• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Lisa & Frenchiechs,

Similar thing happened to me, I was in Canada on vacation with my family last year. They did not stamp my passport but merely stamped "admitted" on my SEVIS since am on F-1, student visa, in all my AOS forms I indicated the "admitted" date as the last entry date. However, I did not use Niagara as point of entry, if you look at the stamp, the round "admitted" one, "BUF" is written in it, so I used BUFFALO,NY as my last point of entry, note that on the Canadian Side they must have stamped your passport too with the date inscribed, they did mine. It should not be a problem, the stamped "admitted" is our proof of last entry date and location.

Dear Tuscany,

thank you so much for sharing your experience.
I wish my sevis got a stamp :(
good luck to u!!!

Khayat my bad. I meant Patronomic name. Do I have to include it anywhere?

Hi Parviz,

No, you do not need to use your Patronymic name. unless it is mentioned somewhere in you passport.
Is it mentioned in your birth certificate?

Hi folks,

I would appreciate if anybody can help with form I-485. What basis of eligibility am I suppose to select on this form? This is the first page Part 2 Application type.

I suspect option h: Other basis of eligibility and type in something like Diversity Visa Lottery.

Thank you for your help.

Hi! I want to ask you guys, if I485 and biographic information form should be filled in only by the principal applicant, or also by the spouse. We have already medical forms for both of us, but not sure about the other docs. I assume that both of us should fill in all the documents. Only the principal applicant has to send information about studies/school diploma etc, am I right?
Thank you so much! Good luck with your app!!

You choose h and say Diversity Lottery Visa Winner, Lottery Letter Attached

Hi folks,

I would appreciate if anybody can help with form I-485. What basis of eligibility am I suppose to select on this form? This is the first page Part 2 Application type.

I suspect option h: Other basis of eligibility and type in something like Diversity Visa Lottery.

Thank you for your help.

Welcome to the forum Targetxy. it is very exciting to see new people here.
I would recommend that you read this forum from the first page to educate yourself. Most of these basic questions are answered there and there is a lot to know and to learn
here is your answers:

every form needs to be filled out for you and spouse separately, you need to pay 2 separate fee as well.
And Yes. only you need the diploma and...

Cheers

Hi! I want to ask you guys, if I485 and biographic information form should be filled in only by the principal applicant, or also by the spouse. We have already medical forms for both of us, but not sure about the other docs. I assume that both of us should fill in all the documents. Only the principal applicant has to send information about studies/school diploma etc, am I right?
Thank you so much! Good luck with your app!!

Hi Parviz,

No, you do not need to use your Patronymic name. unless it is mentioned somewhere in you passport.

folks,
regarding filling up names in your i485 ... make sure you use the names you have exactly as in your passport. the ao checks your passport name and compares it to the i485. do not include any other name you may have which is not included in your passport.

Khayat
Its not in my passport on English page but its on native laguage page and its on my birth certificate
Hi Parviz,

Last edited by a moderator:
leongsce
Thanks. But in my travel passport in my native language there is Partonomic but on English page Its only Last and First names.
folks,
regarding filling up names in your i485 ... make sure you use the names you have exactly as in your passport. the ao checks your passport name and compares it to the i485. do not include any other name you may have which is not included in your passport.

FYI: USCIS has just posted a final update on their fee increase which goes into effect on November 23rd, 2010. AOS fees will increase from $1010 (I-485: $930 + Biometrics: $80) to $1070 (I-485: $985 + Biometrics: $85). So, anyone filing on or after November 23rd should pay the updated fee.

Link: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Thank God, it's a relatively modest increase compared to the massive one which was instituted in 2007.

Hi guys,

Sorry if I ask stupid question. What should I write in the cashier check of $1010?
Should I also write my case number too?
Thanks.

keepkeep

Hi guys,

Sorry if I ask stupid question. What should I write in the cashier check of $1010?
Thanks.

keepkeep

I would use a personal check instead of a cashier check. That way, you will know your case is being processed when the check has been cashed.

In the "For" line of the check, you can write:"I-485 + Biometrics fee payment - DV Lottery Winner with CN: 2011XXXXXXXX". The check is made payable to the U.S Department of Homeland Security or the U.S Customs and Immigration Services.

Your check will be processed electronically, they will scan and send the info to the bank. but do what lucky said

Hi guys,

Thanks.

keepkeep

Is there anybody here who would think sending a police clearance report would help at all? I know it is not required...

Is there anybody here who would think sending a police clearance report would help at all? I know it is not required...

No it wont do any good nor harm.

But I would suggest ALL to consider checking your own FBI record status. Especially people with high CNs.

Also people with first,middle,last or first, last name combination that you would think many others from your country/region also has.

Just so that you can be sure that FBI do not have an 'ID crisis' involving you!!

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

Best!

Thanks NuvF, It seems like this FBI check is one of the main reasons for denials both in AOS or CP processes...

No it wont do any good nor harm.

But I would suggest ALL to consider checking your own FBI record status. Especially people with high CNs.

Also people with first,middle,last or first, last name combination that you would think many others from your country/region also has.

Just so that you can be sure that FBI do not have an 'ID crisis' involving you!!

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

Best!