted to send my application without even waiting for the next bulletin. If I understand it correct the 50 day rule is actually 90 days and if I am sure that the next months bulletin will include my number I can still send it now about 80 days in advance.

I have a technical question,

I don't have an A number. When I try to write N/A or none in the field for A number it changes it automatically to all "0"s. Has anyone encountered the same problem and found a solution, or is that the way we should send the application, with all zeros?

I am also having difficulty typing in native alphabet in pdf, do you know a fix?

Thanks for the help.

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to this forum. Good luck to all 2011 DV winners and all who participate in DV 2012!

The Chicago DHS/USCIS office has started sending out paper Receipt Notices (forms I-797C). Just got mine today.

Hi psl2r,
Welcome to the forum. I don't see medical exam in your signature. I'm just checking to make sure that you just forgot to include it in your profile signature. Cheers...

feel,

Only one form is enough. You will get separate notification for each of your I-485s, I-765s, and I-131s. Make sure you put it on very top like we talked before.

Izzy, Do we need to include separate Form G-1145 for PA and his/her spouse?

No need to include it in your AoS packet. Just take it with you for the interview in case IO asks for it. The required form is I-134.

Hello guys. Do I have to include to AoS package affidavit of support and which form is it? Thanks

A simple solution is this: do not write anything in the field for A-number and Native Alphabet, and get the form printed. Now write N/A in "A-number" field by hand in black ink. Same thing for the native alphabet.

I don't have an A number. When I try to write N/A or none in the field for A number it changes it automatically to all "0"s. Has anyone encountered the same problem and found a solution, or is that the way we should send the application, with all zeros?

I am also having difficulty typing in native alphabet in pdf, do you know a fix?

Thanks for the help.

hkaren,

That's the way the form is designed...If you don't have A# handwrite "none" (I think in I-765 they ask you to give either I-94 or A#). You will have to handwrite your name in your native language (G-325A) if it is in other than Roman letters.

Thanks for the help.

Agree, however, sometimes the IOs may insist on I-864 (this has been discussed at length before), so its good to be prepared and take both.

No need to include it in your AoS packet. Just take it with you for the interview in case IO asks for it. The required form is I-134.