• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Guys,
Has anyone heard from Izzy for the past 5 days, she has been missing in action for a while now.

Am sure we will all get a form of notification from Chicago on the AOS within a week, maximum two weeks, that's the period reflected in the 2010 forum. Keep the faith guys, it is well.

it is true, i have not seen Izzy or Khayat around for a while :(

Hi everyone,

How long does it take for the NL2 to arrive from KCC to your home? I sent my DSP forms in late August and have not received NL2 yet. I sent an email to KCC this week earlier asking for the current situation of my NL2, and they sent it was sent on Sept 6, 2010, but I have not received it yet. Is that normal? Or should I ask them to send me another one instead of waiting?

Thanks

1. if you have never committed any crime it is not necessary to submit police clearance.
2. if you want to go back to your country while your package is submitted, you must apply for "advance parole" along with I-485 form. follow the link

Any affirmative on the first question? So does that mean if I have never committed any crimes, I would not have to get police clearance and police/court records from home country?

Hi everyone,

How long does it take for the NL2 to arrive from KCC to your home? I sent my DSP forms in late August and have not received NL2 yet. I sent an email to KCC this week earlier asking for the current situation of my NL2, and they sent it was sent on Sept 6, 2010, but I have not received it yet. Is that normal? Or should I ask them to send me another one instead of waiting?

Thanks

aiklk,

Most people here in the forum got their NL2 roughly within 2 weeks period. But if they said they have sent it to you already then I wonder what's taking so long. I would suggest you to call KCC and find out. We also have cases here who received NL2 by email after rigorous follow up with KCC. Good Luck.

Please respond to me :(

1. I am sending WOrk Permit and Tavel Permit forms with my i-485. I sent all my forms today. During this long process, according to your experiences, will I receive Work permit at the END of the process? or before receiving GreenCArd will they send me WORK permit? If yes, it takes 1months,2 months, or ???

2. I can not travel outside of US before they send me Travel permit, is that right?? How long does it take that I receive Travel Permit?

I need to know about these. Thanks!

What's your case number Nirvana ??
Please respond to me :(

1. I am sending WOrk Permit and Tavel Permit forms with my i-485. I sent all my forms today. During this long process, according to your experiences, will I receive Work permit at the END of the process? or before receiving GreenCArd will they send me WORK permit? If yes, it takes 1months,2 months, or ???

2. I can not travel outside of US before they send me Travel permit, is that right?? How long does it take that I receive Travel Permit?

I need to know about these. Thanks!

aiklk,

i had a similar experience, i called KCC about NL2 and was informed that it had been mailed to my address which is my home address, strangely, i never received it even though i have lived in the same house/address for 5years without losing a single letter. I called KCC 4times, sent email 3times and got the same response; "you are eligible to Adjust your status, your file has been sent to USCIS". I requested for NL2 by email but they never got back with me. Reading this forum, highly knowledgeable contributors like Izzy, Khayat & others from 2010 forum said
NL2 is merely a formality, good if you have it, no problem if you don't, it will only give you rest of mind. I sent my AOS package to Chicago on September 30 without NL2 and am not losing sleep over it. You can contact natta, he got NL2 by email, he will tell you how he did it. It should not worry you, get your forms filled appropriately, get all your supporting documents in order and your petition should sail through without qualms.

Ask KCC over the phone and I am sure they will ask your email address and send you by email in 3-5 days. It is not extremely important for people doing AOS in US though. But ask for it, who knows it might be useful at some point.

Hi everyone,

Thanks