• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Hi JKO,
It good to know that you have started making some money.
you havnt received you SSN? when did you apply?did you apply personally at a Local SSN office in you area? if not, pls go to any local SSN office and apply now. i went to local SSN office and applied on 20th oct and it came on 25th oct.

by the way which state are u?

Yaro, nice to hear that. Pls I want you to educate me about the
SSN. Some people have said a lot about the SSN in this forum and it always contradicts one another so I want your view.

Some say you can only apply for the SSN after your 10 days stay in US, Is it true?

And others say you do not need to apply for the SSN at all after arriving in US, because it will be automatically be posted to you through the address you provided. Is this one also true? The basis of this assertion is that on the DS-230 form, there was a question about SSN so if you ticked yes which implies that you need the SSN it will be mailed to you once you get to US. Pls How true?

Pls anybody who has the idea can educate me. Thanks

Hi JKO,
It good to know that you have started making some money.
you havnt received you SSN? when did you apply?did you apply personally at a Local SSN office in you area? if not, pls go to any local SSN office and apply now. i went to local SSN office and applied on 20th oct and it came on 25th oct.

by the way which state are u?

Hi Yaro2, You are perfectly right cos after waiting for two weeks and realized it wasn't coming, I went to the local office near me and I just received it today. I live in Staten Island NY bro. I was interviewed by an agent who got me a telecommunication job in Canada but i hear they don't pay well compare to the States and also my SSN wasn't ready then so i had let go of it but i'm still trying tho.

Hello house,

By the grace of God i got a job and i'm starting tomorrow. It will surprise most of you to know that i applied for a night shift since i wanted an easy way entrance into the American job market but when i went to the interview, the favor of God came in and they change it from night to day. In short i was given a different position which i believe i wouldn't have been called for interview if i had chosen that. The interview went well and i was told to go and have a drug test the same day. A call came after three days that i should come and finalized the documentation process which i did and as indicated earlier, i'm starting tomorrow. I want to tell all of you that even though the economy is not picking up fast God will always make a way where there seems to be no way for his children. Believe and trust him and @ the end of the day, he'll crown your effort with victory.

Hello house,

By the grace of God i got a job and i'm starting tomorrow. It will surprise most of you to know that i applied for a night shift since i wanted an easy way entrance into the American job market but when i went to the interview, the favor of God came in and they change it from night to day. In short i was given a different position which i believe i wouldn't have been called for interview if i had chosen that. The interview went well and i was told to go and have a drug test the same day. A call came after three days that i should come and finalized the documentation process which i did and as indicated earlier, i'm starting tomorrow. I want to tell all of you that even though the economy is not picking up fast God will always make a way where there seems to be no way for his children. Believe and trust him and @ the end of the day, he'll crown your effort with victory.

This is very encouraging news. We hope this work brings you joy and happiness.

Hello house,

Great is Jehovah! This is a great news to share with us. Hope God will continue to open even more windows for you.

Hello house,

Thats a gr8 news, thank God 4 open doors.. He will continue to provide u.

This is excellent news!!. I totally, totally agree with your comment highlighted in bold below. No one can stop Jehovah God's holy spirit upon His people. Even though it may not be a job of choice, it is a blessing and a good start. It's better than nothing. Continue to be grateful and humble. It's only the beginning.!!
Hello house,

HELLO Ammeck,
please I the address that i used in the DV application has now been change. Please, should I inform KCC before I submit my form? Please Help me.

HELLO Ammeck,
please I the address that i used in the DV application has now been change. Please, should I inform KCC before I submit my form? Please Help me.

You have to fill the new address in the form before sending it to KCC. The address in the form will supersede the one used during the edv registration.

Hello to all of you guys!
I started my journey to USA this morning 10:45am from Accra and landed in JFK exactly 5:45pm. By God's grace It was a smooth flight. when we arrived, there wasn't too many people going through the immigration checks so it took me less than 20 mins to leave the port. At first point where my brown envelope was taken and opened, I asked the immigration officer to change the address where all my correspondences will be passed and he did exactly that for me. So I am hoping that this change of address will be smooth without any problems later.

I must apologise over here that, the house should forgive me for my inability to inform the house earlier about my departure date. Sincerely speaking, I have been absent from this forum for a couple of weeks as I was so busy putting some things together. So when I got to the house this evening i decided not to sleep not until I have inform you wonderful guys about my latest development.

For now I'm in Bronx, NY but in a week time I will move to Ohio where I will use as my home state.
Once again, I thank the Lord Almighty for making my dream comes true today .As for my wife, she is bound to join me early next year. And I hope when the time is due for her to join me, God will make everything successful.

Thanks to you all

Hello to all of you guys!
I started my journey to USA this morning 10:45am from Accra and landed in JFK exactly 5:45pm. By God's grace It was a smooth flight. when we arrived, there wasn't too many people going through the immigration checks so it took me less than 20 mins to leave the port. At first point where my brown envelope was taken and opened, I asked the immigration officer to change the address where all my correspondences will be passed and he did exactly that for me. So I am hoping that this change of address will be smooth without any problems later.

I must apologise over here that, the house should forgive me for my inability to inform the house earlier about my departure date. Sincerely speaking, I have been absent from this forum for a couple of weeks as I was so busy putting some things together. So when I got to the house this evening i decided not to sleep not until I have inform you wonderful guys about my latest development.

For now I'm in Bronx, NY but in a week time I will move to Ohio where I will use as my home state.
Once again, I thank the Lord Almighty for making my dream comes true today .As for my wife, she is bound to join me early next year. And I hope when the time is due for her to join me, God will make everything successful.

Thanks to you all

Wonderful, thanks to our God for landing you safely to join us here. Wish you all the best in all your endeavors.

Hello house,

HI Guys,

Thank you all for wishing me well. I know more of such news will flow in this house very soon.

Hello house,

I miss this great news, alexee congratulationssssss. I have been out for some time now.

One love

hi all of you,

I gave a call to KCC yesterday morning to check my case status and the agent said: << sir your case is already processed, you have to wait for your case number to be current, I advise you to check the visa bulletin on the 15th of each month >>.
I am terribly anxious cause my case number is so high, I dd not know if i will receive the 2nd letter and a consulate interview. This is an opportunity to realize the american dream, I really do not want to loose it.........some advices please...

Hello guys, I just missed an opportunity to land a good job because I currently don't have a US driving license. It's very important here, most good jobs requires you to submit your driving license details before you can even complete the online application.

I hope those who have got their visas and are on their way to the US will take a note of this and try to get one as soon as they get here.

hi,
can some one tell me the process of receiving the green card? I was told you will first receive a welcome letter then you call to confirm your address then after that they mail the green card to you. those of you who have received their green cards Is that true?

How long does the welcome letter takes to come as well as the green card. I have been here more than 3 weeks now and I have not received any welcome letter nor green card. is it normal? Anyway i changed my address at the port of entry which was Atlanta. could that also be a factor why the welcome letter and the green card is taking time to come?

hi,
can some one tell me the process of receiving the green card? I was told you will first receive a welcome letter then you call to confirm your address then after that they mail the green card to you. those of you who have received their green cards Is that true?

How long does the welcome letter takes to come as well as the green card. I have been here more than 3 weeks now and I have not received any welcome letter nor green card. is it normal? Anyway i changed my address at the port of entry which was Atlanta. could that also be a factor why the welcome letter and the green card is taking time to come?

There is no fixed time or period to which one has to receive his/her GC. It all depend on the State, the person dealing with your application, and whether they have to transfer your case from one State (POE) to another State (provided address).

I had mine 3 weeks 4 days after landing, others had theirs earlier, whilst some had theirs even after 2 months. So keep on praying!

Folks,

we thank God for journey mercies, we arrived Houston Texas yesterday, God favour was really with my family. We took alot of Naija food stuff to USA, we never had any problem at the point of entry. The people were so friendly. O boy the place is just to fine.

One love