• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2010 winners from kenya

Oliseh, that's what i told u earlier, they indicated $840 in the 2NL. i made a call to the US Consulate here and they were just telling me to pay $819, i doubt if they really know what's written in that letter. concerning the secondary evidence i think i'm also in the same sitaution though I haven't got any letter telling me the same but i will just carry my baptismal card in case they ask for it. so are u going to pay $840 or 819? i suggest u better contact those guys for them to give u the correct info. all the best
mjamaa, i will just prepare $840 x2 just in case and they will give back change incase they feel its ok. By the way how is the certificate of police from Kenya going?

mjamaa,
you may also need to carry your Kenyan ID. You never know what they might require.

Oliseh, yes it's good to pay everything as mentioned coz it's a small difference only. anyway i e-mailed them concerning the same and i hope they will reply and give me the correct info. I haven't received that police cert from kenya but i'm hoping to get it by 20th of this month utmost. if not i will call the high com n ask them when they expect it. do u think it will be wise to ask someone in Kenya to do a follow up? that's what i was thinking to do in case i shall have not got it bo 20th Aug though i hope it will come b4 5th Sept. 6 wks will end on 31st Aug. i'll carry any document necessary for secondary identification.

Oliseh, yes it's good to pay everything as mentioned coz it's a small difference only. anyway i e-mailed them concerning the same and i hope they will reply and give me the correct info. I haven't received that police cert from kenya but i'm hoping to get it by 20th of this month utmost. if not i will call the high com n ask them when they expect it. do u think it will be wise to ask someone in Kenya to do a follow up? that's what i was thinking to do in case i shall have not got it bo 20th Aug though i hope it will come b4 5th Sept. 6 wks will end on 31st Aug. i'll carry any document necessary for secondary identification.
Mjamaa
Try and get someone to do follow up.
However the tricky part is the CID have your ID but if you have a copy of the ID you can scan it and send it to the person to check the status of your application. However the CID wont give him the cert but will send it to the Embassy.
Please harass the embassy guys and tell them that the stuff is needed on 23rd August and you will see how things will move fast.
Alternatively you please call CID headquaters directly and ask them about your status. Their directly line doest go through however you can call the Police Headquaters (check their phone number www.kenyapolice.go.ke ) and ask them to patch you through the CID.
You need the cert before 25th to avoid panicking.

Oliseh,
I got the response from the US Consulate here concerning the amount to be paid. They gave me the exact figure with the exchange rates too. instead of $840 it should be $819. Let me call these guys ASAP. I'll try CID first then try KP in case the first number fails. Thanks a lot
Mjamaa
Try and get someone to do follow up.
However the tricky part is the CID have your ID but if you have a copy of the ID you can scan it and send it to the person to check the status of your application. However the CID wont give him the cert but will send it to the Embassy.
Please harass the embassy guys and tell them that the stuff is needed on 23rd August and you will see how things will move fast.
Alternatively you please call CID headquaters directly and ask them about your status. Their directly line doest go through however you can call the Police Headquaters (check their phone number www.kenyapolice.go.ke ) and ask them to patch you through the CID.
You need the cert before 25th to avoid panicking.

wassup guyz, just received the last letter yesterday, have three weeks to interview date but the 840.00 usdollar thing is almost impossible. am even wondering if i'll be able to get it in time. to prepare for the interview i need like app 80,000(medical assessment included). need urgent prayers and more miracles. am unemployed (cyber assistant) and only have a mom. anyone with any ideas or chedder help. :(

Hi All,

I just have a quick question,
-when you all received the 2nd letter, did it say anything about form "OF-157" for medical examination? if yes, did it come with the letter or was it provided by the Doctor?
-Do you have to show the 2nd letter when you go for the interview?

Thank you all.

Hi Isee, which fiscal year are u in? 2010 or 2011? i'm a 2010 winner and never saw anything like that. maybe other forumers may give their opinion on this
Hi All,

I just have a quick question,
-when you all received the 2nd letter, did it say anything about form "OF-157" for medical examination? if yes, did it come with the letter or was it provided by the Doctor?
-Do you have to show the 2nd letter when you go for the interview?

Thank you all.

wassup guyz, just received the last letter yesterday, have three weeks to interview date but the 840.00 usdollar thing is almost impossible. am even wondering if i'll be able to get it in time. to prepare for the interview i need like app 80,000(medical assessment included). need urgent prayers and more miracles. am unemployed (cyber assistant) and only have a mom. anyone with any ideas or chedder help. :(

Blackrock, i pray that you get the required amount by the end of the three weeks. Its a short time, try hard to get it

mjamaa, its actually my aunt who won for 2010,her interview is in september and she received the 2nd NL stating that she needs to fill in the "OF-157" form and give it to the doctor when doing the medicals who will then sign it. (trust me, i am just as confused as you are because i have never heard of such). I guess i'll have to email KCC and find out because it seems like nobody knows.

Thanks.

mjamaa, its actually my aunt who won for 2010,her interview is in september and she received the 2nd NL stating that she needs to fill in the "OF-157" form and give it to the doctor when doing the medicals who will then sign it. (trust me, i am just as confused as you are because i have never heard of such). I guess i'll have to email KCC and find out because it seems like nobody knows.

Thanks.

Isee
If KCC sent her the form to take to the physician, then let her write her name and give them to fill their medical findings. However, I think all panels of physicians assigned for Immigrant visa have that form.

Oliseh, have u got the documents u were told to avail for secondary evidence? in my case i was told to contact the high com early next week for me to get the info when my PC will be sent. i'm hoping to get it b4 30th.

Oliseh, have u got the documents u were told to avail for secondary evidence? in my case i was told to contact the high com early next week for me to get the info when my PC will be sent. i'm hoping to get it b4 30th.

Mjamaa, Yes I sent them my Kenya ID plus baptism card.
Harass the High Com. guys sometimes they are very slow in doing things. You should put a deadline for them but Im sure by 27th you will have the certificate in your hand.

Hey guyz, i got my 2nd NL three weeks to the appointment date (almost an year after sending the

1st NL)which am persuing as a student, got my financials in order ( thanks beck :) ), went

through the health asssessment process at international organisation for migration(iom), got

sealed envelope,vaccination certificate plus a perfect x-ray. my appointment is on 7th sept and

i've prepared all requested documents for the interview (birth certificate, high school

certificate, passport and passport size photos, except the good conduct which am expecting to

have by weeks end). am just wondering how the whole process at the embassy will be conducted and

what is expected of me in terms of any additional documents, if i must have a affidavit from my

sponsor abroad or just an address, do i need a bank statement or an account, dress code and what

quesions should i expect at the interview?.

i have alot ridin on this and any assistance on how i can prepare myself for a perfect 7th of

september would highly be appreciated, please feel free to reply at this thread or email

mickamau@gmail.com(also for facebook).

i look forward to sharing my experience for the whole process when i successfully aquire my visa.

thanks a bunch :)

Oliseh, good to hear that u have already got the docs. do u mean u have already submitted the required documents for interview to the US embassy in Tokyo, or...? in my case i'll just carry the whole pack of docs on the interview date itself. the only thing i'll have to do is to pay the $819 in advance as a DD. all the best to u
Mjamaa, Yes I sent them my Kenya ID plus baptism card.
Harass the High Com. guys sometimes they are very slow in doing things. You should put a deadline for them but Im sure by 27th you will have the certificate in your hand.

Blackrock, do go thru these threads for u to know how the past guys went thru their interviews n the questions asked plus the additional docs needed. i mean the Nigerian and Ghana threads will be of much help in addition to Kenyan one. all the best
Hey guyz, i got my 2nd NL three weeks to the appointment date (almost an year after sending the

1st NL)which am persuing as a student, got my financials in order ( thanks beck :) ), went

through the health asssessment process at international organisation for migration(iom), got

sealed envelope,vaccination certificate plus a perfect x-ray. my appointment is on 7th sept and

i've prepared all requested documents for the interview (birth certificate, high school

certificate, passport and passport size photos, except the good conduct which am expecting to

have by weeks end). am just wondering how the whole process at the embassy will be conducted and

what is expected of me in terms of any additional documents, if i must have a affidavit from my

sponsor abroad or just an address, do i need a bank statement or an account, dress code and what

quesions should i expect at the interview?.

i have alot ridin on this and any assistance on how i can prepare myself for a perfect 7th of

september would highly be appreciated, please feel free to reply at this thread or email

mickamau@gmail.com(also for facebook).

i look forward to sharing my experience for the whole process when i successfully aquire my visa.

thanks a bunch :)

Oliseh, good to hear that u have already got the docs. do u mean u have already submitted the required documents for interview to the US embassy in Tokyo, or...? in my case i'll just carry the whole pack of docs on the interview date itself. the only thing i'll have to do is to pay the $819 in advance as a DD. all the best to u

Mjamaa
Yes they sent me a letter to submit all the documents apart from passport, medical and police report in advance for pre-screening. I already sent them Thursday 19th August.

Mjamaa
Yes they sent me a letter to submit all the documents apart from passport, medical and police report in advance for pre-screening. I already sent them Thursday 19th August.

Oliseh, I'm just about to get my PC. i contacted the High com n they told me it has been received from Nairobi. I've done medicals too n hope all will be well for me and others like u too

Oliseh, I'm just about to get my PC. i contacted the High com n they told me it has been received from Nairobi. I've done medicals too n hope all will be well for me and others like u too
Mjamaa
Good news. Now lets put the other documents together and pray to God to guide us through the interview.