• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hey guys,

From watching how the Visa bulletin is moving this year, when you think that Asia will be current ??

Welcome letter received... by the case moved from Card Production back to Post Decision Activity... ?!

If you send USPS express mail, should we use the PO box or the actual address.
I remember that once it was mentioned the address is for UPS and FEDEX as they can't deliver to PO BOX, but everything from postal office should go to PO box, even if overnight express mail?

Yes USPS express mail is delivered to PO boxes.

If you send USPS express mail, should we use the PO box or the actual address.
I remember that once it was mentioned the address is for UPS and FEDEX as they can't deliver to PO BOX, but everything from postal office should go to PO box, even if overnight express mail?

i brought the page from the instructions to the Postal office, and asked the teller.
He said if express mail, that i should use the address not the PO box.
Even though he said both options will work.
So I mailed it USPS express mail to the dearborn address.
I also removed the FBAS, since this is not a family based AOS...
But again, I'm pretty confident that all options will work and that mail is generally not lost, etc...

Yes USPS express mail is delivered to PO boxes.

I sent out the AOS to Chicago today and I am wondering... do I need to register anything in order to get an email or text shows package delivered and application accepted??

Thanks,

If you included Form G-1145 then you will get email/text notification on the email address and phone number you mentioned on it. If not, you just have to wait little longer to get the NOA in mail or you can check with bank to see if your check is cashed.

I sent out the AOS to Chicago today and I am wondering... do I need to register anything in order to get an email or text shows package delivered and application accepted??

Thanks,

That should work too. But I am sure they will have delivered it to PO Box as well. natta did send her package to PO Box using the USPS express mail if I recall it correctly.

i brought the page from the instructions to the Postal office, and asked the teller.
He said if express mail, that i should use the address not the PO box.
Even though he said both options will work.
So I mailed it USPS express mail to the dearborn address.
I also removed the FBAS, since this is not a family based AOS...
But again, I'm pretty confident that all options will work and that mail is generally not lost, etc...

Did you send the G-1145? (on top of your package)?
If yes, you'll get email/sms
If not, you;ll need to wait till they send you the NOA with the case number. Then you can go and track the progress online.
But with our type of case, seems like you will get 3 steps: Acceptance, CPO, PDA.
And the big change will happen after your (hopefully) successful interview.

Thanks,

I am so worry i send the 1-485 to Chicago 3 weeks ago but I did not send the secod letter and the receipt of $440 from KCC, Do you think it will affect the process? I already have the second letter and the receipt must I waith USCIS request me them or i have to send them?

Don't worry about it.
The NL2 is not needed to be sent in the package. I have never heard that they even ask it at interview...Just keep it and bring to the interview, just in case.
However the receipt for the AOS fee $440, most likely you will be asked to show it at your interview... KCC will not send your file to them without payment, so since you paid, everything will work fine. Just bring it to the interview.
Please add your signature to your benefit and the benefit of others.
Good luck

I am so worry i send the 1-485 to Chicago 3 weeks ago but I did not send the secod letter and the receipt of $440 from KCC, Do you think it will affect the process? I already have the second letter and the receipt must I waith USCIS request me them or i have to send them?

I also used USPS express mail to send to a PO box address.

That should work too. But I am sure they will have delivered it to PO Box as well. natta did send her package to PO Box using the USPS express mail if I recall it correctly.

Yes indeed feel, really good memory. I used USPS and send it to the PO Box and it also got signed for, which I fought was unusual as PO Boxes don't sign for mail.

Well, I sent mine to the Dearborn address with USPS express mail. I will tell you what happens on Monday.

Yes indeed feel, really good memory. I used USPS and send it to the PO Box and it also got signed for, which I fought was unusual as PO Boxes don't sign for mail.