• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

just got back from my interview and we were approved!! so happy!! not home now, but I will send a detail message later!

Come on. I waited 21 days and got the acceptance text/email. Have patience and I am sure you will get it by the end of 30 days at most.

It's now 31 days that I have submitted my AOS application to Chicago lock-box. I haven't received any news yet. Checks haven't been cashed either! dang!

Hey, Go ahead and call customer care representative and raise a service request today. Do it today.

It's now 31 days that I have submitted my AOS application to Chicago lock-box. I haven't received any news yet. Checks haven't been cashed either! dang!

I just called (800) 375-5283. They told me there is not anything they can do for me and I have to wait for two more weeks (total of 45 days). They told me I can also send an email to Lockboxsupport@dhs.gov

The officer told me the AOS cases is being processed in order that they have received in mail. Do you know anyone who have submitted his application after March 13th and already received his/her NOA?!!! I'm kinda nervous...

Hey, Go ahead and call customer care representative and raise a service request today. Do it today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are backlogged. Why don't you email at the address they provided with all the details, and of course, date and time your application was delivered to the Chicago lockbox. Do not forget to mention it is a DV lottery filing. They may take up to a week to respond, so have patience. Don't stress out too much. I was in a similar situation and can understand your situation. Good luck!

I just called (800) 375-5283. They told me there is not anything they can do for me and I have to wait for two more weeks (total of 45 minutes). They told me I can also send an email to Lockboxsupport@dhs.gov

The officer told me the AOS cases is being processed in order that they have received in mail. Do you know anyone who have submitted his application after March 13th and already received his/her NOA?!!! I'm kinda nervous...

I already sent them an email. I'll keep you guys updated! Yeah, I see you were in exact same situation. I'm happy they have started processing of your application! Thanks!

I think they are backlogged. Why don't you email at the address they provided with all the details, and of course, date and time your application was delivered to the Chicago lockbox. Do not forget to mention it is a DV lottery filing. They may take up to a week to respond, so have patience. Don't stress out too much. I was in a similar situation and can understand your situation. Good luck!

Hi everyone, today we got our interview. It was originally at 1400 pm and reached there at 1330 pm.we waited almost 45 minutes and then were called by the officer to his office for interview. Firstly, he asked for passports, I94, original birth certificates, marriage certificate, original DV lottery letter. He also asked my latest degree and told him I have a bachelor degree. Then he asked whether I have it evaluated. I told I didnt do it for university diploma but high school. He said it is also ok and i gave it to him. He was a serious young officer and he even checked my daughter;s birth certificate to make sure that our marriage is not a fake one. I also filled an extra form regarding my visa status(G4). He asked when was the last time I entered the US and if I ve been in US before and when I did that. He asked for the pay stubs, employment letter even though I provided all these things on the previous file.Officer also asked aboout the tax returns but he did not even look at it when he saw the big thing envelope. When we finished the filling the form, he said we are approved and would get the card in 10 business day. Thanks to everyone in this forum and hope you the best guys....

I just received the acceptance email from USCIS!

I already sent them an email. I'll keep you guys updated! Yeah, I see you were in exact same situation. I'm happy they have started processing of your application! Thanks!

Congrats!
Hi everyone, today we got our interview. It was originally at 1400 pm and reached there at 1330 pm.we waited almost 45 minutes and then were called by the officer to his office for interview. Firstly, he asked for passports, I94, original birth certificates, marriage certificate, original DV lottery letter. He also asked my latest degree and told him I have a bachelor degree. Then he asked whether I have it evaluated. I told I didnt do it for university diploma but high school. He said it is also ok and i gave it to him. He was a serious young officer and he even checked my daughter;s birth certificate to make sure that our marriage is not a fake one. I also filled an extra form regarding my visa status(G4). He asked when was the last time I entered the US and if I ve been in US before and when I did that. He asked for the pay stubs, employment letter even though I provided all these things on the previous file.Officer also asked aboout the tax returns but he did not even look at it when he saw the big thing envelope. When we finished the filling the form, he said we are approved and would get the card in 10 business day. Thanks to everyone in this forum and hope you the best guys....

Interview experience: So we got there 9:30am we were called at 10:15am and left the interview at 10:30am. The officer was very professional and he knew a lot about lottery and also 245i. He said we provided all documents necessary and even more than was necessary which made his job very easy  . He asked for: both original birth certificates, original lottery letter and lottery payment and all financial documents (he said that for lottery they are definitely looking for that!)So we gave employment letter, w2s, paystubs, bank accounts) and recent tax returns. He asked a few things about our marriage and for us to show some pictures (strange because we are married for ten years!) In the mean time he took our i-94 out the passport and said we are approved because there are 1200 visas for SA and our # is 8XX. The GC should be in the mail in 10 business days. All we can say is THANK YOU for all the help and support from this forum and I hope the best for all that are still pending approval!

Thank you, Sharminlee. I WILL bring back very good news tomorrow!

To R2010 and umuteren: Congrats and enjoy. Thanks for sharing your experience.

To enfl: the same thing is going on with my husband's package March 11th. So we'll see tomorrow what will happen. Check has not been cashed yet.

Fingers crossed......

Best of luck to umuteren, R2010 and Leynabee. Hope to hear good news soon!!!

Thank You, Sharminlee, Feel and leynabee.
Our long travel down GC road has finally reached it's destination. I really do wish for the best for all of you on the remaining process

leynabee: hope u have good news tomorrow too.

Congrats R2010, I'm so happy for you!
(You might want to update your signature to reflect that great news...)

Interview experience: So we got there 9:30am we were called at 10:15am and left the interview at 10:30am. The officer was very professional and he knew a lot about lottery and also 245i. He said we provided all documents necessary and even more than was necessary which made his job very easy  . He asked for: both original birth certificates, original lottery letter and lottery payment and all financial documents (he said that for lottery they are definitely looking for that!)So we gave employment letter, w2s, paystubs, bank accounts) and recent tax returns. He asked a few things about our marriage and for us to show some pictures (strange because we are married for ten years!) In the mean time he took our i-94 out the passport and said we are approved because there are 1200 visas for SA and our # is 8XX. The GC should be in the mail in 10 business days. All we can say is THANK YOU for all the help and support from this forum and I hope the best for all that are still pending approval!

Hi,

My Case number 52###
(currently the visa bulletin is 49300).

I received a notification letter from KCC and sent my DS-122 (indicating BCIS) + barcode + 2 photos to KCC.
However I have not received any 2nd notification letters, KCC just sent me another notification saying that I can adjust my status and to pay the Dv FEE($440),
Do I have to wait until my case number become current and pay the DV fee? I called KCC yesterday and they said that it's recommended to wait until you case number become current

I know that I have to wait for my case number to be current before i apply for adjustment of status (I am assuming my case will be current next month "15 Mai" for july2011 immigrant numbers.

I also went to USCIS to get some information and they told me that it takes 5 months to do an adjustment of status which will be too late for me since September 30th 2011 is the deadline.
Can someone PLEASE tell me how long did it take you to adjust your status?
What should I do if my number become current next month (july2011 immigrant numbers)? Will I still have a chance to get a visa number before September 301th 2011?
Do you recommend consular processing (since it's faster and safer with higher number)?

Please let me know as soon as possible,
Thanks in Advance.
Reda

It is great to read about all the success stories in this forum. I guess it is now my turn to enter into the "lion's den." I received my interview letter today for an appointment on 4/27/2011. I do have one question. In the section that asks for documents you must bring with you they ask for "a Visa (including extensions)." I have been on an F-1 visa all this time and never left the U.S so Im not sure what is meant by "including extensions" and which document will show this. Since Ive transferred from a Community College to a 4-year college will my I-20s be enough. Wish me luck guys!