• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Did you take the medication though? Also what did the civil surgeon write on the forms?

If you were tested on the skin for TB and was positive, you should NEVER in the future allow anyone to do any more skin test but show the previous +ve result......at least this is what the advise I got when i was tested positive with the skin test.

But isnt it funny.....ppl in US doing AoS...they are tested for skin, x ray and medication etc.
Ppl in CP its ONLY x ray and allowed to come. What nonesense!!

Those who get +ve skin test, the jist of the medical advise I got from number of my own medical sources is the it is good thing you're doing for your self if you fully take the well proven INH 6-9 mos regime. This is 'cos if in the future with some illness your immune system is compromised, the inert TB in you will not affect you the way otherwise it would if you have had the INH.

I think on DSP-122 if you change your mailing address on #3 they would send your letter at that address. It specifically says change your mailing address here.
Guys, what do you say?

1. If you gave your home country address, you will get NL2 there, regardless whether you gave your US address inDS122.

2. That is correct.

3. I think you can return taxes retroactively, but I don't think it is requiered for AOS application, though they might ask for them. If you were an f-1 and received a w2 for that one month you should have filed a return even if you never paid taxes.

Parviz,
I agree with feel.
It will be sent to the new address. However, I would call KCC and confirm that.
please have your signature setup so that we know your status.

I think on DSP-122 if you change your mailing address on #3 they would send your letter at that address. It specifically says change your mailing address here.
Guys, what do you say?

I will also agree with feel, in a year people change their adress many times, than what's the point in putting a new adress in DSP 122 and DS 230, I think that it does come on the adress you indicated that you want all your pappers to come, it specifically asks in the application.

Has anybody received their 2NL who submitted their forms(DSP 122, DS 230 , photos) on July 2010 for AoS? It's been almost 2 months now for me.

Has anybody received their 2NL who submitted their forms(DSP 122, DS 230 , photos) on July 2010 for AoS? It's been almost 2 months now for me.

Call them Feel make sure they received your forms. As long as they know you are going to do AOS, and after you pay the DOS fee. You are done with KCC. they will release your case for USCIS upon their request.

I had called them a week ago and they said they received the forms. It is taking so long time. Almost all of you guys received it in less than 2 months time.

Call them Feel make sure they received your forms. As long as they know you are going to do AOS, and after you pay the DOS fee. You are done with KCC. they will release your case for USCIS upon their request.

Feel, I am with you in the same boat, I sent the forms In July as well and still didn't get anything back, even though I am current in October and i plan to send the AOS package to hicago Lockbox on September 29th with or without the 2nd NL, but I hope it will come till then. I also called and they said they have it, but are backed up with all the papers and it should be between 8-12 weeks, so still waiting.

Feel, I am with you in the same boat, I sent the forms In July as well and still didn't get anything back, even though I am current in October and i plan to send the AOS package to hicago Lockbox on September 29th with or without the 2nd NL, but I hope it will come till then. I also called and they said they have it, but are backed up with all the papers and it should be between 8-12 weeks, so still waiting.

Natta,
If you're planning to send your package on Sept 29th,make sure it's not Next day delivery, because if it's delivered on Sept 30th, It will be returned, for sure! It happened to some 2010 candidates.

All the best you guys!

Hey guys, If you will read my transcription you will notes that I had my 2nd letter based on AOS fees only. And my attorney swear that I don't have to send any forms to KCC (I don't agree with her, because I called to KCC by myself and was tald that I must send DSP122 ) but fact is that I received that letter before I sent that form. Besides that I called to KCC after I send my form to KCC and asked them did they received my forms or not and had an answer: ' I believe that we received your forms and we are working on them'. Than I asked how long it will take to work on my forms and was told that it will take up to 8 weeks. So, WHAT TYPE OF WORK they are doing in my case if I received all my Notification letters and payed fees ($375) + additional one ($65) and did received receipts with PAID stamp on them? I think we must for sure pay AOS fees and we can do it without waiting 2nd letter. It's my opinion based on my experience.

Natta,
If you're planning to send your package on Sept 29th,make sure it's not Next day delivery, because if it's delivered on Sept 30th, It will be returned, for sure! It happened to some 2010 candidates.

All the best you guys!

hey Daima, yes I know about the fact that I should not send it before October 1st, But I will make sure it gets there October 1st and Not September.

Hey guys I have a question. When fiiling the I-485 at part 2 where it says " Application type, (check one)"
Which one should we select for the petitionar and which one for the benefciary? there are choices a-h. Can someone help me please!!!

Hey Daima,

Its really good to see your here, and thanks for stopping by to wish us luck. I hope your new status is serving you well and hope you and your family have a better life that you wanted. I do remember the person whose mail was delivered a day earlier than he had intended and was rejected due to early filing by one day...

Natta,

All the best you guys!

natta,

For I-485 Part 2, you should check for yourself "h" and write "Diversity Visa Lottery Winner, Lottery Letter Attached" on the box below, and for spouse/dependents, it should be "b". It is in I-485 instructions page 5 under "C" and "H".

Hey guys I have a question. When fiiling the I-485 at part 2 where it says " Application type, (check one)"
Which one should we select for the petitionar and which one for the benefciary? there are choices a-h. Can someone help me please!!!

hey guys,

I know we are supposed to send a copy of 1-94 with the application but have you noticed that in the USCIS website for I-94, it is not asking for a copy? it says:
"Form I-94, Arrival/ Departure Record (if applicable)" which would mean the original. So what is the deal?

Khayat,

I've never heard of having to send original I-94 although it says on USCIS website:

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

At the discretion of the officer, original documents may still be required in individual cases. Please be advised that USCIS no longer returns original documents submitted with the exception of Certificates of Naturalization, Forms I-551, Permanent Resident Card, Forms I-94, Arrival/Departure Document, valid passports, or those specifically requested by the officer. Such documents will be returned when they are no longer needed.

Personally, I would not send anything original, just copies, like they mentioned, if they really need to see your I-94, they will ask for it. Make sure you send both front and back copies of your latest I-94.

hey guys,

I know we are supposed to send a copy of 1-94 with the application but have you noticed that in the USCIS website for I-94, it is not asking for a copy? it says:
"Form I-94, Arrival/ Departure Record (if applicable)" which would mean the original. So what is the deal?

I was just wondering. I have never seen it elsewhere either. I am gonna send a copy too. I have heard they need it at the time of the biometric and interview.

one more question: in part 3 C (I-485) , what organizations would they mean. I can write down my school. but what else?

Khayat,

I've never heard of having to send original I-94 although it says on USCIS website:

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

At the discretion of the officer, original documents may still be required in individual cases. Please be advised that USCIS no longer returns original documents submitted with the exception of Certificates of Naturalization, Forms I-551, Permanent Resident Card, Forms I-94, Arrival/Departure Document, valid passports, or those specifically requested by the officer. Such documents will be returned when they are no longer needed.

Personally, I would not send anything original, just copies, like they mentioned, if they really need to see your I-94, they will ask for it. Make sure you send both front and back copies of your latest I-94.

That would be any memberships you have had in any academic, social/political, for profit/non-profit organizations, etc.. For e.g., you may list your memberships in any honors society, or if you were a member of red cross, or professional organizations like for accountants, lawyers, doctors, etc., but what USCIS is really concerned about is if you belong to any radical or political organizations (that’s why they ask for all the details…etc.) that can be looked upon negatively…

Personally, I left it at “none" (the truth).

I was just wondering. I have never seen it elsewhere either. I am gonna send a copy too. I have heard they need it at the time of the biometric and interview.

one more question: in part 3 C (I-485) , what organizations would they mean. I can write down my school. but what else?