• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Concerned about DV AOS Payment - Did not receive receipt of payment yet...

Hi friends,

I am a 2011 DV selectee with a very low case number. Sent the adjustment of status fee of 440/- (in the form of a cashier's check) on Aug 14th and it reached the St.Louis Missouri PO Box on August 17th, but I have not yet received a receipt of payment? It's been exactly 2 weeks since they received the payment. Should I be concerned? My DV case number becomes current on Oct 1st 2010. Is there any way to contact them...?

Thank you!

Hi Izzy120,

I just noticed that you added on your signature as being current in October, I am wondering how you know if you are going to be current(since your cn is AS10xx). Did you call KCC or is there any other way? Just curious.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sundaram, in order to know if you are current you have to check the Visa Buletin which you can find on the department of state site or you can find a link on the USCIS.gov website.

Here is the Visa Buletin for October

For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 9,000 Except:
Egypt 5,550
Ethiopia 7,450
Nigeria 7,450

ASIA 9,000
EUROPE 9,600
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 1
OCEANIA 350
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 450

Never mind Izzy, my bad I misread your case no as 10,0xx.

Hi Izzy120,

I just noticed that you added on your signature as being current in October, I am wondering how you know if you are going to be current(since your cn is AS10xx). Did you call KCC or is there any other way? Just curious.....

Hey Sundaram, in order to know if you are current you have to check the Visa Buletin which you can find on the department of state site or you can find a link on the USCIS.gov website.

Thanks natta,

Actually I misread Izzy's case no. as 10,0xx instead of 10xx, that's why I wondering. Anyways thanks.

Same here. Apparently I was tested + several times in my childhood. Let's see how it goes...

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience while doing Medicals. The doctor asked me if I have previous positive ppd tests and I answered yes, so he asked us to do (blood test)quantiferon gold test. Unfortunately I tested positive which means I am actually exposed to the bacteria sometime in my life. Then did a chest x ray with is normal and he referred me to local public health department for evaluation and management of Latent TB. I visited the public health dep and they recommended me to be on treatment for 9months, which I declined since it is recommended not required. So finally they signed the paper and I took it back to the doc. Has anybody have same experience? Please share if you have any idea how that's going to impact the process. Thanks.

Same here. Apparently I was tested + several times in my childhood. Let's see how it goes...

If you were tested on the skin for TB and was positive, you should NEVER in the future allow anyone to do any more skin test but show the previous +ve result......at least this is what the advise I got when i was tested positive with the skin test.

But isnt it funny.....ppl in US doing AoS...they are tested for skin, x ray and medication etc.
Ppl in CP its ONLY x ray and allowed to come. What nonesense!!

Those who get +ve skin test, the jist of the medical advise I got from number of my own medical sources is the it is good thing you're doing for your self if you fully take the well proven INH 6-9 mos regime. This is 'cos if in the future with some illness your immune system is compromised, the inert TB in you will not affect you the way otherwise it would if you have had the INH.

I am the same. I sent on 8/16. I called KCC and they said it might take up to 4 weeks. I am gonna call them after 3 weeks to see if they have recieved it. I also stupidly forgot to write my case number on the check.

It took others usually 3 weeks (between 1 and 4 weeks).

Write down your signature. it will help us know what your status is.

Hi friends,

I am a 2011 DV selectee with a very low case number. Sent the adjustment of status fee of 440/- (in the form of a cashier's check) on Aug 14th and it reached the St.Louis Missouri PO Box on August 17th, but I have not yet received a receipt of payment? It's been exactly 2 weeks since they received the payment. Should I be concerned? My DV case number becomes current on Oct 1st 2010. Is there any way to contact them...?

Thank you!

Izzy,
How are you? In your cover letter posted a few days ago, you indicated that you will submit an Affidavit of support, i guess that is Form I-864 and Form I-864A; if so, if the selectee is not employed or has dependant status how do you provide proof of financial sufficiency or ability to cater for your financial needs. Simply put, Can a selectee and his/her spouse be sponsors or does it have to be an external person, if so must it be a U.S citizen/permanent resident? Am just not clear about this Affidavit of support (Form I-864 and Form I-864a). Thanks

Tuscany,

I am doing great, thanks for asking.

I did not say "Affidavit of Support" per se but indicated that I will include a "Letter of Support" signed by my spouse. This letter will be a standard letter saying my spouse will cover my financial costs during my stay in the US. This is not required but as I mentioned, I am the PA and am kind of in an awkward situation (on H4) although I have possible job opportunities from my education and experience once I become a LPR, but I haven't gotten to that point yet, hence, I will be submitting primarily his employment details as current source of income including my W2 for recent employment history as proof of financial stability.

That being said, I do want to point out what I said in my earlier post few days ago:

Generally they do not ask for Affidavit of support with I-485, but every individual must satisfy the IO that they will not become a public charge on the US Government (See DV instructions). You can refer to Poverty Guidelines (this guide is solely used for I-864 as Affidavit of Support to prove that you/your sponsor has income of at least 125% above Poverty Guidelines). But you can still use this as a guide to see if you need a I-864 and in case they think you will become a public charge and ask for I-864.

However, for DV, I-134 is used and NOT I-864 but it will finally depend on IO's preferences (s/he may ask specifically for I-864 IF NEEDED). USCIS will notify you if you need one (Interview Appointment letter)...or you may just have it during the interview and provide only if asked.

At one point or another, you will have to convince the IO that you will not become a public charge through your capacity of earning to support yourself/family (either through educational qualification or through employment history) or by way of submitting Affidavit of Support (see my note below).

"The relatively low DV criteria—a high school diploma or two years of experience in a job requiring two years of training, education or experience—does not automatically satisfy the public charge requirement. Documentation to overcome the public charge issue is required in addition to the evidence of education and experience. As in any case, to determine public charge, the [immigration service] applies a totality of the circumstances approach which includes whether the alien has received public assistance, his or her age, capacity to earn a living, health, family, situation, work history, affidavits of support and physical and mental condition."

Bottom line, if you have proper educational background, job experiences, etc., you do not have to worry about it...

Many 2010 winners who were on F1 (with no solid employment) were never asked for Affidavit of Support while many who had good full-time jobs (above poverty guidelines) were asked to submit one...and for some who got one, the IO never bothered to see it during interview...so it all depends, the only thing is to be prepared to ease your AOS process as much as you can.

Poverty Guidelines:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

DV Instructions:
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/DV-2011instructions.pdf

See page 12/16 no. 32 (this also applies to those doing AOS)

Izzy,
How are you? In your cover letter posted a few days ago, you indicated that you will submit an Affidavit of support, i guess that is Form I-864 and Form I-864A; if so, if the selectee is not employed or has dependant status how do you provide proof of financial sufficiency or ability to cater for your financial needs. Simply put, Can a selectee and his/her spouse be sponsors or does it have to be an external person, if so must it be a U.S citizen/permanent resident? Am just not clear about this Affidavit of support (Form I-864 and Form I-864a). Thanks

If you were tested on the skin for TB and was positive, you should NEVER in the future allow anyone to do any more skin test but show the previous +ve result......at least this is what the advise I got when i was tested positive with the skin test.

But isnt it funny.....ppl in US doing AoS...they are tested for skin, x ray and medication etc.

Those who get +ve skin test, the jist of the medical advise I got from number of my own medical sources is the it is good thing you're doing for your self if you fully take the well proven INH 6-9 mos regime. This is 'cos if in the future with some illness your immune system is compromised, the inert TB in you will not affect you the way otherwise it would if you have had the INH.

Those who have +ve skin may not have inert TB. they must perform quantiferon tb gold test (a kind of blood test), (as I did) and if it were positive then they can go on medication.

I sent a check with $440 with form PC-160 to DOS. I received back the same PC-160 with a small stamp that says,"PAID on ...." Should I include this piece of paper with my application to USCIS?

You MUST include a copy of it.

I sent a check with $440 with form PC-160 to DOS. I received back the same PC-160 with a small stamp that says,"PAID on ...." Should I include this piece of paper with my application to USCIS?

Apparently I misread my past records. Those were vaccines, which must induce a positive reaction to show that they worked (unless I'm mistaken... again).

Hello. I'm doing AoS and I have couple questions.

1. On e-DV application I gave mailing adress outside of US. It took 2 month to get 1st NL. I sent DS-122 and Question #4 I marked my new adress in US. Will I recieve NL 2 in my US adress or I have to send any different form to change my mailing adress?

2. Does KCC send NL 2 after recieving DS-122 from applicant?

3. I'm 2 years in US and never did tax return. I've worked 1 month at college 2 years ago and didn't pay any kind of taxes. F-1 student have to pay taxes? And I start my new job on November 2009 with EAD part time and didnt returned taxes. Is it required to show tax return or w2? Can I return taxes now for 2008 and 2009?

1. If you gave your home country address, you will get NL2 there, regardless whether you gave your US address inDS122.

2. That is correct.

3. I think you can return taxes retroactively, but I don't think it is requiered for AOS application, though they might ask for them. If you were an f-1 and received a w2 for that one month you should have filed a return even if you never paid taxes.

Hello. I'm doing AoS and I have couple questions.

1. On e-DV application I gave mailing adress outside of US. It took 2 month to get 1st NL. I sent DS-122 and Question #4 I marked my new adress in US. Will I recieve NL 2 in my US adress or I have to send any different form to change my mailing adress?

2. Does KCC send NL 2 after recieving DS-122 from applicant?

3. I'm 2 years in US and never did tax return. I've worked 1 month at college 2 years ago and didn't pay any kind of taxes. F-1 student have to pay taxes? And I start my new job on November 2009 with EAD part time and didnt returned taxes. Is it required to show tax return or w2? Can I return taxes now for 2008 and 2009?