• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi!
I also won the DV 2011.My CN is 2011EU000001xx.
My 1st envelope contained just the NL,the barcode and the returned label.Shouldn't it contained the forms also(dsp-122 and ds-230) like in the DV past years,or maybe we will receive another envelope later?
Did you downlod the forms (dsp-122 and ds-230) from the internet?I saw that nobody sent back the ds-230,on the barcode page says that we need to send both forms back.
And one more question.How do you know that we have to send pictures?

Hi!
I also won the DV 2011.My CN is 2011EU000001xx.
Congrats. That's a very low number. Can you tell us if are in US or if you received the envelope in Europe? Also, what country are you from?
My 1st envelope contained just the NL,the barcode and the returned label.Shouldn't it contained the forms also(dsp-122 and ds-230) like in the DV past years,or maybe we will receive another envelope later?
I do not think you are going to receive anything else later. You must download the forms from the internet. There is a website mentioned in the notification letter.
Did you downlod the forms (dsp-122 and ds-230) from the internet?I saw that nobody sent back the ds-230,on the barcode page says that we need to send both forms back.
And one more question.How do you know that we have to send pictures?
This thread is for people already in US who are doing adjustment of status (AOS). Requirements are a bit different if you live abroad and you have to do consular processing (CP).
For AOS, you need only DSP-122. For CP, you must send also DS-230 and the pictures. Just follow the instructions on the web-site mentioned in the letter. You can also read through this forum and ask more questions. There is already a lot of information posted in the forums.

Ds 230

Hi guys,

I am EUXXX

Where does it say that if you are doing AOS, you do not need to send DS 23O to KCC?

I spoke to the laywer and they told me that i needed DSP 122 AND DS230 for me my hubby

Here travel state.gov visa visa_4759.html it also says that All applicants must complete the following forms 122 and 230.

Any thoughts?

I am from Romania.Me and my wife are living in Michigan for 4 years.We received the NL on 21 April 2010.
I found the website with the forms dsp-122 and ds-230 and also the pictures instructions.
My only concern now is if do we have to send the DS230 also back to KCC.

Hi!
I say to send both forms back to KCC like the letter shows.
Nothing should go wrong.
I am in the same situation,and I will send both forms back plus pictures.

I'm 2011EU00007XXX and plan to do AOS.

There is something wrong regarding the DSP-122 and DS-230 for AOS.
I understand that past years applicants who opted for AOS had to send some forms to KCC.
However, this year DV-2011, I carefully reviewed the instructions on the website dvselectee.state.gov and the process seems to be different.
The website states that if you are overseas then you have to follow steps 2 to 4, but if you are in the US then click Adjust Status to learn more. Once you click there, it says that you have to review the USCIS to find out if you are eligible to do AOS. If you are eligible, the website says:
If USCIS confirms your eligibility to adjust status you should print this message and take it to your local USCIS office. USCIS will provide instructions on how to proceed. It will not be necessary for you to contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for any further information or instructions if you are eligible and apply to adjust status in the U.S.
I'm not sure what this means, but it seems obvious that you do not have to send ANY form to the KCC if you do AOS, as for this year the whole process is done directly with the USCIS.
The only thing that you have to send is an Adjustment Of Status Payment:
If USCIS determines that you are eligible to adjust status you will be required to pay a non-refundable diversity visa fee directly to the Department of State...
You must complete payment of the Diversity Visa fee before processing your case can continue. Follow the instructions on the Adjustment of Status Fee Payment webpage. Bring the receipt that is mailed back to you to your interview at USCIS. Please include your DV case number on your cashier’s check or postal money order. The address on the receipt form should be used only for fee payment.
So my question is, where does it say that you have to send anything, even DSP-122, to KCC, if you are doing AOS?

sica from what i've learned send back the barcode you received plus ds 122 form ds230 for you the winer plus ds 230 for dependente that you have ( wife husband , kids under 21 ) plus 2 photos 2inc by 2 for all of you and good luck
havulm i totaly agree with you that's what i understood but i did hire an attorney to do all the work and he just did last week what every body did last year sent back to kcc ds 122 and 212 with pict and barcode plus i already submit payement to departement of state it's too early but i'm done with that now i should be waiting for a second letter from kcc by the way i did call kcc last week the guy didn't seem like to explian nothing but i did insist if i have to sent the forms back he confirmed that' what i have to do don't forget to send with passeport size photo 2 inchs by 2 inchs good luck to all

I am from Romania.Me and my wife are living in Michigan for 4 years.We received the NL on 21 April 2010.
I found the website with the forms dsp-122 and ds-230 and also the pictures instructions.
My only concern now is if do we have to send the DS230 also back to KCC.

Feicitari si pe limba materna :) Ma bucur sa mai vad un conational pe aici.
Eu sunt de mai multi ani in state. Am stat in Texas mult timp. Acum sunt in Tennessee.
Mai vorbim.

This ends my detour in a foreign language. I will keep it to English from now on.

Where does it say that if you are doing AOS, you do not need to send DS 23O to KCC?

I spoke to the laywer and they told me that i needed DSP 122 AND DS230 for me my hubby

Here travel state.gov visa visa_4759.html it also says that All applicants must complete the following forms 122 and 230.
I do not think it says anywhere clearly that you have to send only 122, or both 230 & 122.
My comment before was based on the information I gathered from previous AOS threads. Some people sent both forms, many sent only DSP-122. A few did not send any of the forms and it still was fine.
There is definitely no harm in sending both forms.

Based also on the online instructions, KCC does not need any of the forms if you do AOS. But I am still going to send DSP-122, at least to inform them that I received the NL and that I selected BCIS at question 4.

There is something wrong regarding the DSP-122 and DS-230 for AOS.
I understand that past years applicants who opted for AOS had to send some forms to KCC.
However, this year DV-2011, I carefully reviewed the instructions on the website dvselectee.state.gov and the process seems to be different.
The website states that if you are overseas then you have to follow steps 2 to 4, but if you are in the US then click Adjust Status to learn more. Once you click there, it says that you have to review the USCIS to find out if you are eligible to do AOS. If you are eligible, the website says:

I'm not sure what this means, but it seems obvious that you do not have to send ANY form to the KCC if you do AOS, as for this year the whole process is done directly with the USCIS.
The only thing that you have to send is an Adjustment Of Status Payment:

So my question is, where does it say that you have to send anything, even DSP-122, to KCC, if you are doing AOS?
I read it the same way. I cannot tell if in the previous years it was any different, since I did not receive the NL with the instructions. However, there is no harm in sending the forms back. I, for one, will send only the DSP-122 form and the barcode.

ds 230

"Form DS-230 Summary

Purpose: All foreign nationals who wish to immigrate to the U.S. permanently on an immigrant visa must submit DS-230 at the U.S. Consulate. "

So if you do AOS, then this form is not needed.

For those asking if we should send DS-230 or DS-122 or both. I personally phoned KCC, and they told me that if you are single, then only DS-122+barcode sheet+2 photos are needed. If you're married and/or have children, then you'll need to send DS-122+barcode sheet+ DS-230 for yourself (the applicant) and all family members + 2photos for yourself and all family members as well.

THAT'S RIGHT AND THAT'S WHAT I DID 122 + 230 + BARCODE + 2 PHOTOS FOR EACH + $$$$$$$$$FOR DOS
CN: 2011AF1XXX
04/24/10 : Received NL from kcc
04/30/10 : Mailes ds 122+ds 230 + photos + barcode + 1500 to dos
please keep all of us informed and good luck to all

Hi everybody,

I won DV 2011 and I have been living in DC for about 4 years. Ironically, I will be eligible to apply for green card February 2011.
I sent DSP-122 and DS-230 to KCC on April 25th. I have not heard anything from them yet .

I have few questions.
How long does it take to receive the second NL?
Should we send SD fees after the second NL?
Should I wait next year and apply for green card without lottery? Because I will be eligible to apply in Feb 2011.

Thank you

Hi everybody,

I won DV 2011 and I have been living in DC for about 4 years. Ironically, I will be eligible to apply for green card February 2011.
I sent DSP-122 and DS-230 to KCC on April 25th. I have not heard anything from them yet .

I have few questions.
How long does it take to receive the second NL?
Should we send SD fees after the second NL?
Should I wait next year and apply for green card without lottery? Because I will be eligible to apply in Feb 2011.

Thank you

Hello n79,

The second NL from KCC for AOS applicants usually takes 2 to 3 weeks. It is just an acknowledgment that you will continue with AOS.

The DOS fee payment is required at the time of the interview but many applicants send the payment before sending the AOS package so they can include the KCC receipt in it. The KCC will not forward your DV case to the USCIS until they receive your payment.

As for your last question. I guess that it depends on the category that you will be able to file your AOS petition in February 2011 vs the DV Case Number. Some categories have a long wait for the visas to become available and it potentially could take several years before you get your GC. If everything is alright with you (not a complicated case and a not so high DV Case Number) I would suggest that you rather apply for the DV because it is cheaper than other applications (you don't need a Labor Certificate or some other related documents).

Anyway, don't send any payment until you are sure of what you are going to do. The payments are not refundable.

Good luck!

Thank you, i2009. My case# 2011AF00027***. Is that a high number?

Hello n79,

No, AF27*** is not a high number. This year it became current in February and in 2009 it became current in May. Let's hope that 2011 keeps the same trend as 2010 so you can apply earlier.

Good luck

Si eu te felicit si sa speram ca o sa apara cat mai multi romani printre castigatorii din anul acesta.E un lucru foarte mare sa castigi loteria vizelor si stii si tu ,la fel ca si mine, cat e de greu sa obtii GC prin alte mijloace.Sa speram ca lucrurile vor decurge bine pentru toata lumea.Hai ca mai tinem legatura.Sa auzim numai de bine.

I was just replying to the message of my Romanian friend.We wish each other good luck!
Feicitari si pe limba materna :) Ma bucur sa mai vad un conational pe aici.
Eu sunt de mai multi ani in state. Am stat in Texas mult timp. Acum sunt in Tennessee.
Mai vorbim.

This ends my detour in a foreign language. I will keep it to English from now on.

Hello again!
I will post here the response received from KCC by e-mail,regarding instructions for next steps.(they are very specific)
It says clearly that for AOS only the DSP-122 must be sent back to them.
I hope this message will be helpful for whoever has concerns from now on.
Eventhough I have said in a previous message hat I will forward both forms (DSP-122 and DS-230) to them, I changed my mind after reading this(and I am married):

Thank you for your inquiry.

If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status. The option to adjust status may no longer be available to all applicants. To determine whether you are eligible to adjust your status you MUST contact the CIS. Once the CIS confirms your eligibility to adjust status they will provide you with the additional information that you need. When contacting your local CIS office they may inform you that you will not be eligible to file your adjustment until your case number is current and available for processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin to view the current case numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

If the CIS determines that you are eligible to adjust status you will be required to pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $375.00 per person directly to the Department of State. Information regarding where this fee should be paid is included in your information packet. This fee is assessed to cover cost incurred by the Department of State in running the lottery selection process and is separate from any fees you will need to pay the CIS as part of your adjustment application. Failure to pay this fee may result in the loss of your diversity visa. (Please mail a money order for the diversity-processing fees to the address given below.) Also, please forward the completed DSP-122 form back to KCC. This will allow the next instruction letter to be processed to you.

U.S. Department of State

Diversity Visa Program

P.O. Box 979079

St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

We do request that you complete and return the DSP-122 to the Kentucky Consular Center so that we may update your file. Question 4 of this form states: Name of United States Consular Office where you would like to process your application”. When adjusting status with the Citizenship and Immigration Service, please list the address of your local CIS office.

KCC Diversity Visa

Kentucky Consular Center/rch

Email: KCCDV@state.gov

Phone: (606) 526-7500 (606) 526-7500

Hello everybody! I have 3 questions!

If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status. The option to adjust status may no longer be available to all applicants. To determine whether you are eligible to adjust your status you MUST contact the CIS. Once the CIS confirms your eligibility to adjust status they will provide you with the additional information that you need.

1. Does anybody determine whether you are eligible to adjust your status or not?
2. How does CIS confirm the eligibility?

Question 4 of this form states: Name of United States Consular Office where you would like to process your application”. When adjusting status with the Citizenship and Immigration Service, please list the address of your local CIS office.

3. How to choose the Office where you would like to process the application?

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!

I went to my local CIS as soon as I got a letter from KCC.

I asked her if i was illegible to do AOS, she told me why not. You are already here, so you could do AOS. So technical my eligibility for AOS was confirmed:)))

I was not provided with any packet or instructions regarding my next steps. I told was to go online.