• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Question: in form g-325 A, the box next to the signature(this form is submitted in connection..), what is the answer? Status as permanent resident? thanks

Dv 2011 AOS

This thread is for those lucky DV-2011 winners who are already in the US and plan on filing for Adjustment of Status. Iam currently in Austin, TX
Same situation but Higher case number :(,

My Case number 52###
(currently the visa bulletin is 49300).

I received a notification letter from KCC and sent my DS-122 (indicating BCIS) + barcode + 2 photos to KCC.
However I have not received any 2nd notification letters, KCC just sent me another notification saying that I can adjust my status. I know that I have to wait for my case number to be current before i apply for adjustment of status (I am assuming my case will be current next month "15 Mai" for july2011 immigrant numbers.

I also went to USCIS to get some information and they told me that it takes 5 months to do an adjustment of status which will be too late for me since September 30th 2011 is the deadline.
Can someone PLEASE tell me how long did it take you to adjust your AOS?
What should I do if my number become current next month (july2011 immigrant numbers)? Will I still have a chance to get a visa number before September 301th 2011?
Please let me know as soon as possible,
Thanks in Advance.

Your case number should come up in next visa bulletin. And, you don't need 2nd letter from KCC for adjustment of status. Do your medicals and send your $440 diversity visa fee. Then send your AOS package to Chicago right after the next visa bulletin is published. As you are going to sent your package in the middle of May, you should have sufficient time to process by September.

This thread is for those lucky DV-2011 winners who are already in the US and plan on filing for Adjustment of Status. Iam currently in Austin, TX
Same situation but Higher case number :(,

My Case number 52###
(currently the visa bulletin is 49300).

I received a notification letter from KCC and sent my DS-122 (indicating BCIS) + barcode + 2 photos to KCC.
However I have not received any 2nd notification letters, KCC just sent me another notification saying that I can adjust my status. I know that I have to wait for my case number to be current before i apply for adjustment of status (I am assuming my case will be current next month "15 Mai" for july2011 immigrant numbers.

I also went to USCIS to get some information and they told me that it takes 5 months to do an adjustment of status which will be too late for me since September 30th 2011 is the deadline.
Can someone PLEASE tell me how long did it take you to adjust your AOS?
What should I do if my number become current next month (july2011 immigrant numbers)? Will I still have a chance to get a visa number before September 301th 2011?
Please let me know as soon as possible,
Thanks in Advance.

Social Security Card???

Hello to all in GREEN,

I was wondering if any of the forum members who have received the card have also received a replacement Social Security Card without going to a SS office. In my case I did request a replacement card on my form DS-230.

Thanks,

DS-230 is a DOS form not USCIS. It would have worked had you done CP. But for AOS, they (USCIS) don't process it at all.
You'll need to go to the SS office and request a new card. It will take you couple of minutes...

Hello to all in GREEN,

I was wondering if any of the forum members who have received the card have also received a replacement Social Security Card without going to a SS office. In my case I did request a replacement card on my form DS-230.

Thanks,

I agree with you as this is what I have done as well, it is really easy, you go to the social security office and tell them you became a resident and would like to replace your SS card and they mail it to you in max 2 weeks.

DS-230 is a DOS form not USCIS. It would have worked had you done CP. But for AOS, they (USCIS) don't process it at all.
You'll need to go to the SS office and request a new card. It will take you couple of minutes...

Thanks a lot Natta and Yoni123. I have been sitting on my hands hoping that form DS-230 was relevant to my situation. I do not know what I would do without you guys. Nothing is better than a T(ogether)E(ach)A(chieve)M(ore). God bless you all!

hello
Where did you process your application? I mean which US consular office? I saw your interview time line is 2 months after your AOS packet has been delivered.

If you are married then stick ur marriage certificate too.
Hi all,

I am international student holding F1 VISA and on the OPT right now. (graduated Dec/2010)
Can anyone help me to make sure the following documents are all the things I need to send to the Chicago lockbox (AOS)?
1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Personal check of $1,070 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($985) and Biometrics ($85).
Checks must be made payable to Department of Homeland Security.
3. Two identical color Photographs.
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope.
6.Copy of my Employment Authorization Card.
7. Copy of DV2011 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
8. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
9. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
10. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $440 to Department of State.
11. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages.
12. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back.
13. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas - F1 Visa and B1/B2 Visa
14. Copy of Birth Certificate.
15. Copy of High School Diploma.
16. Copy of University Diploma
17. Copy of Driver License.
18. Copy of birth certificate
19. Copy of passport page with admission (entry) stamp
20. Copy of Vaccination Record

Please help, thanks!

I don't know if you have noticed, but this forum is for Adjustment Of Status (AOS) for people who are in US already, so there are no US consular officeces involved in processing the applications. Good Luck

hello
Where did you process your application? I mean which US consular office? I saw your interview time line is 2 months after your AOS packet has been delivered.

Hi feel,
can you please tell me what we should answer to the question" this form is submitted in connection to.." next to signature box in the form g-325 A ?

Thank you

'Status as Permanent Resident" is what I selected. Also make sure you write down your name in native alphabet below it.

Hi feel,
can you please tell me what we should answer to the question" this form is submitted in connection to.." next to signature box in the form g-325 A ?

Thank you