• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

hi mechta
i did receive the receipt of payement from dos 2 weeks ago

Hello, Joeobih!
Thank you for your respond. I don't know what to do... :confused:. How to find my receipt???? .......
One more queston please: Did you receive a second letter from KCC????

DSP-122:
if I not claim to have a job with 2 years experience, etc. do I still have to list all the employers of the last 5 years?
advice much appreciated
hi,
I don't think u can list a job exprience that doesn't exist. So u can put N/A. If there is any , ( even though it's less than 2 years), u should list it. I think it may help you at the interview about your plan regarding how u would earn ur life in U.S

Last edited by a moderator:
i did not receive the second letter from kentucky office
for the payement receipt i did truck it with my bank if the bank check was cashed and i did ask my bank to maill me proof of the payement was maid but we received the reciept from dos before the bank
just be patient and wait it will be ok

joeobih,
Thanks for your advice. However, i think that the 245i is pretty automatic, and a lot of it is written on the web. There is also someone from 2010 AOS forum that is doing that.
I think a lawyer is overkill and unneeded expense as the DV process is really simple.

i don't agree with you . i 'm not a lawer i read the uscis and state.gov web to get informed i know all this processes are simple and forms fillings but but but in your case you need a lawer to to make the connection betwen your last case and the dv if the ins reject your file , he will go to the court for you
any way a good lawer will tell you from the begining if your case is good doiable or not and how he will proceed
one time a went to a lawer for my case i know more than him and corrected him then he asked me why do you need a lawer for i said to fill up the paper work for me which i mean . you are not loosing by consulting a good lawer he will tell you if he knows how to proceed your case don't forget you need to have something in process to continue with dv lottery the lawer will connecte that . go for a consultation lot of lawers offers free one
let me know your decision and my gad shows you the right path

Hi everyone!
Congrats to all the winners for DV 2011!
My husband is a winner too, but our case is complicated. I am from Europe and my husband is from a country that does not participate in the lottery but because of my nationality we were able to get it. We are living in the States now, my husband has a temporary work visa I am his dependent.
We want to apply for AOS, but my problem is that 2 years ago I came to the States with a J1 visa and I overstayed 10 months. After that, I left the States and returned to my country. After that we got married and we applied for the visa that we have now. That's why now I have a legal status. We talked to a lawyer and she says I would have to specify in my application about my overstay. I am afraid that this would be a reason for denial of the GC. Do you guys think that my husband as the main applicant would get the GC, but I could be denied? Could he get in trouble because of me?

Thanks for everyone who participate in this thread. You guys help me a lot in understanding what I should do next.
My case number is AS16xxx, and it should be current in April/May 2011.
I had also a complicated case, since I"m on asylum application and my case got referred to judge.
I'm afraid I'll be considered out of status because previously I was on B2 visa, and I submit my application 6.5 months after my initial arrival (because my attorney is late in processing the case)
So am I eligible to do AOS in here? My local USCIS officer told me it's ok, but perhaps since she didn't check my application in details.
Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks for everyone who participate in this thread. You guys help me a lot in understanding what I should do next.
My case number is AS16xxx, and it should be current in April/May 2011.
I had also a complicated case, since I"m on asylum application and my case got referred to judge.
I'm afraid I'll be considered out of status because previously I was on B2 visa, and I submit my application 6.5 months after my initial arrival (because my attorney is late in processing the case)
So am I eligible to do AOS in here? My local USCIS officer told me it's ok, but perhaps since she didn't check my application in details.
Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I think your case needs more experienced lawyer advice , when did you receive you NL???

Hi,
I guess my case is a slow one since my number is AS0002xxxx. I read others on the posts here having earlier number. also, my dad received this letter at my home country and it takes 2 or more weeks before the letter was reached.

Due to my dad not sure what the letter was for, he forgotten to tell me about the barcode sheet and the self-adhesive sticker. Therefore, I sent the DSP122 with the pictures and the original letter (which contains some sort of barcode - hope it is the same). Would this work? I will give a call the KCC to confirm if they can.

Given my number in the AS 20-thousands, when do any of you think i would get my GC? I might need to move around in the US.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had received their NL2. I called KCC and they confirmed that they have received my forms. I asked about the next steps acting ignorant, he said that KCC will send a letter confirming my decision to do AOS and said it would be "hard to speculate when that would be." I just wanted to let y'all know. Please keep us posted if there is any news from y'all's side.

Thanks. :) :)

Hi izzy and everyone, I havent received the confirmation letter yet. I sent an email to KCC about family status change. My daugter was born after the lottery in u.s. So she is an American citizen.I asked whether I should send the birth certificate to them. They wrote me back that I do not need. Stil waiting for the confirmation letter....

Hi Guys,

I am currently living in the US on F1. I got the first NL. My CN is AS25XXX. So, still undecided on CP or AOS.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had received their NL2. I called KCC and they confirmed that they have received my forms. I asked about the next steps acting ignorant, he said that KCC will send a letter confirming my decision to do AOS and said it would be "hard to speculate when that would be." I just wanted to let y'all know. Please keep us posted if there is any news from y'all's side.

Thanks. :) :)
Hello, Izzy120!!! I received the e-mail from KCC today : "Thank you for your inquiry.
Your forms have been received and are waiting to be processed. Mail is processed in the order of the date received, thus the importance of submitting your forms in a timely manner." I sent my forms in May 8th. Did you pay the DOS fee?

Hey mechta,

Yeah thats what he basically told me too...I was waiting on the NL2 before sending out the fee. What about you?

I paid already, and received the receipt of payement from DOS 2 days ago.
Now, i am wondering what is our next step????? Wondering also if they gonna transfer our cases to local USCIS?

Wait...but you can have your mediacal taken care of...:)...until the fiscal year starts, nothing can be done other than the medical and start to prepare all the required papers.

Hi everyone, I was reading previous threads and old AOS forums about translation requirements but they were not crystal clear on the issue whether we can translate our own documents. I read on the USCIS page and as far as i understand, we can do it by ourselves as long as we certify it by this format :Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature______________________________

Date Typed Name
Address

is that correct ??

Hello!!

I just sent my DSP 12 +barcode+ 2 photos . when should i expect my 2NL? What should be my next step? Thank you very much for you help. Good luck to everyone.