• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Congratulations to all the winners. As some mentioned earlier, it will be helpful if you guys go through the 2009 and 2010 AOS threads, you'll probably get answers to all your questions there and if you are still confused then ask here. Some 2010 winners like me will visit this thread and I'm sure they'll be happy to answer your questions if they know.

Just remember that the process needs patience. After you guys send your DS 122 and 230 + barcode+photos to KCC, it's going to take about 2 weeks or so to get the 2nd letter acknowledging your intent to continue with AOS. Don't forget to send the $375 DOS fee, I guess this time they didn't include the form so you'll have to download it. Once you get your receipt and 2nd letter, start gathering your paper work and relax, wait for your number to become current. Your thread will start picking up by September. But as you wait, ask as many questions as you can.

All the best!

Last edited by a moderator:
Daima thanks for posting for the new winers we need advice from people like you keep cheking for us 2011 aos and help thanks one more time

HI guys
i am 2011 winner. Now i am in USA with F1 visa and i am married and my wife with me here in USA also i wanna go through AOS. i have many questions but let me know the next step.
Please tell me what should i do after i received NL

HI guys
i am 2011 winner. Now i am in USA with F1 visa and i am married and my wife with me here in USA also i wanna go through AOS. i have many questions but let me know the next step.

Congrats !!! You need to send the DSP-122 + DSP-230 (optional) + 2 photos (for yourself, your wife and children) + barcode sheet back to KCC.

HI guys

Correction ! Since you are married, I would intentionally fill out the DSP-230 form in order to take into account your wife and children (if applicable). Once you submit DS 122 and 230 (for you and your wife) + barcode sheet + 2 photos (for you and your wife) to KCC, you can go ahead and submit immediately or later the diversity fee of $375 to the US Departement of State.

I've got a question. In question 4 of the DSP-122 form, I only wrote "BCIS" without mentioning the address of my closest USCIS field office. Is that okay? or should I call KCC to tell them where my closest USCIS office is?
Thanks

Correction ! Since you are married, I would intentionally fill out the DSP-230 form in order to take into account your wife and children (if applicable). Once you submit DS 122 and 230 (for you and your wife) + barcode sheet + 2 photos (for you and your wife) to KCC, you can go ahead and submit immediately or later the diversity fee of $375 to the US Departement of State.

should i submit the diversity fee just for me or for both (my wife and i)

I've got a question. In question 4 of the DSP-122 form, I only wrote "BCIS" without mentioning the address of my closest USCIS field office. Is that okay? or should I call KCC to tell them where my closest USCIS office is?
Thanks

Hello lucky2011,

Just enter BCIS, they will assign your Field Office based on the zip code that you provide in your AOS package.

Hello all,

Congratulations to all the winners!!! I wanted to add my case too. I am currently in the US on H4. I received the KCC NL along with barcode sheet and return address label. I am torn between CP and AOS, yesterday I sent in the forms (122+230+photos) back indicating AOS. I am still new here and I apologize for my ignorance, but I found this thread very helpful.

Hello all,

Congratulations to all the winners!!! I wanted to add my case too. I am currently in the US on H4. I received the KCC NL along with barcode sheet and return address label. I am torn between CP and AOS, yesterday I sent in the forms (122+230+photos) back indicating AOS. I am still new here and I apologize for my ignorance, but I found this thread very helpful. I have a few questions:

1. How do I know when my number will become current? (Please see my case info below)
2. Does it matter if I send in the payment now or later? What do you recommend?
3. Am I eligible to apply via AOS?

I did call and e-mail KCC about my concerns and I got the same reply as someone posted earlier. The person did not say anything about the fees but to send only the DSP 122 and photos (I did not tell her I was married). But the e-mail mentions the fees. I sent in both the forms anyway as 230 contains my hubby's information as well. So, now just wait till you receive the 2nd letter or I have to do anything at this time?

Thank you all for your time and response in advance!

Case no. 2011AS00001xxx
KCC NL received: May 1, 2010 (dated April 26, 2010)
Mailed forms: May 6, 2010

izzy120,
you can check the visa bulletin on the nvc website, for oct 2010 (which will be their new fiscal year) the visa numbers will probably be published in sept's bulletin. your cn is low, so you may be current either in oct or nov.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
you need to send in the payment to dos (for each applicant) ... this fee is for dos to administer the dv lottery. you will need the stamped receipt.
you should be able to do aos.

which country in asia are you from?

Congratulations guys.

I am 2011AS0001xxxx in the states on F1 visa.

I still havent sent anything to KCC. What i understood so far is:
- I should only send DSP 122 without DS 230
- I should send two pics

Can you confirm this (what about the school certificate, no one seems to mention it)? Also why should i pay the $375.00 if i am already in the US? I thought i only have to pay the AOS of ~1000$.

Any help appreciated.

reptile

Hi everyone.
I'm new to this, so any guidance will be highly appreciated.

My case number is 2011EU00023XXX, and I have few questions to ask.

1. From your experience, is my number too high?

2. Since I'm single and on F-1 status. I am aware that now I should send DSP122 + barcode+ 2 photos back to KCC. My question is: Can I send the DOS payment in the same envelope (Returning envelope+ check on $375 + form) along with the documents that have been requested by KCC. Or I have to wait for some kind of receipt from them that they have received my initial forms and pictures and then send the check to DOS?

3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the step after this would be to gather necessary documentation (I-485, Medical examination, etc) and wait for my visa number (should be current around feb-march 2011 for EU according to bulletin visa archives), right? What would be the correct office to file AOS package to? Do I get that info from DOS once I make a payment?

4. Also, do I need Affidavit of Support of any kind, because I see on the forum that many people are saying to submit that with AOS package and bring it at the interview?

5. To whom I should make $375 check payable Department of States or Department of Homeland Security, and what should I write on it?

Thanks,

Legolas

Thank you leongsce! I have been reading the last year's threads on AOS and it is helping a great deal!

Congratulations !! Izzy and Reptile

When was the NL dated and what state did u receive the letter in?

thanks

Thank you axldai, the letter was dated April 26, 2010. Also, I just got off the phone with USCIS, I spoke with two people, both were super nice. The person I spoke to regarding AOS for DV explained the whole process of AOS for me. And I just wanted to share that with you guys. We do need to pay the $375 per person to DOS in St. Louis and they will send us a receipt which we will need to send along the AOS packet when our visa numbers become current (that way they will know it is for DV). She also said that I need to send DS 230 for each person along with the AOS packet for each person. Once they have received it and it goes into process they will notify us for further procedures and for fingerprinting.

Thanks.

if you are still confused then ask here. Some 2010 winners like me will visit this thread and I'm sure they'll be happy to answer your questions if they know.All the best!

Hello!!!
I have a question again. I am trying to fill out DSP-122. Could you please tell me, if i don't have enough space on the 6th section - education, what should i do?
Thank you!

Thank you axldai, the letter was dated April 26, 2010. Also, I just got off the phone with USCIS, I spoke with two people, both were super nice. The person I spoke to regarding AOS for DV explained the whole process of AOS for me. And I just wanted to share that with you guys. We do need to pay the $375 per person to DOS in St. Louis and they will send us a receipt which we will need to send along the AOS packet when our visa numbers become current (that way they will know it is for DV). She also said that I need to send DS 230 for each person along with the AOS packet for each person. Once they have received it and it goes into process they will notify us for further procedures and for fingerprinting.

Thanks.

congratulations,,,

which country are you from?

Thanks axldai, my NL was dated April 30, 2010. Received it in FL on May 5th.

Any idea if 16xxx is a high number for AS?

Also i understood that i have the right to leave the country after i send the forms to KCC but not after i file for I-485 (unless i apply for a "parole" form with it). Can anyone confirm?

reptile