• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Hello All,

Thank God I arrived safely with my family on friday and had a smooth flight. Currently i'm in Staten Island, NY. Waiting for my SSN to start the job hunting. God bless us all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no,your sponsor has no role to play at the port of entry.I will advice you to go to your sponsor first and later move to Ohio or you can tell the US immigration officer that you want to change your address.He will just cancel the address on your immigration packet and write the new address thus the Ohio. The same thing happened to me.Hope this helps.

Hello my big guys who are already in the State, Pls I want to know this:
Does your sponsor has any role to play at the port of entry, apart from picking you home?
I'm asking this because, I have decided to stay with a family member in Ohio for now so I would like to use Ohio as my port of entry where I will be welcomed by a family member instead of using New York where my sponsor would have picked me up. Is this going to pose any immigration problem for me? Or I should go straight to my sponsor and then later move to Ohio? Pls advice me. Thanks to you all

You can land in any airport you like so far as it's in the US and an internatiuonal airport. Your sponsor is not needed in any role. Ohio can be your POE while you can still maintain your address in New York.

Hello All,

Thank God I arrived safely with my family on friday and had a smooth flight. Currently i'm in Staten Island, NY. Waiting for my SSN to start the job hunting. God bless us all!

Nice to hear that, our God is so wonderful!

Forumites, please help me with this question,
I want to know if i can use P.O. Box ???? in mailling address of dv application because here in Africa some places are not really defined by house and street numbers ?

Forumites, please help me with this question,
I want to know if i can use P.O. Box ???? in mailling address of dv application because here in Africa some places are not really defined by house and street numbers ?

Why not? Once your postal address is correct and reliable. Peace! Benniit

Hello House,

Sorry for not sharing this information with the house ealier. By the grace of God we got our green card on the 7th of Oct thus exactly three weeks plus three days of our stay here. Indeed our effort wasn't in vain.

Hello House,

Sorry for not sharing this information with the house ealier. By the grace of God we got our green card on the 7th of Oct thus exactly three weeks plus three days of our stay here. Indeed our effort wasn't in vain.

Good to hear that alexee, we hope your hunt for a Job soon becames very successful. that Job will surely be a Good one by the Grace of Our Lord.

Hello House,

The God who has taken us this far will continue to take us through our struggles. I hope you achieve what you have hoped for soon.

Hello House,

Sorry for not sharing this information with the house ealier. By the grace of God we got our green card on the 7th of Oct thus exactly three weeks plus three days of our stay here. Indeed our effort wasn't in vain.[/QUOT

Very encouraging news. Hope the others waiting for their turn will get theirs soon. Good luck

Hello House,

Sorry for not sharing this information with the house earlier. By the grace of God we got our green card on the 7th of Oct thus exactly three weeks plus three days of our stay here. Indeed our effort wasn't in vain.

Eei, hm mm this green thing? Alexee, Bravo! For having received you green card. I pray that the Obamaland will treat you fairy in everything you do.

HI Ammeck,
Did you take direct flight from UK to USA. If not, did you travel through a country that required a transit visa. Anyone with information can respond especially those whose journey started from an European country.

HI Ammeck,
Did you take direct flight from UK to USA. If not, did you travel through a country that required a transit visa. Anyone with information can respond especially those whose journey started from an European country.

Yea, I travelled directly to the US. M0st of the airlines travel direct to the US. Which city are you flying from and what problems are you facing?

HI Ammeck,

naaa, let me hear from you.

naaa, let me hear from you.

I found an airline (aer lingus) that costs less, but transits at Dublin, Ireland. The transit requires only 1 hour and not even going through immigration desk. The airline cannot tell if i need a transit visa. Just called the Ireland embassy in Italy here, and it said transit visa is needed from non European and other citizens entering Ireland. The problem is resolved. Thanks

I found an airline (aer lingus) that costs less, but transits at Dublin, Ireland. The transit requires only 1 hour and not even going through immigration desk. The airline cannot tell if i need a transit visa. Just called the Ireland embassy in Italy here, and it said transit visa is needed from non European and other citizens entering Ireland. The problem is resolved. Thanks

Ok, good to hear you have resolved the issue.

Success has started falling on our fellow Ghanaian dv-2011 winners. Just this morning one had had a successful interview. We have to hail the mighty works of the Lord.