• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Welcome to the forum dalerpulatov,

It means NL1, and you can send your application with just NL1

cheers

Dear All,

First of all, congratulations to everyone for being selected for further processing. Second, I have a question regarding the requirement for AOS. One of the requirements is to send "Copy of the principal applicant's selection letter for the diversity visa lottery from DOS",

Is "Copy of the principal applicant's selection letter for the diversity visa lottery from DOS" in NL1 or NL2? The reason why I'm asking it, I still didn't receive NL2 and my case is current in October.

Thirdly, let's assume I didn't receive NL2 by October. How do you think can I still send my AOS package without having NL2 in October?

2011EU000057XX
July 08, 2010-NL1
August 12, 2010-DSP 122, DS 230 and barcode to KCC
September 4, 2010- still waiting for NL 2

Parviz, dalerpulatov, could you talk in english so that most of us can understand what you guys are writing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

I noticed on the NL2 I received the second paragraph starts off with the following information:

You MUST submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent to you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status.

Does this imply we need to either mail or take a copy of the Notification Letter to the nearest USCIS (Im in Dallas, TX) or I would only need to submit this to USCIS when I send the I-485 when my number becomes current?

Hi wheetiebix,

You do not need to send it to the local office. I guess they meant at the time interview upon request. For the time being you may send a copy of it to the Chicago lock-box when submitting your package. The NL1 is more important to be submitted.

They ask you to go to you local office because they assume you do not have access to internet or are not well educated to learn the steps yourself. Say an older guy who does not have high school diploma and wins the lottery based on his works experience. He can not go to USCIS website by himself and download the forms. So they tell him to go to the local office and get the forms in person and get the info that way. They have to assume the worst when sending these letters.

out of curiosity, how do you know you'll be current in November? The bulletin for October is not out yet.

Hi everyone,

I noticed on the NL2 I received the second paragraph starts off with the following information:

Does this imply we need to either mail or take a copy of the Notification Letter to the nearest USCIS (Im in Dallas, TX) or I would only need to submit this to USCIS when I send the I-485 when my number becomes current?

Thanks khayat, that piece of information helps immensely. As for whether Ill be current or not in November, Im really just checking the visa bulletin. My guesstimate was based on the same range of numbers for the previous year and what time those became current. Ill be keeping my fingers crossed for the month of October.

Hi wheetiebix,

You do not need to send it to the local office. I guess they meant at the time interview upon request. For the time being you may send a copy of it to the Chicago lock-box when submitting your package. The NL1 is more important to be submitted.

They ask you to go to you local office because they assume you do not have access to internet or are not well educated to learn the steps yourself. Say an older guy who does not have high school diploma and wins the lottery based on his works experience. He can not go to USCIS website by himself and download the forms. So they tell him to go to the local office and get the forms in person and get the info that way. They have to assume the worst when sending these letters.

out of curiosity, how do you know you'll be current in November? The bulletin for October is not out yet.

to Parviz:

I'm also from Chkalovsk. Now I'm in NY state and what about you?

to Feel:

well we basically were talking about personal staff, apologize for that.

to all of you:

guys, how do you think should I go to my local USCIS in order to confirm and make sure that I can adjust my status in October?

Thanks in advance for reply!

Thanks Armanio.

sdang,
I sent a personal check and it was accepted.

armanio

2011EU00002XXX
April 24, 2010-NL1
May 15, 2010-DSP 122, and barcode to KCC
July 15, 2010- recieved NL 2
Aug. 23, 2010 - send $440 overnight
Aug. 27,2010 - Done with Medical Exam
Sept. 2, 2010 - received DOS receipt

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I may get married... but I already sent the forms to KCC and paid the fees. Can you send additional forms and fees at this stage or is it too late? I assume not many people are in that situation but I thought I'd ask...

Hello everybody!
I am glad to see that things work fine for everyone.
I have 3 questions and I need your help:
1.The Tax returns and W2 for the past 2 years are necessary even for spouse of principal apllicant?
2.The form G325A contains just one page ?I have read in the past comments where somebody said that the form G325A should contain 4 pages,or 4 copies of the same form (something like that).
3.Is it necessary to include a cover letter on the top of the apllication?If so, how it should sound like?

Thank you in advance!

Parviz,
I agree with feel.
It will be sent to the new address. However, I would call KCC and confirm that.
please have your signature setup so that we know your status.

Parviz, khayat, feel, natta, and others.
I was only speaking from personal experience. I indicated my US address on DSP122 and I STILL got NL2 at the overseas address I used when I entered the lottery.
That's it.

Hey nncu, you kind of got me worried, cause we did not receive the 2nd NL yet, but we did write a new adress on both forms, because when my husband applied, he applied through a company that later gave him the 1st NL after he was slected. I want other people's opinions who were in the same situation, change the adress on the DSP 122 and the DS 230 and still got the 2nd NL.

Parviz, khayat, feel, natta, and others.
I was only speaking from personal experience. I indicated my US address on DSP122 and I STILL got NL2 at the overseas address I used when I entered the lottery.
That's it.

Hi sica1983,

Principal applicant needs to show financial stability. This is shown either through W2 and work experience, Job offer, or affidivit of support. you may send a copy of documents that prove your financial stability with AOS pakage. However, you don't have to. If you don't then at the interview they would ask you to bring some.
I do not think W2 is required for spouse unless you do not have one and he/she wants to support you financially (which again brings up the issue if somebody without green card can sign your support documents or not).

2: I would assume it is the only one page on the site. I never heard of 4 pages

3: it would help! this is what lawyers do when submitting an application to USCIS. A while back Izzy sent out a good sample of it, browse back in this forum and find it. let us know if you could not.

Cheers and good luck

Hello everybody!
I am glad to see that things work fine for everyone.
I have 3 questions and I need your help:
1.The Tax returns and W2 for the past 2 years are necessary even for spouse of principal applicant?
2.The form G325A contains just one page ?I have read in the past comments where somebody said that the form G325A should contain 4 pages,or 4 copies of the same form (something like that).
3.Is it necessary to include a cover letter on the top of the apllication?If so, how it should sound like?

Thank you in advance!

Sob,

Call them, I heard you can adjust status for your spouse even if you applied for lottery as a single (personal opinion). I would definitely call them and even try to convince them to do this for your future wife. Although you need to marry her before sending your application to AOS since you need the marriage certificate at some point. If you fail to do it and want to get her GC through family sponsor it takes between 5-7 years and I am not kidding.
Try to get advantage of this situation if you can.

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I may get married... but I already sent the forms to KCC and paid the fees. Can you send additional forms and fees at this stage or is it too late? I assume not many people are in that situation but I thought I'd ask...

natta, I wouldn't worry, NL2 is not a critical document.

Hey nncu, you kind of got me worried, cause we did not receive the 2nd NL yet, but we did write a new adress on both forms, because when my husband applied, he applied through a company that later gave him the 1st NL after he was slected. I want other people's opinions who were in the same situation, change the adress on the DSP 122 and the DS 230 and still got the 2nd NL.

Just a FYI:

5. Note on your cover letter/check list: Include "ORIGINAL SUBMISSION" plus indicate it is for 2011 DV, your name and CN and on your envelope as well.

Hi Izzy,

What do you mean "Include ORIGINAL SUBMISSION"?
I thought we need to send out the copy of all docs and bring the original on the interview day?
Thanks

keepkeep

It is meant to write ORIGINAL SUBMISSION in your cover letter somewhere in the subject line not to confuse your application with re-submission or something else. It does not mean to submit original copies of your docs.

Hi Izzy,

What do you mean "Include ORIGINAL SUBMISSION"?
I thought we need to send out the copy of all docs and bring the original on the interview day?
Thanks

keepkeep