• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Update: I received my green card in the mail today. The envelope itself does not look like the past USCIS mail so I wasn't sure until I felt something inside the envelope.

It was mailed out from Lee's Summit, MO USCIS National Customer Service Center on 11/16/10.:eek::eek::eek:

Congrats !!!!!!!! How does freedom feel? :)

Thanks dalerpulatov and vezuha!

Should be perfectly fine, especially if you check with FO that your file was requested and background check is clear. Some people had even less time between biometrics and interview with no problems =) Wish you the same!

Congrats!!!!!! Awesome piece of news of the day :)

Update: I received my green card in the mail today. The envelope itself does not look like the past USCIS mail so I wasn't sure until I felt something inside the envelope.

It was mailed out from Lee's Summit, MO USCIS National Customer Service Center on 11/16/10.:eek::eek::eek:

Congrats, you must feel so eliberated, the wait is finally over. :)

CONGRATS!!!! Very happy for you!

Thanks everyone,

Actually I do feel more relaxed now... but I think the tension is all gone when I completed the interview... and it feels quite surreal actually, I think the happiest time would be when you are told that you're approved during the interview... after that it's just waiting for the card to arrive.

Hopefully, we'll have more good news before x'mas.. Oh and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
first, he is naturalized citizen.

he has its own business and can provide all supporting documents for form I-134

the only problem is he doesn't have federal tax return for 3 yrs. due to lawsuit.

That should not be a problem.. my attorney didn't ask for my sponsor's W2 at all... I simply provided paystubs (in your case it would be his proof of income), employment letter, and copy of passport (Since he's a U.S. citizen, born in the U.S.). I wouldn't worry about the affidavit of support too much as long as you can find someone making above the poverty income level.

WoW.. Congratulations onebowloflaksa!

Now you can write your own affidavits of support :)

onebowloflaksa,
congrats! the long journey is finally over. very happy for you!

Thanks everyone,

Actually I do feel more relaxed now... but I think the tension is all gone when I completed the interview... and it feels quite surreal actually, I think the happiest time would be when you are told that you're approved during the interview... after that it's just waiting for the card to arrive.

Hopefully, we'll have more good news before x'mas.. Oh and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

congratulation,,enjoy . how does it feel to touch a GC ?

Congratulations !!!

hi guys, one question. can i not submit an affidavit of support I-134? can i just bring my bank statement that's is proofing i have some my own money????thanks

Bobik,
Could you add your signature? To be on safe side it is recommended to have I-134 with all the supporting docs like W2's, tax returns, copy of LPR or U.S. citizenship certificate etc. at the time of interview. Otherwise you might loose the valuable time should IO asks for one during the interview.

hi guys, one question. can i not submit an affidavit of support I-134? can i just bring my bank statement that's is proofing i have some my own money????thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone,

Congratulations onebowloflaska!! it was very fast...

congrats and good luck with your new status. this gotta be some thanksgiving for you and the most delicious turkey you've ever had.
plan to go to Cancun for holidays with peace of mind? :)

Thanks everyone,

Feel, My status is F1, but is about to finish. but as I applied to AoS, my status would be uncertain after finishing my school. Hopefully I got the interview letter

What is your visa status right now ( I know you are now AOS Adjustee but are you maintaining your F-1 just in case?) ? Were you in your 60 days grace period of F-1 when you applied for AOS?

COnragts !!

Can you share your interview details?

Thanks everyone,

Additional $65

I am thinking of paying additional $65 (i have already paid $375). I think some of the forum members have already paid this additional amount or planning to do. Before paying this additional amount I want to confirm that I am sending required documents:

- Filled up the form in http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html
- A single cashier check of $130 ($65*2) for me and my spouse
- Self addressed envelop

And send to:
U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

Do I need to send the previous paid slip?

Thanks