• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Thanks Capeolive for your hard work. I will link this information from the second post of this thread, so it is easier for everybody to find the info when they need it.

For all that are current in October, that will send in their AOS packages today, tomorrow, next week etc, my prayers are profoundly with you. Please accept my best wishes. For those current in later months, hang in there. it's closer than you think, good luck too. Am happy to be taking this journey with all the great minds in this forum. One phase has ended and another begin from here. Thanks all.

dear Tuscany,

i love your post!

dear Capeolive,

you are a great example for us to believe and persevere no matter what.thank you for being on these forums

Dear winners 2011,
24 hours chrono.....
best of luck to all of us!

Thank you much Capeolive,

You are the best. Please stick around once in a while for us. god bless ya.

Hi DV 2011 applicants,

I am a forumite from the DV 2010 AOS Only thread
who is about to retire. There is some information I
am posting that might help you.

You have my best wishes for your upcoming process...

FY 2010

DV AOS Processing Times

by Cut-Off Dates

NAME-----------------------------CUT-OFF----------CARD

cooldude (Jacksonville, FL)-----October-----------2.1 Months

hek121 (Baltimore, MD)--------October-----------2.2 Months

bluet41 (Baltimore, MD)--------October-----------2.6 Months

simpleman (Minnpls, MN)-------October-----------3.0 Months

agentsmith (Seattle, WA)------October-----------3.1 Months

vzla (Virginia Beach, VA)-------October-----------3.2 Months

june620 (New York, NY) -------October-----------3.3 Months

happy2010 (Lax, CA)----------October-----------4.0 Months

jlaw (San Francisco, CA)------October-----------4.2 Months

yaku (Miami, FL)--------------October-----------5.1 Months

shasha88 (Montana)----------October-----------8.3 Months

daima (Jacksonville, FL)-------November---------2.1 Months

iceman (Charleston, SC)------November---------5.1 Months

zapatos (New York, NY) ------November---------5.9 Months

i2009 (Philadelphia, PA)-------November---------7.5 Months

thomen (W. Palm Beach, FL)--December---------3.1 Months

marley (Chicago, IL)----------December---------3.1 Months

gagaun (Dallas, TX)----------December---------3.2 Months

cm1979 (Las Vegas, NV)-----December---------3.6 Months

ayataf (Philadelphia, PA)-----December---------3.9 Months

bentlebee (Tampa, FL)-------December--------4.1 Months

chivik (Jacksonville, FL)------December--------6.2 Months

sogdian (Washington DC)-----December-------7.5 Months

middle (Denver, CO)----------January---------2.1 Months

bianfid (Nebraska)------------January---------2.6 Months

ahad (Nashville, TN)----------January---------2.7 Months

gdh (Orlando, FL)------------January---------3.0 Months

antar45 (Dallas, TX)----------February--------2.6 Months

ewokra (Boston, MA)---------February--------4.5 Months

schneidi (San Diago, CA)-----February--------6.1 Months

jasmine182 (Houston, TX)----March----------2.9 Months

houselight (Boston, MA)------March----------3.3 Months

norkira (Detroit, MI)----------April-----------1.9 Months

nepal2010 (Dallas, TX)-------April------------2.5 Months

olsson (Phoenix, AZ)---------April------------3.1 Months

2010forme (Orange Cnty, CA)-April-----------3.3 Months

x2010x (Chicago, IL)---------April-----------3.7 Months

capeolive (Philadelphia, PA)--April------------4.2 Months

new one (New York, NY)-----May------------4.0 Months

teamworks (Washington, DC)-June-----------2.6 Months

latigrenoire (Charleston, SC)--June-----------4.2 Months

insaneanil (New Orleans, LA)--July-----------2.6 Months

leongsce (Lax, CA)-----------July-----------3.3 Months

shariifka (Miami, FL)----------July-----------4.2 Months

littlejohn (Boston, MA)-------August--------2.0 Months

zubi (New Orleans, LA)-------August--------2.0 Months

chooti (Pitsburgh, PA)--------August--------2.3 Months

zuno (Lax, CA)---------------August--------2.3 Months

winee10 (Colombus, OH)------August--------2.3 Months

summet (Houston, TX)--------August--------2.5 Months

damus (Baltimore, MD)--------September-----1.5 Months

mitondaw (NY/CA)------------September ----1.9 Months

frencfic (Miami, FL)----------September-----2.8 Months

Hi Guys,
My visa # 2011EUXXXX1XXX will be current tomorrow and I am still scrambling to put the package together. There are still few things I am not sure about. Hopefully somebody here knows the answer?
* If I sent a bank check do I need two checks of $1010 each?
* In regards to the A# - Both me and my wife have had 2 OPTs and have 2 different A#s. Are these A# same as the A# that I-485 is asking for? Which one should we list on I-485, if any?
* Do we need 2 I-485 forms(one for me and one for her)? Or should we do one for her and list me as a dependent?
* We have both changed our status here a couple of times. Should we sent any of the approvals or any I-20 from when we were students.

I still feel a little lost. maybe I should have hired a layer after all... I spoke to 3 different layers in the beginning and they all told me different stories so I figured they don't really know much. One of them actually told me that I cannot adjust status under DV because the program is for people overseas only!!! LOL! The guy has been in business for over 18 years!
I tried updating my signature here with everything I've sent and received so far but I couldn't figure out how...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Lution,

Here is the answer to your questions, Also if you read this forum from the beginning to the end and go over the 2010 thread, all of your uncertainties would be solved.

1- yes 2* 1010
2- Yes they are the same
3- one for each
4- Explain your status better, You need to send all the documents that prove you are legally and have always been legal in the states

Do your homework and educate yourself about the process. Lawyers do not know much about DV AOS cases. If you feel lost about filling applications, lawyers might help but they usually do not know the drill.

Best

Hi Guys,
My visa # 2011EUXXXX1XXX will be current tomorrow and I am still scrambling to put the package together. There are still few things I am not sure about. Hopefully somebody here knows the answer?
* If I sent a bank check do I need two checks of $1010 each?
* In regards to the A# - Both me and my wife have had 2 OPTs and have 2 different A#s. Are these A# same as the A# that I-485 is asking for? Which one should we list on I-485, if any?
* Do we need 2 I-485 forms(one for me and one for her)? Or should we do one for her and list me as a dependent?
* We have both changed our status here a couple of times. Should we sent any of the approvals or any I-20 from when we were students.

I still feel a little lost. maybe I should have hired a layer after all... I spoke to 3 different layers in the beginning and they all told me different stories so I figured they don't really know much. One of them actually told me that I cannot adjust status under DV because the program is for people overseas only!!! LOL! The guy has been in business for over 18 years!
I tried updating my signature here with everything I've sent and received so far but I couldn't figure out how...

Dima,
I am sorry but I have no experience regarding this issue. Try to search other forum for the keywords of "conviction" or "criminal history". Better yet talk to a lawyer how to file this record. All I know is not to worry.

may be others might help with this, izzy, where are u? baobab, tuscany, nuvf ...
Cheers

Dear Khayat,
The instructions only say to add the paperwork if was arrested and convicted. I was only cited and still have a court appearance to get my fine or so.
Will it be better to add the judge ruling, court papers, citation itself and a cover explanation letter?
Thanks,
Dima

Thanks khayat,

I did read all of the 2011 forum, I am now reading the 2010 forum but it's huge. Which A# I should list on the I-485- the older the most recent on? I have always been in status-went from J1 to F1 to E1, when you say explain do you mean here on the forum or in my application?
Thanks again!

OK, I found the information about the way USCIS wants mailings and application packages put together. It can be reviewed here:
uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

It's a recommendation that has also been stated by Izzy and Capeolive. And it makes sense. Chicago Lockbox receives daily hundreds of different types of applications which usually take a longer time to process than DV AOS applications which are supposed to be expedited. Moreover, DV AOS applications probably represent the smallest fraction of the pie for the entire year-round applications received at Chicago Lockbox. That's why your package has to stand out among others. So there's no harm but benefit in putting "I-485 Application to Adjust Status for your full name, 2011 DV Lottery Winner with DV Case #XXXX" on your mailing envelope. Good Luck !!!

OK, I found the information about the way USCIS wants mailings and application packages put together. It can be reviewed here:
uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

So that won't work. Put www in front of this:

So that won't work. Put www in front of this:

The program inserts a space before the 6th character from the end of the link. I'm sorry to keep posting (maybe this way they'll let me put links); you can also find the mailing tips on the right hand column of the AOS page on the USCIS website.

Hello Everybody

Good luck for all of us!

I have some questions:

Brief info : I came to US as a STUDENT with F1 visa, and from my country I received a DV letter saying that I won GreenCArd
So, I am doing AOS :))

My questions are:

1. I am sending WOrk Permit and Tavel Permit forms with my i-485. I sent all my forms today. During this long process, according to your experiences, will I receive Work permit at the END of the process? or before receiving GreenCArd will they send me WORK permit? If yes, it takes 1months,2 months, or ???

2. I can not travel outside of US before they send me Travel permit, is that right??

3. I am about to apply for OPT! You know the OPT: work permit for students after finishing their programs. But I have concerns that there will be a conflict as a double application "AOS for GC" versus "OPT".
Is it dangerous to apply for OPT during my AOS process?? I have to work a.s.a.p that's why I am asking...
(I talked to International student office, and they do not know!)

Thanks for your responses, they are important to me..

My thoughts are:
1. It might take 2-3 months for you to get the work permit as well. It all depends. Sometimes you get your EAD after you get your GC...it has happened before
2. Yes, correct. Otherwise system would think you abandoned your application to adjust status
3. You status would be "I485 Adjustee" once you get NOA from USCIS for filing I-485 ,provided you are legal at the time of I-485 filing, but it is always better to maintain your status. But in your case applying for OPT at this point would mean showing non-immigrant intent. So I really don't what happens. Seek a legal advice, I would say...Hey seniors, please help him..NuvF, Capeolive you guys there???

Hello Everybody

Good luck for all of us!

I have some questions:

Brief info : I came to US as a STUDENT with F1 visa, and from my country I received a DV letter saying that I won GreenCArd
So, I am doing AOS :))

My questions are:

1. I am sending WOrk Permit and Tavel Permit forms with my i-485. I sent all my forms today. During this long process, according to your experiences, will I receive Work permit at the END of the process? or before receiving GreenCArd will they send me WORK permit? If yes, it takes 1months,2 months, or ???

2. I can not travel outside of US before they send me Travel permit, is that right??

3. I am about to apply for OPT! You know the OPT: work permit for students after finishing their programs. But I have concerns that there will be a conflict as a double application "AOS for GC" versus "OPT".
Is it dangerous to apply for OPT during my AOS process?? I have to work a.s.a.p that's why I am asking...
(I talked to International student office, and they do not know!)

Thanks for your responses, they are important to me..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody,

Capeolive's posting from above makes me wonder about the location of the interviews. I noticed mostly major cities and also significant differences for the same place from one month to another (i.e. Philadelphia from 7.5 months in Nov. to 3.5 in December and 4.5 in April)... Anyway, do you know of a website that lists all locations?

Good luck to you all who are sending your applications beginning today!

CN 2011EU3XXX
4/25/2010 received 1st NL
5/3/2010 sent ds230, 122 to KCC
6/10/2010 medicals finished
6/14/2010 received 2nd NL
6/17/2010 sent $375 DOS check
6/25/2010 received 1st DOS receipt
8/2/2010 sent $65 DOS check
8/10/2010 received 2nd DOS check
sending my application on 10/01/2010

Hi everyone,

Is the receipt from the US Dept. of State for the $440 AOS fee just the filled form that we sent them (www+travel+state+gov/visa/visa_4763+html) with a 'PAID' stamp with date? Just trying to make sure I got the right thing because I sent them payment with a personal check by mistake.

Also, the next step after the receiving the 2nd NL and the receipt of payment from DOS would be to do the medicals and send the AOS package to the Chicago lockbox the month my number becomes current, right?

Thanks for your help.

Thank you capeolive for the help and availability. This is much appreciated.

All the best for you and your family!

reptile

--- 2011AS00016xxx ---
Planning to do medicals