• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

If I were you I will wait until November and apply for EAD as well. Why take a risk (although very very little, perhaps who knows??) when you are current so early. But for those who are current next year applying 50 days in advance would make sense to me. But again, it is all up to you. Best!

Dear all

I'll become current in November, so now that I can see my number, can I send my stuff at October 1 like others who are current in October?

thanks

If I were you I will wait until November and apply for EAD as well. Why take a risk (although very very little, perhaps who knows??) when you are current so early. But for those who are current next year applying 50 days in advance would make sense to me. But again, it is all up to you. Best!

@feel;

thanks, but what would be the risk. on its worst side, they'll just send back my stuffs. is that right? also I have asked others in this forum to apply for EAD or not and their opinion was that it might not be useful as my number is rather low. so I do not know, do you have any better idea?

thanks

You can find a cover letter, courtesy of capeolive from the 2010 AOS thread, here: http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?297575-DV-2010-AOS-Only&p=2207037#post2207037

I also added this information to the second post of this thread, so it is easier for other people to find a reference to it in the future.

Please let me know if you think of any other important information that should be linked from that post. I will try to maintain a reference to the most relevant information.

@feel;

thanks, but what would be the risk. on its worst side, they'll just send back my stuffs. is that right? also I have asked others in this forum to apply for EAD or not and their opinion was that it might not be useful as my number is rather low. so I do not know, do you have any better idea?

thanks

Oh yes besides just sending back your forms you might have to pay $1010 again if they cash your money before they send it back. Importantly you will loose this precious time...but again, it is entirely upto you. EAD is generally applied by those who are current very early like you, but if you don't want it make it simple without applying for it. Thanks

@feel;

thanks

Oh yes besides just sending back your forms you might have to pay $1010 again if they cash your money before they send it back. Importantly you will loose this precious time...but again, it is entirely upto you. EAD is generally applied by those who are current very early like you, but if you don't want it make it simple without applying for it. Thanks

Dear all

I'll become current in November, so now that I can see my number, can I send my stuff at October 1 like others who are current in October?

thanks

js7,
normally when you see your number current in the advance notification section of the vb you can submit your package. but because you are waiting for the start of the fiscal year on oct 1, no package should be submitted to uscis till oct 1. since you will be current in nov, you can submit on oct 1.

since you will be getting your gc in the next few months, you may want to consider not applying for ead.

Hey guys,

I'm about to send a $440 postal money order to the DOS. Is it okay to use a standard white correspondence envelope (4.125 in X 9.5 in) for the self-addressed stamped envelope? or did you use a bigger one? Thanks.

Hey guys,

I'm about to send a $440 postal money order to the DOS. Is it okay to use a standard white correspondence envelope (4.125 in X 9.5 in) for the self-addressed stamped envelope? or did you use a bigger one? Thanks.

Standard white works. The slip DoS returns to you is just the cut out portion and it fits in the standard white.

Hey guys,

Hello Lucky 2011! I sent a standard white correspondence envelope (4.125 in X 9.5 in) and everything was fine!!!

Are there anyone in this forum who sent their forms to KCC in July 2010 and have not received their 2NL yet? Also has anyone changed their address on DSP-122 form and got their 2NL on this new address? Please share!
Thanks.

Are there anyone in this forum who sent their forms to KCC in July 2010 and have not received their 2NL yet? Also has anyone changed their address on DSP-122 form and got their 2NL on this new address? Please share!
Thanks.

Dear Feel! I changed my address on DSP-122, however, my 2NL came on my old address. :(... I just was lucky to get it!

Dear Friends,
How is the average price for the medicals? in my area is about $400 but I was finally able to find a Dr. who charge ~$180 and let my insurance cover the blood work...Are you guys experiencing the same type of prices?

Dear Friends,
How is the average price for the medicals? in my area is about $400 but I was finally able to find a Dr. who charge ~$180 and let my insurance cover the blood work...Are you guys experiencing the same type of prices?

I think it depends on where you live. I paid $120, just for examination and blood test. I had all of my vac.. I suggest that you go to public places for 2 reasons,
1. it's generally cheaper than others
2. as they have lots of patients who want to change their status, they know well how to complete your forms and and do examination.

before I went to public medical health center, I visited two doctors and each of them told me completely different stories about my checkup and expenses. they are generally not uptodate.

Thats really surprising. They say to change the mailing address at #3 on DSP-122 Form. Did you contact them later to update your mailing address or not?
Thanks

Dear Feel! I changed my address on DSP-122, however, my 2NL came on my old address. :(... I just was lucky to get it!

Hello everyone,

Good luck to everyone who is current in October. Mine is current in Nov, so starting to gather documents. In regards to affidavit of support I still have confusion even though I did quite a research on that matter. My questions are, :
1) In case when principal applicant is employed, he/she need not submit I34 in AOS package but prepare it for interview(just in case they asked), right?
2) Should I prepare I134 for the spouse (who is on a dependent visa )to include in AOS package? If yes, can I be the sponsor?..If no, what documents should I include on the spouse's file?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Note: I am planning to include my tax return, w2, employment and paystubs for the principal applicant's financial documents

@lloyd.r

Welcome to the forum. I have a comment concerning your timeline assumptions.

According to the Visa Bulletin for October 2010, selectees from Asia with case number below 10750 can apply on October 1st as per the 50 days advance notification. Last year (i.e. the visa bulletin for October 2009), that number was only 7200. So the difference is 3550!

I think it is safe to assume that this year, the process would be faster than last year for the same number i.e. 2011AS15xxx should be faster than 2010AS15xxx (by at least 3550 given a comparable processing delay to last year). Combined with the 50 days period (previously discussed in this forum and others), i anticipate that with your number, you may be able to send your package on March 1st 2011 or even Feb. 1st 2011 (which would leave 6-7 months for processing).

reptile

--------------2011AS16xxx---------------------------------
May 06, 2010: NL1 received from KCC (Dated April 28, 2010).
May 14, 2010: DS-230, DSP-122, Barcode and Two Photos sent to KCC.
May 14, 2010: Postal Money Order (375$) + SASE + Information sheet sent to DOS.
May 21, 2010: Receipt obtained from DOS (Dated May 17, 2010)
June 11, 2010: NL2 received from KCC (Dated June 04, 2010)
Aug. 07, 2010: Postal Money Order (65$) + SASE + Information sheet sent to DOS.