• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

JS7, so I agree with the comments above. How many field offices do you have around? Just go an check them all, if you are not sure which one your case is being processed at. This is once in a life opportunity and you can not make any wrong steps. But there might also be a way that the interview was not sent yet. I didn my biometrics on 10/28 and did an infopass and no interview was scheduled yet. Why do you think that yours was sent already?

2 FO, it costs at least $300+2days, to check both of them. about your second question, there was a soft LUD on my account. so I defined a "probability measure" on my data (I explain it to you in style of Russian great mathematicians. :))

thanks natta

Onebowloflaksa, did you happen to leave a message for Tuscany on the google doc spreadsheet? I just wanted to let whoever did it know that I deleted it, sorry. Let me know if you disagree. The reason I did it is to keep this doc simple to read and it is getting too bulky when every now and then some message pops up. We can discuss and ask things here, in the forum, I believe that is what the forum exists for. The idea of this google doc is simply to provide boiled down information - timeline, FO etc. So let's talk here and keep the doc simple. Thank you!

Hey Vezuha,

Yeah I did.. my bad.. yup, let's keep the excel simple and clean..

Also, I added the under the remarks at the side regarding mine and Newbe interview experience located page # of this forum, hopefully whoever has their interview (share their experience here on the forum) will also post on the remark of the google docs referring to the page number on this forum so others can refer to it. Plus, I added a new column for the visa status (noticed it was renamed), hope you don't mind~

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you received a pdf of the letter from KCC?
In that case, printing it on regular paper will make it look just like the original letter that I received back in April. The paper does not have any watermarks or letterhead.So do not sweat it much. They can verify its validity when they compare it against your file that is requested from KCC.

To address the other misinformation, you do not have to send the barcode page to USCIS to be eligible for AOS. That code makes sense for KCC to find your file faster in their computer system. You would send it with the DSP-122 form. But even there is not mandatory, just recommended.

Not to USCIS, but wasn't it in the early instruction to send the barcode page back to KCC to confirm further processing for the DV lottery? (Regardless whether it's for AOS or CP)

Onebowloflaksa, I hope Tuscany will follow up on your questions very soon =) Thank you for adding useful info to the doc, "Visa" column and I very like the idea of adding a reference of the forum's page # to the remarks column. And thanks to everyone who is updating this google doc with their information, it is very exciting to see how initially small file expands and becomes more valuable.

Hey Vezuha,

Yeah I did.. my bad.. yup, let's keep the excel simple and clean..

Also, I added the under the remarks at the side regarding mine and Newbe interview experience located page # of this forum, hopefully whoever has their interview (share their experience here on the forum) will also post on the remark of the google docs referring to the page number on this forum so others can refer to it. Plus, I added a new column for the visa status (noticed it was renamed), hope you don't mind~

guys, today I have called KCC and they told me that they have transferred my file to my local USCIS on November 9 upon request. Seems to me everything is fine so far and hopefully we all here will get green card. Hope and Beleive

right on man, you have my best wishes.

guys, today I have called KCC and they told me that they have transferred my file to my local USCIS on November 9 upon request. Seems to me everything is fine so far and hopefully we all here will get green card. Hope and Beleive

JS7 don't be racist, and I am not Russian if that is what you are implying. Than sit and wait for your letters and don't be mean to people who are just making suggestions, ok?

2 FO, it costs at least $300+2days, to check both of them. about your second question, there was a soft LUD on my account. so I defined a "probability measure" on my data (I explain it to you in style of Russian great mathematicians. :))

thanks natta

@ natta

I do not see any racism in my words, I thought you were Russian and wanted to thank your for your comments in that way. but it seems that it resulted in exactly opposite way.

Friends,
nobody is being racist and I sincerely doubt anybody here would want to hurt another one. We are all in the same boat and here is a place we come and help and comfort each other.
Let us keep it that way and let us all chill. ok?

Thanks

Everyone.. I feel like there's something a lot of miscommunication SOMETIMES since people can read a read a message in many different ways (I myself experienced it already in this forum)...this usually happens with written communication since we cannot hear the tone or see the expression of that person (plus some members may not be native English speakers making their written communication not so understandable at times) so I think everyone should take a step back and chill..

Seriously, this forum is full of helpful people and I think we're all here to help one another out and give each other moral support.

Maybe the wait is creating some sort of tension with some of us, but holidays are around the corner.. so let's stay positive!!!

All Good :) Peace, Love and Hapiness :) And A Green Card on the way :D

@ natta

I do not see any racism in my words, I thought you were Russian and wanted to thank your for your comments in that way. but it seems that it resulted in exactly opposite way.

Not to USCIS, but wasn't it in the early instruction to send the barcode page back to KCC to confirm further processing for the DV lottery? (Regardless whether it's for AOS or CP)

Hi onebowloflaska,

I know we are all here to help each other. Maybe I did misunderstood your message. It is edited now, so I can only tell you what I remember. I thought it mentioned something about the AOS package, and in the end you said that you must send at least the NL1 and the barcode to be eligible for AOS.
When I read your message in the morning, I thought you meant to include them in the AOS package to Chicago. You definitely need to include NL1 (or a copy) in the package, but the barcode is meaningless for USCIS.

If you meant to send it to KCC, sure, it is recommended to send it with your DPS-122 form. But it is not required by them either. In fact my scan of the barcode page says: "Please return this barcode sheet to facilitate the processing of your case when you return ...". It helps them to find your file faster, but my interpretation of that wording is that it is not absolutely required.

Moreover, my opinion, and I may very well be in a small minority, is that for AOS we do not really have to send anything back to KCC. Just pay the DV fee to DOS. In the end I sent the DSP-122 form back (+ the barcode page) because it was not much trouble. But the official instructions do not ask for anything if we do AOS.

The bigger problem is that people that called KCC to ask about this issue, were told by those answering the phone to send not only DSP-122, but also 2 pictures, and sometimes the DS-230 as well, which is both inconsistent and wrong. I think some KCC employees are reading this forum and are getting their information from here instead of reading their official instructions (half joking).

Hi onebowloflaska,

I know we are all here to help each other. Maybe I did misunderstood your message. It is edited now, so I can only tell you what I remember. I thought it mentioned something about the AOS package, and in the end you said that you must send at least the NL1 and the barcode to be eligible for AOS.
When I read your message in the morning, I thought you meant to include them in the AOS package to Chicago. You definitely need to include NL1 (or a copy) in the package, but the barcode is meaningless for USCIS.

If you meant to send it to KCC, sure, it is recommended to send it with your DPS-122 form. But it is not required by them either. In fact my scan of the barcode page says: "Please return this barcode sheet to facilitate the processing of your case when you return ...". It helps them to find your file faster, but my interpretation of that wording is that it is not absolutely required.

Moreover, my opinion, and I may very well be in a small minority, is that for AOS we do not really have to send anything back to KCC. Just pay the DV fee to DOS. In the end I sent the DSP-122 form back (+ the barcode page) because it was not much trouble. But the official instructions do not ask for anything if we do AOS.

The bigger problem is that people that called KCC to ask about this issue, were told by those answering the phone to send not only DSP-122, but also 2 pictures, and sometimes the DS-230 as well, which is both inconsistent and wrong. I think some KCC employees are reading this forum and are getting their information from here instead of reading their official instructions (half joking).

I did mention AOS, but I forgot to mention KCC..think I should have phrased it properly, but I thought it was too much hassle, which is why I removed it altogether so others don't get the wrong message. I'm really surprised that we do not have to return the bar code back to KCC, my attorney gave me the impression that it was required to move ahead. This is a quote from Step 2 of dvselectee.state.gov:

Submitting your documents

Submit each completed form listed above and photographs for yourself and your family members to the address below. In addition, be sure to include the barcode sheet from your original selectee notification letter.

Funny about KCC peeps reading the forum... made me laugh out loud at work..

Hi Guys, I just found this forum. My husband is the dv winner. He is on OPT and I am on F1 visa. I was on F2 before changing to F1 to go to school. I am finishing school next month 18th December. In the dv process, we were current in October and we will do our biometrics on Dec 2. I am confused about what to do with my soon to expire F1. Should I apply for OPT?, If I don't apply for OPT, will I automatically go back to F2? I just don't know what to do. Please help. How do I stay in status until we go for interview.

you are absolutely right baobab. A lot of things we have done is just to facilitate. for example recently a few members were having deep discussion here about the ORIGINAL NL1. We all know that NL1 is just a piece of paper for our information. if you get 100 copies off of it, they all would look the same as the original one! that is why USCIS or even Consulates need direct info from KCC.

The other thing is the NL2 and the need for sending DSP-122. The fact is the moment you send the 440$ to DOS you are informing them about you intention for AOS. again we all did that just to be in the safe side.

Hi onebowloflaska,

Hi nezerbelle and welcome to the family.

First thing you need to do is to setup you signature or put down your info in the google spreadsheet so we can help you better.
the second is if you can read this forum from beginning to the end you get the answers.

Your answer
the third : I am assuming that you have already got your NOA (notice of actions). If that is the case you are fine. You can stay in AOS status until a decision is made even if your visa expires before a decision is made. again assuming that you were legal before you got the NOA. So: you do not need to apply for OPT before the interview and in fact you can't cause OPT is for students with no immigration intention.
I hope this info helped. let us know more about you case or explain your question better and we make sure to help you.

good luck

Hi Guys, I just found this forum. My husband is the dv winner. He is on OPT and I am on F1 visa. I was on F2 before changing to F1 to go to school. I am finishing school next month 18th December. In the dv process, we were current in October and we will do our biometrics on Dec 2. I am confused about what to do with my soon to expire F1. Should I apply for OPT?, If I don't apply for OPT, will I automatically go back to F2? I just don't know what to do. Please help. How do I stay in status until we go for interview.

Nezer La Belle,

I was in the same situation, (was finishin my F1 and hesitating to apply to OPT), then I read this forum and I decided not to apply OPT in order not to confuse the process.

What is your visa status right now ( I know you are now AOS Adjustee but are you maintaining your F-1 just in case?) ? Were you in your 60 days grace period of F-1 when you applied for AOS?

Nezer La Belle,

I was in the same situation, (was finishin my F1 and hesitating to apply to OPT), then I read this forum and I decided not to apply OPT in order not to confuse the process.

Hey Feel, looking at your question above, I am an F1 as well and I am mantaining my status. I am graduating in spring though, so hope to be done with everything by then.